DEA likely to OK marijuana rescheduling

You’re an ignorant moron. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Pot causes mental illness. Not for many but it does.
You’re part of the problem. Ignorance like yours puts others at risk.
I learned the hard way about the dangers of this drug fifty years ago. And I see ignorant sleazeballs continue to propagate and parrot this dangerous pot bullshit.
what did you learn 50 years ago roshan?....

:rolleyes:

Pot is an extremely dangerous and addictive drug.

Were it not, I would care not about its pimps/addicts.
From everything I’ve read, any addiction is psychological, not physical. While psychological addiction can be a terrible thing as well, it’s not the same as physical addiction.

The dangers of marijuana use are certainly minimized by its supporters, but you seem to be going the opposite direction and exaggerating the dangers. People have been using pot in fairly large numbers for many many years. There’s no epidemic of pot deaths, as we see with opioids. People aren’t wasting away on pot like meth addicts. The majority of evidence seems to suggest that pot is similar to alcohol in terms of danger to the individual and impact on society; perhaps less so.

More research should absolutely be done on the potential dangers of marijuana use, particularly the link to psychosis. It should not be legal for minors. It should not be legal to drive high. But as I said before, even if it’s not legal for recreational use at all, it does not belong in Schedule I.

From everything I’ve read, any addiction is psychological, not physical. While psychological addiction can be a terrible thing as well, it’s not the same as physical addiction.
I tend to think that's true, but much more info. needed.

The wreckage I've seen pot cause is substantial, so a distinction without a difference except - as you say - in terms of grouping.
The dangers of marijuana use are certainly minimized by its supporters, but you seem to be going the opposite direction and exaggerating the dangers.
Yes, and that's in specific reaction to the endless downplaying of its dangers.

The more this happens, the more danger it creates for the vulnerable groups its wider availability trickles down to.
People have been using pot in fairly large numbers for many many years. There’s no epidemic of pot deaths, as we see with opioids.
Correct, but it's still extremely dangerous and addictive.
People aren’t wasting away on pot like meth addicts.
It's a different kind of wasting away in many cases, yes.
The majority of evidence seems to suggest that pot is similar to alcohol in terms of danger to the individual and impact on society; perhaps less so.
No.

Pot-induced psychosis is all too real and devastating.
More research should absolutely be done on the potential dangers of marijuana use, particularly the link to psychosis.
Yup.

And extreme caution - rather than cheerleading it as harmless - in the meantime.

Strict liability would go a long way to curtail this rampant pimping.
It should not be legal for minors.
As noted, 21 = 15.

Its use trickles down.

25 should be the MINIMUM age for use, and even that represents substantial danger in terms of trickle down usage.
It should not be legal to drive high. But as I said before, even if it’s not legal for recreational use at all, it does not belong in Schedule I.
You're staying rational, and I appreciate that, as well as your Sked1 argument, which is reasonable.

Guns don’t alter mental states and cause psychosis. That’s got to be one of the stupidest attempts at analogy I’ve ever seen from a non-democrat.
Imo weed ain't no worse than booze. Makes the chili dogs taste better.

Where pot is legal the community suffers. Encouraging more drug abuse is bad across the board. Just because you haven’t directly suffered the consequences and because the info is being hid doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I’m informing you right now.
Pointing to alcohol abuse and prescription drug abuse doesn’t make another bad thing OK.
Yes, I've heard how horrible Colorado is compared to those heaven on earth places like Alabama and Mississippi.

Except for the mental illness it can cause.
Again, you do whatever drug you want. Just be aware that it can be very bad for others.
And lining the lungs with carbon is an entirely other hypocritical concern with pot smoking.
I don't do any kind.

Forum List

Back