Dallas Woman Tests Positive for Coronavirus Again After 4 Months: 'I Was Floored'

Yes, and so far nobody is saying much about the differences; those who test positive for the antibodies may not be generating antibodies for the more damaging strains, for instance. If this was an artificially modified virus, then the usual patterns of deadly viruses mutating into less deadly viruses may not happen, which is why the 'traditional' herd immunity may not work.

Hopefully the cheap steroid thing recently touted in the news will turn out to work.
There is no evidence that this is mutating into a more deadly form. If there were a SHRED it would be on constant repeat from every 'news' outlet world wide.
This was ONLY a test run. They wanted to see how the herd reacted. By all accounts...the herd performed excellently.

Dallas Woman Tests Positive for Coronavirus Again After 4 Months: 'I Was Floored'

A woman in Dallas is fighting her second battle against the coronavirus.

Meredith McKee first tested positive for the potentially deadly virus in February, diagnosed after feeling "clear and obvious" symptoms, she told NBC 5.

"I had a dry cough like you would not believe. It would not stop,” McKee recalled, explaining that she managed to fight off the first bout of the virus from home.

She even donated some of her plasma after testing positive for antibodies.

"I felt great finally [doing] something good coming out of the hell that I’ve been through because I'm going to help up to eight people with this plasma,” she said.

However, last week, McKee shared a tearful photo of herself from a hospital bed at Texas Health Presbyterian in Dallas. After admitting herself with high blood pressure and a headache on Friday, she found out she was one again positive for COVID-19 four months after her initial diagnosis.

"I was floored when it was positive," McKee said.

Doctors are not sure why the virus sometimes reemerges — or if it is contagious the second time around.

Save your hysteria....

1592691718844.png

Meredith McKee first tested positive for the potentially deadly virus in February, diagnosed after feeling "clear and obvious" symptoms, she told NBC 5.

"I had a dry cough like you would not believe. It would not stop,” McKee recalled, explaining that she managed to fight off the first bout of the virus from home.

"I felt great finally [doing] something good coming out of the hell that I’ve been through because I'm going to help up to eight people with this plasma,” she said.

However, last week, McKee shared a tearful photo of herself from a hospital bed at Texas Health Presbyterian in Dallas. After admitting herself with high blood pressure and a headache on Friday, she found out she was one again positive for COVID-19 four months after her initial diagnosis.

Doctors are not sure why the virus sometimes reemerges — or if it is contagious the second time around.

Key words is that "she got over the first case of it at home" (no medical treatments involved?), so in fact (undoubtedly) she never got over it completely right ?? Having the anti-bodies undoubtedly doesn't mean that she was totally cured, but rather that the virus had become inactive in her system after her system put it in check. She may have some underlying problems that could bring her original case back into play, only yet with a much lesser punch hopefully. I pray she'll be ok, and being that her system put it in check, then she should be ok during this round.

Had a co-worker at work this past flu season, who came down with the flu twice, but he got over it. Wasn't the Covid he had, but the pattern was similar due it being a corona-virus.

Just another example of why its important not to get this virus ever. Herd Immunity won't ever work and will just kill a lot more people.

Cases have been reported long before her about people getting Covid-19 twice, so it happens just like catching the flu or pneumonia.

Many get this virus and never knew they had it, so it is not known why some catch it and never show symptoms and why others catch it twice but what is known is if you have any lung issues you should keep yourself home!

Cases have been reported long before her about people getting Covid-19 twice, so it happens just like catching the flu or pneumonia.

Many get this virus and never knew they had it, so it is not known why some catch it and never show symptoms and why others catch it twice but what is known is if you have any lung issues you should keep yourself home!

Blood type seems to play a role in susceptibility, pre-existing lung problems, as already widely known.

Never said there was; the usual pattern is mutating into less deadly forms. With an artificially tampered RNA, that normal pattern may not follow that pattern.
True, but don't underestimate the immune system, becaus (yes) man may have tampered with the virus, but while in that world he is still subject to the laws that govern that world, and the immune system is the deal breaker that knows how to repair that world in which man attempts to toy with.

Might take a minute or two in order to unravel the mess that man had created, but the Lord is working on it as we speak. Praise the Lord, the ruler and creater of the universe, and everything within it. Man can mess up a two car funeral, but the good Lord has the keys to the tow truck. :)

True, but don't underestimate the immune system, becaus (yes) man may have tampered with the virus, but while in that world he is still subject to the laws that govern that world, and the immune system is the deal breaker that knows how to repair that world in which man attempts to toy with.

Might take a minute or two in order to unravel the mess that man had created, but the Lord is working on it as we speak. Praise the Lord, the ruler and creater of the universe, and everything within it. Man can mess up a two car funeral, but the good Lord has the keys to the tow truck. :)

I hope that it can self-repair, but I wouldn't count on it yet. The ability for DNA and RNa to repair itself is built into the cells themselves. Change the patterns from 'outside' artificially it may not be able to 'recognize' what is wrong' and needs to change.

I'll find a better more detailed explanation for what I'm saying when I get the time, unless somebody already knows one and posts it. IT's not a new argument, and it doesn't just apply to viruses, it applies to GMO crops and artifically produced animals as well.

I hope that it can self-repair, but I wouldn't count on it yet. The ability for DNA and RNa to repair itself is built into the cells themselves. Change the patterns from 'outside' artificially it may not be able to 'recognize' what is wrong' and needs to change.

I'll find a better more detailed explanation for what I'm saying when I get the time, unless somebody already knows one and posts it. IT's not a new argument, and it doesn't just apply to viruses, it applies to GMO crops and artifically produced animals as well.
Good points, and I know what you are talking about. The repairs might be slower just as a body repairs poisoning damages (if not to severe), but finding the culprit is the main thing, then that can be repaired as would then be found listed in the preventive or prevention category. We must take relentless action in finding the source, and then dealing with that source in ways that lets the human hand know that if you do this, then you get that for it.

You don't need either to know that this is cause for concern. Oh, and where did you go to medical school and do your epidemiology residency? Also its important to use common sense and think for yourself rather than just blindly following what a doctor tells you to do. Doctor's are not God's and its not uncommon for the patient to be right and the Doctor to be wrong about a medical issue.

You answer a question with a question?
You went to public school.

Define uncommon?

We don't know about this new SARS-CoV-2 virus ... but generally, infection by the other coronavirus do NOT impart a long lasting immunization ... only a few months so this case should be wholly expected ... anyone who has had Covid-19 can fully expect to get it again ...

Just another example of why its important not to get this virus ever. Herd Immunity won't ever work and will just kill a lot more people.
the dems and fake environmentalist should love this since they think the planet is already over crowded,,,

A second positive test after a negative result may mean the virus is simply taking its time leaving the body, doctors said, and is no longer able to infect others.

"It's possible that people could shed remnants of the virus for some period of time. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with them or that they are contagious," said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

You always post bullshit and negativity. You are a terrible human being and very stupid.

A second positive test after a negative result may mean the virus is simply taking its time leaving the body, doctors said, and is no longer able to infect others.

"It's possible that people could shed remnants of the virus for some period of time. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with them or that they are contagious," said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

You always post bullshit and negativity. You are a terrible human being and very stupid.
Also could it be that in these spikes, that we don't see the death rates spiking because the virus is being beaten down during it's track through the human immune system's ???? Otherwise, will we end up with a far less lethal virus once it is being destroyed as it goes through the healthy immune system's before leaving to infect another ?? The laws of the universe basically shows that anything created has a life span that is short or shortened after it survives in the most volital environments imaginable. Anything subject to being duplicated, will lose something everytime it's duplicated. Is the virus any different ?? Is the virus subject to different laws of the universe ???? Don't think so, and so we end up with a lot less potent or fatal strain in which is absolutely great thank goodness.

the solution is obvious at this point. Do exactly the opposite of what Trump has been doing the last 6 months. Have a real lock down for three weeks and then have plenty of PPE testing and tracing. Otherwise we have to wait for the vaccine and pray

the solution is obvious at this point. Do exactly the opposite of what Trump has been doing the last 6 months. Have a real lock down for three weeks and then have plenty of PPE testing and tracing. Otherwise we have to wait for the vaccine and pray
You people and your damn politics.. It's so transparent that even a blind man can see it. Best be glad that I'm not in charge of this nation, because the Demoncrats would be deemed a hostile terrorist group hell bent on attacking this nation, and aiding and abedding others who are doing the same.

What you, and others like you are doing, is you are making white people regret that they ever gave in, and allowed this nation to become diverse and multi-culrural.

You are doing everything that you can to start a war through the use of Trump on white people, and doing so because they don't subscribe to certain cultural identities or standards who are hell bent on creating something hostile and racist towards a race of people being based on the actions of a few in the race. Every race has bad actors. We don't stereotype all based on the bad actors, but here we are doing just that in America

It won't work, and people are on to the bullcrap. The only sad part is that Trump the leader of this country has allowed it to go on to far, and this he is doing because of the fears of doing something wrong during an election. Everyone involved should be ashamed as to what they have allowed to take place.

You people and your damn politics.. It's so transparent that even a blind man can see it. Best be glad that I'm not in charge of this nation, because the Demoncrats would be deemed a hostile terrorist group hell bent on attacking this nation, and aiding and abedding others who are doing the same.

What you, and others like you are doing, is you are making white people regret that they ever gave in, and allowed this nation to become diverse and multi-culrural.

You are doing everything that you can to start a war through the use of Trump on white people, and doing so because they don't subscribe to certain cultural identities or standards who are hell bent on creating something hostile and racist towards a race of people being based on the actions of a few in the race. Every race has bad actors. We don't stereotype all based on the bad actors, but here we are doing just that in America

It won't work, and people are on to the bullcrap. The only sad part is that Trump the leader of this country has allowed it to go on to far, and this he is doing because of the fears of doing something wrong during an election. Everyone involved should be ashamed as to what they have allowed to take place.
It is not about politics it is about science. Science is not just another opinion and the coronavirus doesn't care whether you believe face masks and testing and organization and PPE.Trump made wearing a mask political. Unbelievable enjoy all the cases of coronavirus in your stupid GOP brainwashed functional moron state. When do you finally figure it out?.

It is not about politics it is about science. Science is not just another opinion and the coronavirus doesn't care whether you believe face masks and testing and organization and PPE.Trump made wearing a mask political. Unbelievable enjoy all the cases of coronavirus in your stupid GOP brainwashed functional moron state. When do you finally figure it out?.
Just stay out of our state, and we will be happy.

Just stay out of our state, and we will be happy.
And another pure hate brainwashed functional hater Dupe from the right. Try facts and courtrooms sometime. Change the damn channel....

Forum List

Back