Cutting the cord

Thanks for all the great info. Picked up a Roku tonight. Lots to absorb. Will try most.

Just amazed at the picture. Always thought I was getting a great picture before. Pfffffft, OTA is incredible.

Pop23, I bought two Rokus ( a couple of years ago ) for my widescreens and had my cable disconnected. I loved all the hundreds of apps, and caught Netflix and Pandora, there, too. Everything is available from today, to the classics of the 50's. All the news shows are available, but you have to wait one day to see the clips from the previous day usually.. For that reason alone, I went back to cable, with two DVRs and now I never watch anything with my Roku...:( Hulu Plus was something that can be watched on TV and Internet but regular Hulu, is just on the computer, if I am remembering it all correctly. ) I did try Hulu Plus at a stiff price and didn't enjoy it, as I felt Netflix had a better user interface and better selections. I only needed one or the other. Why pay for both? Netflix through Roku still costs that monthly fee, of 7.99, at the time. Most apps are free.

I do have a wireless connection with TVs in two rooms and all programs were almost as good and clear as my HD. Mostly, one could not tell the difference. I love Roku! And now Roku 3 is available.

I still have all of the above and may go back to it, some day. Right now I have such a good deal on my bundled phone, Internet and expanded cable with DVRs and it only comes to $106. a month, though in a few months that will increase by $44.00. I got in on a great offer, last year.

Best of luck...Poppers! :D :D

I can't wait until I can qualify as a new subscriber again. There is where the real savings happen. Current subscribers get screwed

Forum List

Back