cubs won CUBS WON!

Congratulations Cubs fans.

Being a Giants fan, I'm still glad.

It's nice to see some of the original baseball teams, that never moved, (Red Sox, Cardinals, Cubs) be in the World Series

The first game of the 1954 World Series was even more exciting than last nights game.

Before the Giants moved to San Francisco, two World Series plays gave them an incredible long-range momentum that made them champions and gave them uniqueness, making them very attractive due to that '54 World Series win. After three following bad seasons in New York, they moved the ball club West in 1957.

History of the New York Giants (baseball) - Wikipedia

in 1965, when I was four, living in the San Francisco Bay Area, I was fascinated with Willie Mays, and I will always remember the first times I saw Mays make an over-the-head basket catch on the warning track, whirl and throw the ball to the plate, preventing a sure run from scoring from second base.

The Catch (baseball) - Wikipedia

In years to come, I was even able to find these Willie Mays Topps baseball cards, starting at five-years-old, the first year I began to collect baseball cards. They did not distribute many of them, and each year I had to buy several dozen packs to find one.

I don't remember having these three, but I may have traded for one of them.

1954 World Series - Wikipedia

The 1954 World Series matched the National League champion New York Giants against the American League champion Cleveland Indians. The Giants swept the Series in four games to win their first championship since 1933, defeating the heavily favored Indians, who had won an AL-record 111 games in the regular season; it has since been broken by the 1998 New York Yankees (114) and again by the 2001 Seattle Mariners (116, tying the 1906 Chicago Cubs for the most wins ever). The Series is perhaps best-remembered for "The Catch", a sensational running catch made by Giants center fielder Willie Mays in Game 1, snaring a long drive by Vic Wertz near the outfield wall with his back to the infield. It is also remembered for utility player Dusty Rhodes' clutch hitting in three of the four games, including his walk-off hit for Monte Irvin that won Game 1, probably the best-known hit to be described as a "Chinese home run", since it barely cleared the 258-foot (79 m) right-field fence at the Polo Grounds. Giants manager Leo Durocher, who had managed teams to three National League championships, won his first and only World Series title in his managerial career. After moving West, the San Francisco Giants would not win a World Series until the 2010 season.

The first game of the 1954 World Series was even more exciting than last nights game.

Before the Giants moved to San Francisco, two World Series plays gave them an incredible long-range momentum that made them champions and gave them uniqueness, making them very attractive due to that '54 World Series win. After three following bad seasons in New York, they moved the ball club West in 1957.

History of the New York Giants (baseball) - Wikipedia

in 1965, when I was four, living in the San Francisco Bay Area, I was fascinated with Willie Mays, and I will always remember the first times I saw Mays make an over-the-head basket catch on the warning track, whirl and throw the ball to the plate, preventing a sure run from scoring from second base.

The Catch (baseball) - Wikipedia

In years to come, I was even able to find these Willie Mays Topps baseball cards, starting at five-years-old, the first year I began to collect baseball cards. They did not distribute many of them, and each year I had to buy several dozen packs to find one.

I don't remember having these three, but I may have traded for one of them.

1954 World Series - Wikipedia

The 1954 World Series matched the National League champion New York Giants against the American League champion Cleveland Indians. The Giants swept the Series in four games to win their first championship since 1933, defeating the heavily favored Indians, who had won an AL-record 111 games in the regular season; it has since been broken by the 1998 New York Yankees (114) and again by the 2001 Seattle Mariners (116, tying the 1906 Chicago Cubs for the most wins ever). The Series is perhaps best-remembered for "The Catch", a sensational running catch made by Giants center fielder Willie Mays in Game 1, snaring a long drive by Vic Wertz near the outfield wall with his back to the infield. It is also remembered for utility player Dusty Rhodes' clutch hitting in three of the four games, including his walk-off hit for Monte Irvin that won Game 1, probably the best-known hit to be described as a "Chinese home run", since it barely cleared the 258-foot (79 m) right-field fence at the Polo Grounds. Giants manager Leo Durocher, who had managed teams to three National League championships, won his first and only World Series title in his managerial career. After moving West, the San Francisco Giants would not win a World Series until the 2010 season.

Those baseball cards made a great noise on the spokes of my bicycle.

The first of several to come. Just like the Red Sox.
Thank the 1994 strike.

Oh shut the fuck up.
Your Cub victory is shallow. Welcome to reality.
Not as shallow as the Indians loss. Maybe they should change their racist name
In addition to Madden, Fowler, Lackey, Lester, Ross and Chapman being bought with unfair big-market money, let's not forget about Zobrist, Heyword, Strop and Arrieta, though I'll give Arrieta since he didn't really pan out for the Orioles.
The Cubs are an MLB-style affirmative action beneficiary.
Indians is only a racist name to racists and neo-nazi fascist lefties.
I just designed a Stanford Indians sweatshirt I'll be wearing for Thanksgiving to honor the indigenous people who communed peacefully with the Pilgrims.

Thank the 1994 strike.

Oh shut the fuck up.
In addition to Madden, Fowler, Lackey, Lester, Ross and Chapman being bought with unfair big-market money, let's not forget about Zobrist, Heyword, Strop and Arrieta, though I'll give Arrieta since he didn't really pan out for the Orioles.
I just designed a Stanford Indians sweatshirt I'll be wearing for Thanksgiving to honor the indigenous people who communed peacefully with the Pilgrims.
Washington stole Max Sherzer from us (Tigers) and I don't like it either. Miami paid for Lebron and now Golden state paid for Kevin Durant. Makes it suck for smaller markets.

Don't hate on the champs though. Maybe your small little ass market shouldn't have a team. LOL.

Thank the 1994 strike.

Oh shut the fuck up.
Washington stole Max Sherzer from us (Tigers) and I don't like it either. Miami paid for Lebron and now Golden state paid for Kevin Durant. Makes it suck for smaller markets.

Don't hate on the champs though. Maybe your small little ass market shouldn't have a team. LOL.
You miss the bigger picture. Not very sporting to have only a handful of teams with a realistic chance. Makes a championship inflated and fake.
The best thing would be to flood the big markets with more franchises. The east corridor used to have seven teams between three cities (Philly, NYC and Boston) when those markets were half the size they are now.

It is about time that Chicago apologize to Steve Bartman for being such a bunch of assholes

Bartman reacts like any fan would and suddenly HE is the reason the stinking Cubs gave up eight runs in the inning. It was only the second out and the Cubs were the ones who blundered a three run lead. But the fans were blaming Bartman and the Cubs let them

Almost as lame as blaming a Billy Goat because you suck for 70 years

If Bartman leaves that ball alone, the Cubs keep their spirit, win that game and go on to sweep the WS for the next ten years.
Just sayin'.

It is about time that Chicago apologize to Steve Bartman for being such a bunch of assholes

Bartman reacts like any fan would and suddenly HE is the reason the stinking Cubs gave up eight runs in the inning. It was only the second out and the Cubs were the ones who blundered a three run lead. But the fans were blaming Bartman and the Cubs let them

If Bartman leaves that ball alone, the Cubs keep their spirit, win that game and go on to sweep the WS for the next ten years.
Just sayin'.
If Bartman leaves that ball alone, there are two out in the eighth inning of game 6

After the Bartman ball..

The batter got on
Next batter got on
next batter got on
Next batter got on
And so on and so on until EIGHT runs scored.....Obviously not the fault of the Cubs

Then they went and lost game 7 which must have been Bartmans fault too

Just sayin'....and I thought the Billy Goat was a lame excuse
If only we had let a smelly goat into the game

Just sayin'.
If Bartman leaves that ball alone, there are two out in the eighth inning of game 6

After the Bartman ball..

The batter got on
Next batter got on
next batter got on
Next batter got on
And so on and so on until EIGHT runs scored.....Obviously not the fault of the Cubs

Time doesn't work like that. Every event is born of the collective of events that preceded it. Change one of the preceding events, and you have an entirely new future--- because everybody's operating in a different paradigm.

That always irks me when somebody goes "if he had just taken that pitch for ball four, the bases are loaded and the next guy's dinger is a grand slam instead of a solo leading off the next inning". Well no, you don't know that, because the pitcher doesn't serve up the same pitch in the different situation, nor does the hitter take the same swing. So no I absolutely don't believe you can change one event and everything else stays the same. You change one event, you've changed everything.

If Alou makes the catch, maybe shortstop Gonzalez, not feeling added pressure, doesn't boot the routine grounder. Inning over. For example. Then the whole momentum is different. And baseball is ALL about emotional momentum.

That always irks me when somebody goes "if he had just taken that pitch for ball four, the bases are loaded and the next guy's dinger is a grand slam instead of a solo leading off the next inning".

That is what the pitcher WANTED him to think. :lol:

Just sayin'.

After the Bartman ball..

The batter got on
Next batter got on
next batter got on
Next batter got on

Time doesn't work like that. Every event is born of the collective of events that preceded it. Change one of the preceding events, and you have an entirely new future--- because everybody's operating in a different paradigm.

That always irks me when somebody goes "if he had just taken that pitch for ball four, the bases are loaded and the next guy's dinger is a grand slam instead of a solo leading off the next inning". Well no, you don't know that, because the pitcher doesn't serve up the same pitch in the different situation, nor does the hitter take the same swing. So no I absolutely don't believe you can change one event and everything else stays the same. You change one event, you've changed everything.

If Alou makes the catch, maybe shortstop Gonzalez, not feeling added pressure, doesn't boot the routine grounder. Inning over. For example. Then the whole momentum is different. And baseball is ALL about emotional momentum.
Yes, you mess up the whole space time continuum
If Marty had not gone back in time, his parents would have met at the enchantment under the sea dance

Point is A LOT of shit had to go wrong for the Cubs to blow that game and game seven. To claim they would have won if Alou made the catch is a cop out
Cubs blew it not Bartman

The whole bill goat thing was blown out of proportion anyway. The goat was mad because his name isn't Billy. It's Gary.

Forum List

Back