Currently In The News, Another Pastor Goes To Prison For Robbing Elderly Folks

Carla_Danger

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2013
A Red Welfare State
I don't believe his sentence was harsh enough!

jim-staley-800x430.jpg

A Missouri pastor at a church called “Passion for Truth Ministries” will serve prison time for lying to and defrauding elderly investors, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Jim Staley, 40, was sentenced Wednesday to 7 years in prison and ordered to repay elderly investors $3.3 million. He pleaded guilty to four counts of wire fraud and profited $570,000 in the scam of elderly people who trusted him because of his Christian faith and family values. Some of them were suffering from dementia.

Full story @ Pastor at ‘Passion for Truth’ church sentenced to prison for swindling the elderly

Good! There's nothing worse than someone exploiting the elderly, especially in the name of God. They also play into the hands of liberals who salivate over demonizing Christianity. He might survive prison but his REAL punishment will begin after he dies.

Scientology does the same thing, why not arrest and convict them of swindling?

I guess some people have discovered how easy it is to swindle people if you mention God/Jesus to them and so they become pastors. For shame.....:(

I don't know if the guy's jail sentence is too long, too short or just right, but making him pay back what he took is most definitely a good step in the right direction and of course because of how much he took, it may take him forever to get it all paid back. :D :D :D

God bless you and his victims always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Thou shall not steal, dude!

Forum List

Back