CU v. FEC & the NRA

Wry, reporting from East VA, USA
10/13/2012

TV ad by the NRA. "Stop Obama" "Protect your Second Amendment Rights"

"Vote for Romney/Ryan to protect your gun rights"

What crap. Not one gun law has been offered by the D's or Obama in over three years.
All the NRA and far right have is hate and fear.

That is all.

Yep, they have used regualtions and are being fought in court.

How do you square putting reporting requirements on gun shops in only 5 boarder states with the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment?

10/13/2012

What crap. Not one gun law has been offered by the D's or Obama in over three years.

That is all.

Do you complain about the misleading ads coming from your side of the political divide?

Of course not, so shut the fuck up.

No!

10/14/12
Jamestown, VA & Yorktown, VA

Last day in VA, yesterday we visited Jamestown and today Yorktown. Great weather & the colors are only beginning to change. We had Southern BBQ last nite in a roadhouse ("wild hog smokehouse") which we highly recommend. Tomorrow, by train to Boston, where we will see more color and more historical sites and maybe a two-pound lobster.

Driving around Williamsburg lots of Romney signs in the wealthy areas, lots of Obama signs in the middle class/working class neighborhoods.

No smoking in restaurants! A very pleasant suprise - last time we visited VA the smoke in the restaurants was enough to chase us to McDonalds.

Unlike Florida (Tampa area) we've not seen a one Confederate Flag (The Union Jack is all over Colonial Williamsburg). Also we highly recommend Colonial Williamsburg, ate at the King's Arm Tarvern where the real rebels met in 1776, and watched 18th century craftsmen and women working their trade using only tools from that era - fascinating.

Tomorrow Boston.

Wry

But dem Hispexican drug gangs got `em...
:eek:
Obama calls for reintroducing assault-weapons ban
October 17, 2012 — President Barack Obama is calling for reintroducing legislation to ban assault weapons.
In discussing the issue at the presidential debate Tuesday night, Obama said weapons that were designed for soldiers at war don't belong on the street.

After the mass shooting in Colorado last summer, Obama aides said that the president supports the ban that expired in 2004. But Obama had not called for reinstating it until the debate.

Republican candidate Mitt Romney repeated his opposition to banning assault weapons. He had supported a ban as governor of Massachusetts.

Romney says he's not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns.

Source

10/13/2012

That is all.

Just because they haven't yet doesn't mean they aren't going to.

/THREAD

Well, no, not really.

Frankly, this is just more Rube bait.

If you tell most people, "I'm either going to take your gun or your ability to make a good living and provide for your family", most sensible people would give up their gun.

The GOP gets dumb rubes like you to get all upset about guns while the middle class lifestyle your parents enjoyed is being quietly shipped to China.

Most sensible people would resist any government powerful enough to give them that choice. Apparently, you are not in that group.

You are also unaware of the efforts of the UN to restrict gun rights, and this administrations apparent support of that effort.

Most sensible people would resist any government powerful enough to give them that choice. Apparently, you are not in that group.

You are also unaware of the efforts of the UN to restrict gun rights, and this administrations apparent support of that effort.

No, guy, whenever I talk to someone who starts talking about how the UN is out to get them, I know I'm dealing with someone like this.

ali2.jpg

Let me be blunt...

You don't need a fucking gun, and frankly, I'm a lot more worried about hateful assholes with guns than professionals in the government.

No, guy, whenever I talk to someone who starts talking about how the UN is out to get them, I know I'm dealing with someone like this.

ali2.jpg

Let me be blunt...

You don't need a fucking gun, and frankly, I'm a lot more worried about hateful assholes with guns than professionals in the government.

and who the hell are you to decide if I need a gun or not? And who the hell is the government to decide I need a gun or not?

Do you realize the statistical odds of a non criminal background person being killed by a gun used by another person? You risk your life far more pulling out of a driveway every day and going to work.

and who the hell are you to decide if I need a gun or not? And who the hell is the government to decide I need a gun or not?

Do you realize the statistical odds of a non criminal background person being killed by a gun used by another person? You risk your life far more pulling out of a driveway every day and going to work.

Don't care...

Fact is, you don't NEED a gun.

You WANT a gun.

Which is fine, but you only get them if you do so on terms the rest of us agree to.

10/13/2012

That is all.

Only because their Fast and Furious anti gun campaign failed did they not enact new Laws. Had Brian Terry not gotten murdered, and Holder protected by Obama's Executive privilege I suspect your statement would far from the truth.

Don't care...

You WANT a gun.

Which is fine, but you only get them if you do so on terms the rest of us agree to.

You dont NEED to have free speech, you want to. You dont NEED to be secure from unessasary searches, you WANT to. You dont NEED to be tried by a jury, you WANT to.

And the terms have been set by the 2nd amendment. Again, try to change it if you want.

10/13/2012

That is all.

Only because their Fast and Furious anti gun campaign failed did they not enact new Laws. Had Brian Terry not gotten murdered, and Holder protected by Obama's Executive privilege I suspect your statement would far from the truth.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Don't care...

You WANT a gun.

Sorry if you have disdain for other people's Freedoms because of your ideology... You're welcome not to exercise your Freedoms, but you don't have the Right to tell others they cannot exercise their Freedoms, or how they can go about doing it.

10/13/2012

That is all.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

I thought that was you in the middle of that photo... After reading your posts, you must be one of the other two.

Sorry if you have disdain for other people's Freedoms because of your ideology... You're welcome not to exercise your Freedoms, but you don't have the Right to tell others they cannot exercise their Freedoms, or how they can go about doing it.

Um, yeah, actually, I do.

If you had a big groundswell to ban guns in this country, we'd have it. That's why the NRA has to spend so much money fighting for this minority position.

Most AMericans really don't want their neighbors to have small aresenals...

If you had a big groundswell to ban guns in this country, we'd have it. That's why the NRA has to spend so much money fighting for this minority position.

If there was a big groundswell a consitutional amendment would be possible, and then the progressives would have thier "paradise" where only criminals and the state would be armed.

ali2.jpg

Let me be blunt...

Because there are no hateful assholes who are government professionals.

Don't care...

You WANT a gun.

How do you know he doesn't need a gun? Do you know where he lives, or what he does for a living?

Since you, quite obviously, do not need to vote, can the rest of us restrict your access to voting on our terms?

Last edited:

Minority position?

26% of Americans support a ban on handguns, how does supporting the right to handguns put the NRA in the minority position?

10/13/2012

That is all.

Just because they haven't yet doesn't mean they aren't going to.

/THREAD

Thats it! Keep the fear alive.

Yep, just like that global warming crap. It worked for you for a long time so the repubs are just using your playbook.

Forum List

Back