"cut the wealth of billionaires in half over 15 years, "

Asclepias AND what? Is 1/2 billion, i.e. 500 million too much for you to handle?
Nothing is too much for me to handle. I was just wondering how drastically your life would be changed if you only had half a billion instead of 1 billion.
Probably not that much (unless the majority of your wealth is tied up in stocks, shares, bonds, property and businesses).

If you're a cash rich billionaire then not much would change, I'd imagine.

But that's not really the point.

It's a point of principle. It's outright theft.

You would get 15 or 20-years in jail for walking into a bank, with a gun and walking out with millions even if you used the excuse like the bank won't miss it, they've got tens of billions in reserve and the money would be insured anyway too.

But legally it would be ok to just take half of wealthy folks money?

One is illegal and carries a hefty prison sentence but the other is morally acceptable and correct?

"It's a point of principle. It's outright theft."

I dont know how it is in your country and I know you're a foreigner so I will explain. In this country taxes are what you pay for the privilege of being able to make a billion dollars.
Wrong. Taxes are theft, pure and simple. Earning money and keeping it is a right, not a privilege.

Asclepias
Let's see...
BEFORE the 1 billion is cut in half... way far sooner than that... the billionaires will move their $$ offshore.
See I deal in reality.

Super Rich Hide $21 Trillion Offshore, Study Says​

So as a result what was being taxed by the government i.e. the billionaires... is reduced.
So how can taxes be paid if there isn't any income to be made?

More importantly though... are you truly that stupid to think that billionaires keep their billions buried in their
backyards or under their mattresses? You can't be that dumb.
After buying yachts (I know this one well as I did consulting to a yacht manufacturer one time and boy the
workers loved those rich yacht buyers...) airplanes, homes, and all that they want, they still have $$ left over.
So what do they do with it? Do you know?
Some goes into banks that hey turn around and lend it out!
Some goes into businesses to hire hmmm... more people, build facilities... wait the government could do that!!
Some goes into the stock market... but honestly and probably surprising to you... very little is kept in cash in their backyards or under their mattresses! Called economics.

Asclepias AND what? Is 1/2 billion, i.e. 500 million too much for you to handle?
Nothing is too much for me to handle. I was just wondering how drastically your life would be changed if you only had half a billion instead of 1 billion.
Probably not that much (unless the majority of your wealth is tied up in stocks, shares, bonds, property and businesses).

You would get 15 or 20-years in jail for walking into a bank, with a gun and walking out with millions even if you used the excuse like the bank won't miss it, they've got tens of billions in reserve and the money would be insured anyway too.

One is illegal and carries a hefty prison sentence but the other is morally acceptable and correct?

I dont know how it is in your country and I know you're a foreigner so I will explain. In this country taxes are what you pay for the privilege of being able to make a billion dollars.
I know what taxes are you condescending prick.

Taking half of someone's wealth through newly implemented taxation which targets them is theft.

Are you ignoring all the taxes said billionaire has paid whilst earning his billions?

Asclepias
Let's see...
BEFORE the 1 billion is cut in half... way far sooner than that... the billionaires will move their $$ offshore.
See I deal in reality.

So as a result what was being taxed by the government i.e. the billionaires... is reduced.

More importantly though... are you truly that stupid to think that billionaires keep their billions buried in their
After buying yachts (I know this one well as I did consulting to a yacht manufacturer one time and boy the
workers loved those rich yacht buyers...) airplanes, homes, and all that they want, they still have $$ left over.
Some goes into businesses to hire hmmm... more people, build facilities... wait the government could do that!!
Some goes into the stock market... but honestly and probably surprising to you... very little is kept in cash in their backyards or under their mattresses! Called economics.
One of my mentors is a white billionaire so I am well aware of what they do with their money. What they do with it is not something I would give you for free. I would make you pay for that information.

We have had many discussions about taxes and he and I only differ on one thing. He feels he specifically would be better off determining where his money goes. I have to admit that in his case I agree as he is awesome in what he does. He pays for his employees children college educations and he builds schools in the areas that his employees live.

Asclepias
Let's see...
See I deal in reality.

One of my mentors is a white billionaire so I am well aware of what they do with their money. What they do with it is not something I would give you for free. I would make you pay for that information.

We have had many discussions about taxes and he and I only differ on one thing. He feels he specifically would be better off determining where his money goes. I have to admit that in his case I agree as he is awesome in what he does. He pays for his employees children college educations and he builds schools in the areas that his employees live.
We will all be better off if billionaires decide what to do with their money rather than the government.

So says Bernie Sanders...https://berniesanders.com/issues/tax-extreme-wealth/
He says ..."Will raise an estimated $4.35 trillion over the next decade"
That's $435 billion additional tax revenue per year.
Right now... if the top 1% of US households (164 million households) or 1.64 million earn
$1,700,000 per year and pay right now about 20% of all federal tax revenue.
BUT if Bernie and the majority of the ignorant people on this board have their way...
according to Bernie these "billionaires" will have "cut the wealth of billionaires in half over 15 years,"
Hmmm... so if Bernie has his way and cuts these evil billionaires wealth in half... how will Bernie pay for the next 15 years?
Remember he is counting on these "billionaires" to pay $435 billion a year from their wealth which according to his plan will be reduced every year.
Which means the tax payments will be reduced. It's just simple economics.
To be fair, he is cutting in half everyone elses wealth with things like inflation due to massive spending, so what the hay?

Asclepias
Let's see...
See I deal in reality.

We will all be better off if billionaires decide what to do with their money rather than the government.
Not really. Even he says most billionaires dont think like he does.

Ah yes, Bernie Sanders and his “Social Democrat” way, “let’s punish success so we can subsidize failure

This is yet another example of how the political class operates, it preys upon the productive class, it doesn’t produce anything of value thus it has to prey upon those that do for it’s own survival.

The State is a gang of thieves writ large.” — Murray Rothbard
Well Bernie is a failure in the private sector.
As are most of the political class, they can’t cut it using productive economic means so they turn to predatory political means and hope nobody figures out that they’re just criminals disguised as “public servants”.

So theft is now a "privilege"?!?

Ho.....lee....fuck!

Wrong. In this coungtry and in every country taxes are what the government steals from you to make profit for the employees and leaders of government.

Also do the utter crackpots who advocate this shite, never stop and think too that when something like this is announced the billionaires and big corporations will move their wealth, assets and company HQ's to other countries? everyone would make a point of doing it and they go from their mouths watering over these stolen hundreds of trillions of dollars to having fuckall as there's less and less incentive to stay put and be robbed.

Good work. Way to go.

Ah yes, Bernie Sanders and his “Social Democrat” way, “let’s punish success so we can subsidize failure

This is yet another example of how the political class operates, it preys upon the productive class, it doesn’t produce anything of value thus it has to prey upon those that do for it’s own survival.

The State is a gang of thieves writ large.” — Murray Rothbard
Well Bernie is a failure in the private sector.
As are most of the political class, they can’t cut it using productive economic means so they turn to predatory political means and hope nobody figures out that they’re just criminals disguised as “public servants”.
Jennifer Granholm a failure as a Governor and now Sec. of Energy was a failure on the board of Proterra. Makers of electric busses that have been a disaster. 30 to 50 miles on a charge that cost cities millions. The busses have structural problems. massive battery weight, logistics and brake issues to start. They have replace busses on some routes in cities and must be used on near level areas. This woman is another bum uplifted by the system and continues to be lauded. A person involved in a city that bought 24 busses paying over 25 million dollars total for them was singing the praises of it before the purchase. He ended up retiring with his nice pension a few months after the trouble started. He should have been fired with no pension and benefits.

Other people live on half your income so give half your income to government, lead by example show us the way. ^^^ lib just shit himself.

Asclepias
Let's see...
See I deal in reality.

These government morons would spent every last dollar of their wealth in short order then it's gone forever. Then what?

Right now... if the top 1% of US households (164 million households) or 1.64 million earn
BUT if Bernie and the majority of the ignorant people on this board have their way...
according to Bernie these "billionaires" will have "cut the wealth of billionaires in half over 15 years,"
Hmmm... so if Bernie has his way and cuts these evil billionaires wealth in half... how will Bernie pay for the next 15 years?
Remember he is counting on these "billionaires" to pay $435 billion a year from their wealth which according to his plan will be reduced every year.
Why do you think there were no US billionaires before Reagan's tax cuts?
450px-2008_Top1percentUSA.png

Causes of income inequality in the United States - Wikipedia

The answer to your "simple economics" is obvious, create a set of democratically constructed laws and institutions that prevent obscene levels of income and wealth inequality from forming in the first place.

The answer to your "simple economics" is obvious, create a set of democratically constructed laws and institutions that prevent obscene levels of income and wealth inequality from forming in the first place.
John D. Rockefeller was a billionaire, you dumb turd.

Why would any rational person object to someone having a billion dollars?

No laws should be banning obscenity. What is obscene to you is not to others and it is not the governments place to dictate such decisions of taste.

Opps you are also wrong. There WERE billionaires before Reagan and his tax cuts.

It's great how he refers to taking peoples money as raising money. That's good honest work in his book.

That $500,000,000 is tied up in plant and equipment. Who are all those people using it going to work for after the government sucks it into the welfare sewer?
It's more likely a majority of that $500,000,000 comes from stock buybacks which were illegal before Reagan and benefit no one in the productive economy.

"Stock buybacks[edit]​

"Writing in the Harvard Business Review in September 2014, William Lazonick blamed record corporate stock buybacks for reduced investment in the economy and a corresponding impact on prosperity and income inequality. Between 2003 and 2012, the 449 companies in the S&P 500 used 54% of their earnings ($2.4 trillion) to buy back their own stock. An additional 37% was paid to stockholders as dividends."

Forum List

Back