Hackers Hit Dozens of Countries Exploiting Stolen N.S.A. Tool

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Oh My, The NSA can't keep track of there own weapons...

Hackers Hit Dozens of Countries Exploiting Stolen N.S.A. Tool
Leer en español
By NICOLE PERLROTH and DAVID E. SANGER MAY 12, 2017
13Hack3-master768.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO — Hackers exploiting malicious software stolen from the National Security Agency executed damaging cyberattacks on Friday that hit dozens of countries worldwide, forcing Britain’s public health system to send patients away, freezing computers at Russia’s Interior Ministry and wreaking havoc on tens of thousands of computers elsewhere.

The attacks amounted to an audacious global blackmail attempt spread by the internet and underscored the vulnerabilities of the digital age.

The attacks on Friday are likely to raise significant questions about whether the growing number of countries developing and stockpiling cyberweapons can avoid having those same tools purloined and turned against their own citizens.

They also showed how easily a cyberweapon can wreak havoc, even without shutting off a country’s power grid or its cellphone network.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/world/europe/uk-national-health-service-cyberattack.html?_r=0

I got an email from Malwarebytes on this. There are 2 of them. Everyone needs to make sure Windows is updated to cover one of them, and Malwarebytes Pro will cover the other.
Sick of my privacy being invaded. Same as if my door were kicked in and I was robbed. People just really have no respect for anyone do they?

I call bullshit. Show us what you REALLY got and take down a grid. I'll wait.

Forum List

Back