cubs won CUBS WON!

Game 7 last night was the first MLB game all season I watched in it's entirety. What a game!!! One of the most exciting baseball games I've ever watched.

The first of several to come. Just like the Red Sox.
Thank the 1994 strike.

Oh shut the fuck up.

It's true. The Cubs spend like the Yankees and Red Sox and now have a front office that knows what they are doing.

The Cubs should dominate their division and baseball for the next decade.

Funny how money makes curses go away.

Speaking of money, did you see all of those loaded Chicago fans in the seats at the Indians stadium? It was like a home game for them. Now contrast that to the lowly folks who live in Ohio who could not afford those tickets

It is about time that Chicago apologize to Steve Bartman for being such a bunch of assholes

Bartman reacts like any fan would and suddenly HE is the reason the stinking Cubs gave up eight runs in the inning. It was only the second out and the Cubs were the ones who blundered a three run lead. But the fans were blaming Bartman and the Cubs let them

Almost as lame as blaming a Billy Goat because you suck for 70 years

Bartman had to enter a witness protection program because Cubs fans are psychotic. Now that they have a good team for years to come, add to that arrogant arses.

Wow! I still can't believe it's over. 108 friggin' years!

Every true Cubs fan felt it when the Indians tied it up. I can't describe what "it" is. You'd have to be a long-time Cubs fan steeped in previous failures and the awful disappointments that've resulted in the past. Was it happening again? Oh, no, not another, "Wait until next year!!!"

But instead these guys came out after the rain delay and got it done for Cubs fans everywhere. Job well done, boys! And thank you so very much.

Life is good, finally.

That is one huge gorilla they got off their back
Amen to that.

I'm still thinking I'm gonna wake up and it's all been a dream, nightmare actually, and game 7 is yet to be played. And of course they'll lose it. That's what being a Cubs fan can do to you.

Even though the team sucked....I always admired Cubs fans
Takes a special breed

Day games, bleacher bums. Take me out to the ballgame and throwing back homerun balls
Special indeed even though some would think we're just plain crazy.

Especially like when a visitor's homerun ball that made it out onto Waveland or Sheffield is tossed back in over the wall. That's a Cubs fan!

Was there on 8/8/88 and then the first complete game on the 9th. It sort of bugged me at first, but been to countless night games since and like them, but there's still nothing like a day game in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field.

I never thought I would see the Cubs win in my lifetime.....not because they do not allow Billy Goats to attend games, but because they have been an historically bad organization

Theo Epstein is a Baseball God........Architect behind both the Red Sox and Cubs ending their "curse"
Gyros will be served at the Cubs victory dinner.

I'm still thinking I'm gonna wake up and it's all been a dream, nightmare actually, and game 7 is yet to be played. And of course they'll lose it. That's what being a Cubs fan can do to you.
It must be tough on Cubs fans to finally have a winner, but just keep this in mind; there's always next year!

Speaking of money, did you see all of those loaded Chicago fans in the seats at the Indians stadium? It was like a home game for them. Now contrast that to the lowly folks who live in Ohio who could not afford those tickets
Trump is going to put those unemployed Indians fans to work. Count on it! LOL

Yup this is a great day indeed...it makes every cubbies fan alive today know this..no matter what happens nothing will compare to what happened last night.

Spooky! In 1993, a high school kid predicted the Cubs would win in 2016! I hope he placed a bet back then.

1993-yearbook-cubs-win-world-series-prediction.sized-770x415xb.jpg

High School Senior Predicts Chicago Cubs Will Win the 2016 World Series—in 1993!

Yup this is a great day indeed...it makes every cubbies fan alive today know this..no matter what happens nothing will compare to what happened last night.

Sports game wins are like medals for heroism which get millions to do crazy things in combat that you normally couldnt possibly pay them to do.

Without giving anyone a damned thing of actual real world value the sports club owners have managed to make millions of Chicagoans forget about 600 murders committed this year, that their city is run by a corrupt criminal enterprise known as the Democratic Party, or that ....oh, never mind.

Back in 2004, the hubby and I took a 7 day cruise out of Boston, to Bermuda during the world series...and the cruise ship told us they could not get game 4 on the tv's for all of us fans...MUTINY almost took place, the captain was going to be strung from a rope....(this was a cruise out of Boston for goodness sake!) near every passenger was complaining, and not nicely! :eek:

Anyway, the Captain, ended up finding a bar on the complete other side of the Island that had an outdoor movie screen, the size of a drive in theaters that had satellite and could get game 4, so the ship left the port and went to the other side of the island, got tenders to bring us ashore, and drew maps of how we could get to this bar....the bar was packed for 200 ft out in to the yard, standing room only, for sardines..

that first run in, we were all going nuts, and through the rest of the night....this bar has never in it's life sold as much beer as they did and they had to go all over the island to other bars to buy their beer stock so they could have more....the bar owner sold more beer than the entire previous year is what he said.... :D

Honestly, it was one of the greatest nights I've ever had...the excitement of the game, the beer, the people around me,

the Lunar eclipse that happened during the game and being outside watching the game we all got to see it....which was in the sky right behind and above the movie screen...

And WINNING!!!! My husband first hugged and kissed me, and then hugged the 80 year old man next to him and the 7 year old boy next to me jumped in my arms and kissed me!!! hahahaha....

It was pure madness from the excitement!!!!

I just can imagine how the Cubbie fans felt last night! that beat everything!

Back in 2004, the hubby and I took a 7 day cruise out of Boston, to Bermuda during the world series...and the cruise ship told us they could not get game 4 on the tv's for all of us fans...MUTINY almost took place, the captain was going to be strung from a rope....(this was a cruise out of Boston for goodness sake!) near every passenger was complaining, and not nicely! :eek:

Anyway, the Captain, ended up finding a bar on the complete other side of the Island that had an outdoor movie screen, the size of a drive in theaters that had satellite and could get game 4, so the ship left the port and went to the other side of the island, got tenders to bring us ashore, and drew maps of how we could get to this bar....the bar was packed for 200 ft out in to the yard, standing room only, for sardines..

that first run in, we were all going nuts, and through the rest of the night....this bar has never in it's life sold as much beer as they did and they had to go all over the island to other bars to buy their beer stock so they could have more....the bar owner sold more beer than the entire previous year is what he said.... :D

Honestly, it was one of the greatest nights I've ever had...the excitement of the game, the beer, the people around me,

the Lunar eclipse that happened during the game and being outside watching the game we all got to see it....which was in the sky right behind and above the movie screen...

And WINNING!!!! My husband first hugged and kissed me, and then hugged the 80 year old man next to him and the 7 year old boy next to me jumped in my arms and kissed me!!! hahahaha....

My money says the Captain was getting a kickback from the bar

Honest folks, we can't get the World Series on our satellite but there is this bar I can get you to.....

My money says the Captain was getting a kickback from the bar

Honest folks, we can't get the World Series on our satellite but there is this bar I can get you to.....
Oh, for certain! but who cares? We got to see the game! The bar owner got rich, the captain probably got richer, and all the bars around the bar with the projection screen, that the bar owner had to go to to buy their beer stock, got richer too!

It was a WIN WIN WIN for everyone!

Forum List

Back