Cruz defends role in electoral vote objections: Had ‘nothing to do’ with Capitol riots

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For all those who might disagree with Cruz, there is no politician in North America, save for probably Cruz; who I would feel unable to at least keep par with in a debate. I don't even agree with his politics, though he's come around more in my eyes as a Constitutionalist than a far-right conservative. If there is any distinction there.

I also think he pissed off many in government with his push for two term limits in the Senate.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday defended his decision to challenge the Electoral College certification process, pushing back against some of his colleagues who have accused him of inciting Wednesday's deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol by casting doubt on the 2020 election.

"What I was doing is debating on the floor of the Senate election integrity," Cruz said during an interview with KXAS-TV, an NBC affiliate in Fort Worth, Texas. "That has nothing to do with this criminal terrorist assault, which was wrong and needs to be prosecuted. It's exactly the opposite. What I was doing is how you're supposed to resolve issues in this country."

Cruz's comments came one day after a rally intended to support President Trump descended into a mob that stormed the Capitol during the certification of the Electoral College vote, forcing lawmakers, staff and reporters to shelter in place in both the House and Senate. One woman was shot and later died, and three other individuals died from "medical emergencies."

A Capitol Police officer also died Thursday night after sustaining injuries during the riots

Last edited:
He wasn't debating "election integrity". He was side by side with Trump pushing election conspiracy theories which is what incited the people to do what they did.

What I was doing is debating on the floor of the Senate election integrity," Cruz said during an interview with KXAS-TV, an NBC affiliate in Fort Worth, Texas. "That has nothing to do with this criminal terrorist assault, which was wrong and needs to be prosecuted. It's exactly the opposite. What I was doing is how you're supposed to resolve issues in this country."

What Cruz was doing was open the door for the attack.

His “investigation” gave rioters hope that their violent actions would influence Congressmen. What Trump told the Trump mob was that certain Congressmen and Vice President Pence were their enemies.

"What I was doing is debating on the floor of the Senate election integrity," Cruz said during an interview with KXAS-TV, an NBC affiliate in Fort Worth, Texas. "That has nothing to do with this criminal terrorist assault, which was wrong and needs to be prosecuted. It's exactly the opposite. What I was doing is how you're supposed to resolve issues in this country."

I don't disagree entirely with Teddy that he is not responsible for the attack on the capitol. But his complaint about the election was baseless. The foundation of his argument was that lots of people felt a certain way.

Problem is that we have to work on facts, not feelings.

I don't disagree entirely with Teddy that he is not responsible for the attack on the capitol. But his complaint about the election was baseless. The foundation of his argument was that lots of people felt a certain way.

Problem is that we have to work on facts, not feelings.

Cruz knew his baseless claims would encourage the attackers. He is responsible.

Cruz is a cuck. It was a free and fair election. 65 lower court lawsuits, 2 SC lawsuits dismissed. No evidence of fraud. Yet good little Teddy Cuck...erm...Cruz, gets up on the Senate floor and asks for a 10 day delay in certification for an emergency panel to study evidence of voter fraud that everybody in their mother's uncle besides alt-right media is saying DIDN'T HAPPEN!! Go fuck yourself Ted. You are just as responsible as the d-bag who stood up in front of that crowd and whipped them up into a frenzy. Congratulations on killing your chances to run for President.

What Cruz was doing was open the door for the attack.

His “investigation” gave rioters hope that their violent actions would influence Congressmen. What Trump told the Trump mob was that certain Congressmen and Vice President Pence were their enemies.
That's just idiotic. No one except you believes that a genuine Constitutional procedure that's been used
before was a justification to a minority mob to break into the capitol.
Nice try, jerk off!

Cruz is a cuck. It was a free and fair election. 65 lower court lawsuits, 2 SC lawsuits dismissed. No evidence of fraud. Yet good little Teddy Cuck...erm...Cruz, gets up on the Senate floor and asks for a 10 day delay in certification for an emergency panel to study evidence of voter fraud that everybody in their mother's uncle besides alt-right media is saying DIDN'T HAPPEN!! Go fuck yourself Ted. You are just as responsible as the d-bag who stood up in front of that crowd and whipped them up into a frenzy. Congratulations on killing your chances to run for President.
Too asinine to waste any real effort over.

For all those who might disagree with Cruz, there is no politician in North America, save for probably Cruz; who I would feel unable to at least keep par with in a debate. I don't even agree with his politics, though he's come around more in my eyes as a Constitutionalist than a far-right conservative. If there is any distinction there.

I also think he pissed off many in government with his push for two term limits in the Senate.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday defended his decision to challenge the Electoral College certification process, pushing back against some of his colleagues who have accused him of inciting Wednesday's deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol by casting doubt on the 2020 election.

Cruz's comments came one day after a rally intended to support President Trump descended into a mob that stormed the Capitol during the certification of the Electoral College vote, forcing lawmakers, staff and reporters to shelter in place in both the House and Senate. One woman was shot and later died, and three other individuals died from "medical emergencies."

A Capitol Police officer also died Thursday night after sustaining injuries during the riots
very few people know constitutional law better than cruz. i didn't like him at first but the more i got to know him to more i respect him.

very few people know constitutional law better than cruz. i didn't like him at first but the more i got to know him to more i respect him.
I voted for him in the '16 republican primaries. A very bright man who took a principled stance when
the election was stolen away by leftist rats.
He stepped forward, rather than running away, like other so called conservatives.

I voted for him in the '16 republican primaries. A very bright man who took a principled stance when
He stepped forward, rather than running away, like other so called conservatives.
he's facing the problem, not the hype.

i love that.

That's just idiotic. No one except you believes that a genuine Constitutional procedure that's been used
before was a justification to a minority mob to break into the capitol.

Agreed. He wanted an emergency commission to deal with the duplicate slates of electors, as in Rutherford-Hayes in....1870, I think.

He was speaking to just this point when CNN cut away from him, with a report of running on the House floor, where nobody ever runs.

Cruz changes his spots -- remember how he wouldn't endorse Trump even after they gave him a slot at the 2016 GOP Convention? A lot of people were pretty shocked at that. Now he's Trump's best friend --- well, he WAS, till CNN cut away from his speech on Wednesday. Now, I'm not so sure.

Well, he sure wants Trump's base, that's for sure.

Doesn't matter what he knows about constitutional law if he is willing to sell out to hoaxes like election fraud.

Cruz is smart enough to know that what he's saying isn't true, but he's doing it to accumulate political favor with the Trump.

Trump beat him in the primary dumb ass. Leftists didn't have a vote in that.

Fuck Ted Cruz. That is all.

There is no law in existence that gives Congress the power to overturn a election. Cruz and others like Hawley acted like they had the power to poverturn the results when they did not. Cruz is responsible and he had the gall to continue with this farce after the assault on our capital. I voted for Ted Cruz in the 2016 presidential primary and that is the biggest mistake of the 3 I have made in judging political candidates.

If Cruz was to win the Republican Presidential nomination in 2024, it would be worthless. The Democrats would use the same coalition of states to defeat him.

It cracked me up when former Senator Franken said, "I like Ted Cruz better than anyone in the Senate, and I HATE Ted Cruz." Classic.

Lindsey Graham said, "If someone murdered Ted Cruz on the Senate floor and the Senators all saw it, and they were the jury, the killer could not be convicted." Now, that's pretty bad. He's gotta be a really horrible person.,

So should the trials regarding the drug addict have been cancelled after BLM riots and city burnings?

Preposterous.

Left wing communist fucks are just using this as an excuse for a quick power grab. Its what they do. They are lying disingenuous treasonous fucks who should be expelled from Congress. Schiff should be in prison.

Forum List

Back