Dallas Folding in the Play-offs.....Again

I love to hate Dallas. Jerry Jones. Hate everything about them. Only thing I love almost as much as a lions win is a Cowboys loss.
I adored the Cowboys growing up.

Was a huge fan.

I still like the team.

I have just grown away from them over the years.

The great Cowboy teams had one central thing in common...strict discipline.

Look at every great franchise and every great coach...discipline.

Their problems are so easy to read.

Mark my word, once Jerry departs this mortal coil they will win a SB within two seasons.

14 penalties, some negating great plays, will kill you. Also, not sure why Dak Prescott ran the ball but did not run it out of bounds on that last play, with no time-outs left.
The more I watch the highlights the more I see he blew it too. He played pretty good but not good enough to win that game. Jerry Jones is right. He's not going to complain about that last play because the team shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

Let's not forget Dallas had home court advantage.

This is great. I just love it when Dallas loses.

Dallas stuck gold with the America's team concept that was implemented a half century ago as the two Football leagues merged officially. But it created a small percentage of fans in many NFL cities. And resented by many fans of teams in those cities. There are people still alive who believe the NFL at that time gave the Cowboys more favorable rulings on plays. Why? Because the NFL was pushing their brand with an old AFL and old NFL forming a new NFL. And it got them printed on the papers for it.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Dallas out of the playoffs. I think people need to get over their hatred of the Cowboys...they haven't been dominant in about 20+ years.

Good teams don't beat themselves... The 49ers played well enough to win but the Cowboys really helped them out.

Penalized teams lack coaching discipline.

That is a culture, and says a lot about the strength and effect of strong coaches.

Dallas has notoriously weak coaching, and has had that since Parcells was at the helm.

However, for Jerruh to affect change and still run the team as he sees fit he REQUIRES a weak coach.

Jerruh needs to die, or permanently retire and block himself from the team.

As such the team will never win while Jones still walks this Earth.
Agreed. Jerry is a control freak, just like Al Davis was.

In the end, Prescott blamed the refs

But it was his stupid decision to run up the middle with no time outs that cost them their last chance to win

Can't say I'm sorry to see Dallas out of the playoffs. I think people need to get over their hatred of the Cowboys...they haven't been dominant in about 20+ years.

Good teams don't beat themselves... The 49ers played well enough to win but the Cowboys really helped them out.
I dont think people hate the Cowboys because of their success at this point. It's the constant media attention a team that has been hot garbage for the last 20 years gets year in and year out. For how many years have we been hearing about how they were going to break through this year, that they might be the best team in football etc. How many PO wins do they have since 2000? 1?

I dont think people hate the Cowboys because of their success at this point. It's the constant media attention a team that has been hot garbage for the last 20 years gets year in and year out. For how many years have we been hearing about how they were going to break through this year, that they might be the best team in football etc. How many PO wins do they have since 2000? 1?
Very true
They mocked Cincinnati for going 30 years without a playoff win
The mighty Cowboys are not much better

In the end, Prescott blamed the refs

But it was his stupid decision to run up the middle with no time outs that cost them their last chance to win
Prescott is just like Romo in many respects.
Regular season stat machine...
When the crunch is on...the smart decisions are not there.

He should have headed for the sidelines
But that is the thing that separates a good, from a really good, or great qb.

Prescott is good, just like Romo was good.

QB, more than ANY other position has to have that 'it' factor.

Very few times have game managers(Trent Dilfer), or gunslingers (Favre) taken it to the summit.

Just like the Cowboys will never win with Jones at the helm, they will never win with Prescott.

Dallas was only down 6 when they melted down. God it was great
They are performing better than the Lions did In their playoff game! Lol! Do the
Lions even know that there are playoffs or do they believe the goal of every season is to get the first pick in the draft?

I didn’t see Dallas complaining about the refs when they used replay to take away a first down from SF.
A first down that would have ended the game

Forum List

Back