Current 2016 Presidential Polling in Florida

The current field of republicans are dismal.

If they want the Tea party monkey off their backs, they'd let Rand Paul run.

That would be the second Goldwater moment.
They really want a hard RWer this time around though.

I suspect Rand has an up-hill battle ahead. And that's putting it mildly.

What does a "hard RWer" represent to you?
A person that's unreasonable. Every solution needs to be more right, as in..to the right.

Authoritarian, belligerent, offensive, ignorant & hypocritical.

Pretty much the average USMB Republican.

A real-life representation of this are the person of Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin.

[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION]

Last edited:
They really want a hard RWer this time around though.

I suspect Rand has an up-hill battle ahead. And that's putting it mildly.

A person that's unreasonable. Every solution needs to be more right, as in..to the right.

Fair enough. But i think you perfectly described a "hard LWer' just as accurately.

Real life representation = Alan Grayson, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer, Liz Warren, Barack Obama, Charles Rangel, etc...

Fair enough. But i think you perfectly described a "hard LWer' just as accurately.

Real life representation = Alan Grayson, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer, Liz Warren, Barack Obama, Charles Rangel, etc...

Harry Reid is pretty moderate. Ideologically he's in the same range as Lisa Murkowski.

True, but it's entirely possible for another candidate or two to start building infrastructure as well, like Ted Cruz and most definitely Mike Huckabee.

Interestingly enough, there has been very little polling Clinton vs. Walker, but in every matchup that has happened, for instance, in Wisconsin, a couple of times nationally, also a number of times in Iowa, she has beat him handily.

I'm interested in the Governor's race myself.

To win the nomination, you need money and infrastructure. Everything else is just smoke.

These are the four Republicans who are currently raising money and building an infrastructure;

Jeb Bush
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
Scott Walker

The nominee will be one of those four until someone else also gets serious about running a campaign.

my money is on rand paul for the nomination. he's the only one the teaparty types can almost tolerate.

I don't see him beating Hillary... not even a little.

I think they have buyers regret for even picking scott over crist in the first place. and it was clear that the GOP deserted Crist.... not the other way around.

Crist didn't run against Scott. After one term, he decided he wanted to be a Senator. That's much easier, you know. But then he lost to Rubio in the primaries.

The guy is a political charlatan. On the one hand, it would be nice to have a Democrat governor since the Republicans control everything here in the state. But on the other hand, I've seen both up fairly close, and Scott looks miles better than Crist, though he's so milquetoast.

Crist didn't run against Scott. After one term, he decided he wanted to be a Senator. That's much easier, you know. But then he lost to Rubio in the primaries.

The guy is a political charlatan. On the one hand, it would be nice to have a Democrat governor since the Republicans control everything here in the state. But on the other hand, I've seen both up fairly close, and Scott looks miles better than Crist, though he's so milquetoast.

you're right. thanks for refreshing my recollection.

what is correct, however, is that the GOP withdrew its support of Crist in favor of the teapartier Marco Rubio because of Crist being a moderate who supported the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act. (better know, I believe, as bush's "bailout").

my money is on rand paul for the nomination. he's the only one the teaparty types can almost tolerate.

I don't see him beating Hillary... not even a little.

Rand Paul is setting himself as the moderate GOP option. How he will stack up against Hilary depends upon who is backing him. Make no mistake that he will have full TP support even if he isn't their first choice.

Hilary's support will be substantial but I am expecting it to narrow as the election becomes serious after the conventions in 2016.

So who holds the FL governor's seat could be crucial for those who can recall the 2000 debacle.

Rand Paul is setting himself as the moderate GOP option. How he will stack up against Hilary depends upon who is backing him. Make no mistake that he will have full TP support even if he isn't their first choice.

Hilary's support will be substantial but I am expecting it to narrow as the election becomes serious after the conventions in 2016.

So who holds the FL governor's seat could be crucial for those who can recall the 2000 debacle.

I agree. And Rick Scott is not the person I would like to see holding that spot in 2016.

luckily they are not the norm. they represent the basest, most vulgar, most extreme recesses of the right.

you're right. thanks for refreshing my recollection.

what is correct, however, is that the GOP withdrew its support of Crist in favor of the teapartier Marco Rubio because of Crist being a moderate who supported the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act. (better know, I believe, as bush's "bailout").

That's true.

It was also true that Crist hugged Obama (a sin in the GOP) and that he was a wishy-washy windsock while Marco Rubio was a Tea Party favourite.

The guy has little spine. In the 90s, when he was pretending to be a Republican, he was for longer prison sentences and attacked public education, hardly liberal shibboleths.

Forum List

Back