Damn A hole gave me a negative review

Great I understand captured markets. Still, how does that example portend his early demise? You stated 'no where else to go to get it'. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Neither of us know his condition but that statement seemed odd to me that's all.

There are lots of ways to handle a huge influx of customers... usually more labor is a part of that...but only a part.

Look at the two fast food stands of Dairy Queen vs Chik filet...the chicken stand has at least four times the number of customers and more expensive food but customers get through the lines quicker than Dairy Queen.
Yes, there are many ways to skin a cat.
The OP business must be doing something correct. Just because he has a heavy tempo day, does not indicate he must change his entire business model. A bit drastic IMO.

Great I understand captured markets. Still, how does that example portend his early demise? You stated 'no where else to go to get it'. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Neither of us know his condition but that statement seemed odd to me that's all.

Yes, there are many ways to skin a cat.
The OP business must be doing something correct. Just because he has a heavy tempo day, does not indicate he must change his entire business model. A bit drastic IMO.
It doesn't have to mean a drastic business model change...but it might.

It could be something as simple as giving the customers a form to fill out and cheap golf score pencils reducing the need for verbal communication. Or online ordering ahead of time. (Same thing but no paper or pencils)
Or it could be something else like creating a "membership" account that gives repeat customers the opportunity to purchase priority service over newbies...thereby increasing revenue available for labor expenses.

There's a lot of ways to handle these sorts of situations where everyone is satisfied and happy.

And the age old rule of 80% of all business failures are due to poor management hasn't been broken for thousands of years. Usually though, management blames staff or something else 99.999% of the time.

The store was dead for an hour and then everyone showed up and each one was time consuming

This afternoon I was swamped and working alone . I had a line of 12-15 for 2 hrs straight .
Then I get a negative review on Google by a sewer rat complaining I was going to slow and I took to much time
God damn genetically damaged losers who ars just welfare rats
After I closed .I stayed at work another 90 min doing paper work
Well, let's say that's 15 divided by 120 minutes equals 8 mins per customer. Does seem very slow if your selling groceries.
Let's face it you wouldn't last at Tesco very long.
On the other hand, it may take a lot longer if your selling guns, I wouldn't know, but if that's the case at least he just gave you a bad review and didn't blow your head off. Be thankful for small mercies.

Can’t you see I am already a broken down man .
I can’t handle too much

I can’t say because I have made too many “semi racist “ comments and i know someone will use that to destroy me

When you have a specialized skill set that is not easily found...

Then you can be a primadonna about it. The customer will pay a lot for the service and there will be a very slim chance of competition.
(Another way of capturing a market)

Motor rewinding companies are exactly that same way. Large 3 phase motors (50hp or more) are extremely expensive... paying someone local to refurbish one is half the price and half the wait for getting a new one.

So they can be beligerant over the job they do... you give them a 9 lead motor and they give you back a 12 lead motor. Things like that happen a lot.

My actual advice for you:

1. Respond to the the person that gave you the bad review with an apology and ask them to come back and you will try to make their experience at your place better the next time.

2. Ask your friends ( If Jewish, Muslim or even Indian from India ) if they have a cute sister that need work and you should hire two of them because it seem you need some females there but the ethnic group does matter for you!

3. Finally, sell the shop and move back to where you Mom is at and have her find you a nice girl to help you run a shop there instead!

This afternoon I was swamped and working alone . I had a line of 12-15 for 2 hrs straight .
Then I get a negative review on Google by a sewer rat complaining I was going to slow and I took to much time
God damn genetically damaged losers who ars just welfare rats
After I closed .I stayed at work another 90 min doing paper work
Get over it dude. You've not had a bad day until you run into contractual issues that can cost you thousands or have other tradesmen break hundreds of your stones by driving jacklifts on it before its cured or have a water main break while your working in a house or have a 3 thousand dollar tub show up damaged or any other plethora of budget busting shit happen.
So you worked late.....BFD

My actual advice for you:

1. Respond to the the person that gave you the bad review with an apology and ask them to come back and you will try to make their experience at your place better the next time.

2. Ask your friends ( If Jewish, Muslim or even Indian from India ) if they have a cute sister that need work and you should hire two of them because it seem you need some females there but the ethnic group does matter for you!

3. Finally, sell the shop and move back to where you Mom is at and have her find you a nice girl to help you run a shop there instead!
Don't want to stereotype, but I have a feeling old Mom could be the problem.
Jewish moms it is said do tend to rule the roost. Jewish men are said to worship - some more than others.
From what he has said which is little about his Mom but enough to make me think perhaps no woman can live up to Mom.

As for apologising to a dreaded customer, he does seem to look down on them so I wouldn't give that much hope.

Negative reviews are a part of doing business. It is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. For every bad business/contractor there are a dozen customers who are even worse.

Just move on

Unless you get a lot of bad feedback it's pretty irrelevant.

Forum List

Back