• Cruz

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Just Stick Needles In My Eyes

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I know neither Trump nor Cruz are the first choice of many of us. I have been rooting for Kasich since before he announced.

But we have to face reality now. It's gonna be Trump or Cruz. So which would you prefer? Chlamydia or crabs?

I'll start.

If Trump gets the nomination, I am going to leave the top of my ballot blank.

If Cruz gets the nomination, I just might vote for him. Maybe. I can't stand the guy, but Donald Trump has managed to make even Ted Cruz look good.

I hate Cruz for a lot of reasons, but I like him for one reason, and that one reason may be big enough to override my revulsion of him.

Cruz has a tax plan which eliminates almost every tax expenditure. And you guys know how I feel about tax expenditures, unless you joined this forum five minutes ago. I hate 'em. HATE them. HAAAAAATE them.

Cruz would kill most of them, thus leveling the tax playing field and eliminating one of the grossest corruptions of our economy and our American Politboro.

Cruz is lying when he says he would abolish the IRS, of course. If you have an income tax, which Cruz's flat tax is, you have to have an IRS. Call it by any other name, it's still the IRS.

Cruz is also an idiot if he thinks the low, low, low rate of 10 percent won't drastically increase our federal debt. That is my chief problem with his tax plan. You can considerably lower everyone's tax rates if you eliminate tax expenditures, but not all the way down to 10 percent.

Maybe Cruz is using the 10 percent figure as a negotiating starting point, knowing the final compromise will be a higher rate. I don't know.

So there you go. If Cruz wins the nomination, I may hold my nose and vote for him. If Trump wins the nomination, I will use a Sharpie to black out the top of my ballot.

I know neither Trump nor Cruz are the first choice of many of us. I have been rooting for Kasich since before he announced.

But we have to face reality now. It's gonna be Trump or Cruz. So which would you prefer? Chlamydia or crabs?

I'll start.

If Cruz gets the nomination, I just might vote for him. Maybe. I can't stand the guy, but Donald Trump has managed to make even Ted Cruz look good.

I hate Cruz for a lot of reasons, but I like him for one reason, and that one reason may be big enough to override my revulsion of him.

Cruz has a tax plan which eliminates almost every tax expenditure. And you guys know how I feel about tax expenditures, unless you joined this forum five minutes ago. I hate 'em. HATE them. HAAAAAATE them.

Cruz would kill most of them, thus leveling the tax playing field and eliminating one of the grossest corruptions of our economy and our American Politboro.

Cruz is lying when he says he would abolish the IRS, of course. If you have an income tax, which Cruz's flat tax is, you have to have an IRS. Call it by any other name, it's still the IRS.

Cruz is also an idiot if he thinks the low, low, low rate of 10 percent won't drastically increase our federal debt. That is my chief problem with his tax plan. You can considerably lower everyone's tax rates if you eliminate tax expenditures, but not all the way down to 10 percent.

Maybe Cruz is using the 10 percent figure as a negotiating starting point, knowing the final compromise will be a higher rate. I don't know.

So there you go. If Cruz wins the nomination, I may hold my nose and vote for him. If Trump wins the nomination, I will use a sharpie to black out the top of my ballot.
I would pick the corporatist limp wrist Kasich over the sleazy Cruz. But I still wouldn't vote for him.
My top 3 is trump Bernie and Johnson.
Trump is a childish goon but I think his massive ego could drive him to do good. Plus, I agree with him on trade and I like the concept of his healthcare plan.
Trade and pro-American are my driving forces this election.

The problem with voting for Trump is no one really knows what he's going to do should he get in to office. He has stated his stance on both sides of almost every issue at some point. So which stance will Trump take once in office? No one can say for sure. At least with Cruz we more or less know what we're going to get....agree with it or not, we at least have an idea.

With all of that said, assuming Clinton wins the dem nomination over Bernie, I'll hold my nose and vote for her over Cruz/Trump simply because I'd rather have her pick SC Justices over Cruz.

Why can't you stand Trump? Can you give specific reasons? Wanna bet 1,000$ you're of Jewish background? Is that your reason? That he won't be a crony for you?

I'll start.

So there you go. If Cruz wins the nomination, I may hold my nose and vote for him. If Trump wins the nomination, I will use a Sharpie to black out the top of my ballot.

Yo,
765f0c361b8d2f77d0f947f01515132c.jpg

"GTP"

I'll start.

Yo, a much smaller force in the IRS!!! Eliminating the abuse!!!

"GTP"

The problem with voting for Trump is no one really knows what he's going to do should he get in to office.
This. Trump is too unstable. On some days, I think he's going to march us all to another Holocaust. On other days, I'm positive he will betray every single conservative cause. Abortion, gun control, taxes, health care reform, everything.

But never do I think he will do any good of any kind.

Plus, I agree with him on trade and I like the concept of his healthcare plan.

Trump on trade means a tariff war and a currency war. Neither of which ever have a happy ending.

Trump on healthcare is ultimately single payer government healthcare.

I'll start.

Yo, a much smaller force in the IRS!!! Eliminating the abuse!!!

"GTP"
Yes, any tax with no tax expenditures would require a much, much smaller IRS. It isn't the nature of a flat tax which reduces the size of the IRS. It's the elimination of tax expenditures which does. That's the part these con artists don't tell you. We could keep the exact same tax brackets we have now and be able to fill out our taxes on a postcard if we eliminated tax expenditures.

Cruz will never tell you that. So that is a lie of omission on his part. A half truth intended to convey the impression a flat tax is what makes a postcard tax return possible.

Any tax requires an IRS of some kind. Cruz won't tell you that, either. He tells you he will be able to abolish the IRS, and that is a total lie.

Last edited:
The problem with voting for Trump is no one really knows what he's going to do should he get in to office. He has stated his stance on both sides of almost every issue at some point. So which stance will Trump take once in office? No one can say for sure. At least with Cruz we more or less know what we're going to get....agree with it or not, we at least have an idea.

With all of that said, assuming Clinton wins the dem nomination over Bernie, I'll hold my nose and vote for her over Cruz/Trump simply because I'd rather have her pick SC Justices over Cruz.

I would never vote for the hildabitch for the same reason, she would use the court to destroy the country. We need more judges that are faithful to the Constitution and law, not ideology.

Trump on trade means a tariff war and a currency war. Neither of which ever have a happy ending.

Im not worried about it. SOMETHING has to be done. I think that something drastic is inevitable.
His healthcare plan seemed to open up markets, not socialized takeover.
I did find that weird, though. Because he stated numerous times he wanted SPH but his plan looked nothing like it.

The funny thing is, the GOP members of Congress hate Trump and Cruz both.

Neither one of them will make any headway with Congress to achieve a single one of their goals. Congress would be just as deadlocked as it has been under Obama.

No matter who wins. Trump, Cruz, or Clinton.

Im not worried about it. SOMETHING has to be done. I think that something drastic is inevitable.

This is the Politician's Syllogism I mentioned in my recent topic Common Logical Fallacies in Political Arguments.

1. We must do something.
2. This is something.
3. Therefore, we must do this.

This makes the false assumption the "solution" is better than the problem. For example, let's say brain surgeons have a 3 percent malpractice rate. Then a circus clown comes along and says, "Brain surgeons are causing too many serious injuries. It's a disaster. Something needs to be done about this. Therefore, I should take over brain surgery."

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Trump long ago wrote that he favored single payer healthcare. His recent statements about healthcare reform are so obviously of recent manufacture, and fed to him by an advisor, and he parroted his instructions very badly. I can't believe anyone has been taken in by it.

He's a UHC guy. Always has been, and he will go that route if elected.

This is the Politician's Syllogism I mentioned in my recent topic Common Logical Fallacies in Political Arguments.

1. We must do something.
2. This is something.

This makes the false assumption the "solution" is better than the problem. For example, let's say brain surgeons have a 3 percent malpractice rate. Then a circus clown comes along and says, "Brain surgeons are causing too many serious injuries. It's a disaster. Something needs to be done about this. Therefore, I should take over brain surgery."

Trump long ago wrote that he favored single payer healthcare. His recent statements about healthcare reform are so obviously of recent manufacture, and fed to him by an advisor, and he parroted his instructions very badly. I can't believe anyone has been taken in by it.

Ok, so our trade deficit, job loss etc are better than getting back on top? (presumably of course)
I know what he has said. But his plan is a different story. I would be ok with single payer, though. It would be better than this bullshit we have now.

I was leaning Rubio - Cruz or perhaps Cruz -Rubio - but then Chicago happened. I'm squarely in the Trump corner now.

Trump fucking destroyed any ounce of chance Cruz had last night...270 delegate lead with most of the northeast making up the majority equals not a chance in hell Cruz gets the 75% of the remaining delegates...After next week that number moves to 80-82%.

1. We must do something.
2. This is something.

The beautiful thing about "politics" and "politicians" is the constant sheep-game that they play (in order to keep their togas). The best bet these days? Well, for the last 7 years - they did nothing. Then they lost the Congress. Now, for the last 1 year - they have done nothing. Then - in order to placate the "masses" they blame each other.

Now - the guys in the Togas are telling US - the citizens of the country that we are WRONG for supporting Trump. And they wonder why we don't believe them.

Hillary (the murderer) tells anyone who will listen, that she wants to "continue" the last 8 years.

Yet the left believes her. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED IN THE LAST 8 YEARS!?!?!? Nothing. Jesus Christ.

Nothing from nothing means nothing - wasn't that the song in the 60s?

Yes, any tax with no tax expenditures would require a much, much smaller IRS. It isn't the nature of a flat tax which reduces the size of the IRS. It's the elimination of tax expenditures which does. That's the part these con artists don't tell you. We could keep the exact same tax brackets we have now and be able to fill out our taxes on a postcard if we eliminated tax expenditures.

I think the term you're wanting to use is "deductions", not "expenditures".

I think the term you're wanting to use is "deductions", not "expenditures".
Nope. Tax expenditure is the correct term. It covers all spending through the tax code by way of deductions, exemptions, and credits.

Tax expenditure

Forum List

Back