Dead Giant Squid Washes Up on Seram Island in Maluku

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
1494467024.jpg

Jakarta. The remains of a giant squid washed up on the shores of Seram Island in Maluku province earlier this week.

According to a statement Beritasatu.com received on Wednesday (10/05), a resident, identified as Asrul Tuanakota (37), discovered the 15-meter-long squid on Tuesday evening.

In the darkness, Asrul initially mistook the giant sea creature for a stranded boat.

more

Dead Giant Squid Washes Up on Seram Island in Maluku | Jakarta Globe

Well, simply amazing and shows what lives in the ocean that we don't understand.

That thing is a MONSTER! Seeing things like this out at sea is what gave rise to the legends of sea monsters.

Wonder what killed it?

That thing is a MONSTER! Seeing things like this out at sea is what gave rise to the legends of sea monsters.

Wonder what killed it?

He was a veteran and the VA would not treat him cuz they deemed him to expensive to treat. So they put him on a secret government health care run death list.

Wonder what killed it?

He was a veteran and the VA would not treat him cuz they deemed him to expensive to treat. So they put him on a secret government health care run death list.

What is really sad is that you partisan hacks seem to see a need to politicize everything with hyperbole and rhetoric.

I think it's cool that there are things like this still out there to be found. I've seen some really strange things out on the ocean, as well as some really cool things during my 20 years in the Navy.

Two of the coolest. One, we were out at sea, and there was a cloud formation just on the horizon, that when the sun set, it looked like the horizon was on fire.

Another one was every time we came through the Straits of Gibraltar, there would always be a pod or two of dolphins who would play in the bow wake all the way through the straits. It was beautiful to sit on the bow and watch them jump and play. Kinda mesmerizing actually.

Scariest one? Coming down through the Red Sea and steaming past a ball of sea snakes that was around 60 ft. around. Not only are they mean, but they are also one of the most deadly snakes around. If anyone fell into the water there, they were a goner.

What makes you say it's fake? There are strange creatures which were massive in size that have washed up before.
Too large....and if it was dead floating like that....those people would have to mask for the smell.

Not necessarily. People in other countries have a lot higher tolerance for unpleasant smells than Americans do.

If you know of any Navy people who served in the 70's through the 90's in the Philippines, ask them about "Shit River" sometime.

1494467024.jpg

Jakarta. The remains of a giant squid washed up on the shores of Seram Island in Maluku province earlier this week.

According to a statement Beritasatu.com received on Wednesday (10/05), a resident, identified as Asrul Tuanakota (37), discovered the 15-meter-long squid on Tuesday evening.

In the darkness, Asrul initially mistook the giant sea creature for a stranded boat.

more

Dead Giant Squid Washes Up on Seram Island in Maluku | Jakarta Globe

Well, simply amazing and shows what lives in the ocean that we don't understand.
What the hell! How big was that squid!! :eek-52:
But I don't understand why it ran aground....I thought giant squids lived only in the abyss :shock:

Forum List

Back