Crazy Weather

'Tis the season, so stop shouting at that mirror and try laughing at yourself for a change.

Yeah, no one else has denied it either. So anyone asserting "climate change has been going on forever" is:
  1. Posing a strawman argument. A lie in other words. Pretending their perceived opponent had idiotically said otherwise when they clearly had not.
  2. Mean spiritedly lending their perceived interlocutors zero benefit of the doubt.
  3. Engaging in purely political, distracting, turd tossing rather than contributing to any serious discussion.

We are not in any warming cycle. We are warming the planet by continuing to burn fossil fuels and obviously so. How best to preserve our species remains just as obvious.
So, I agree with you, what is the solution?

Didn’t think you had solution, you just like to bitch.
No, like I said, it's obvious or should be.
We are not in any warming cycle. We are warming the planet by continuing to burn fossil fuels and obviously so. How best to preserve our species remains just as obvious.
And you said
So, I agree with you,
So, squirm now all you like, but I just didn't wish to insult your intelligence by overstating the "obvious."

No, like I said, it's obvious or should be.

And you said

So, squirm now all you like, but I just didn't wish to insult your intelligence by overstating the "obvious."
I have no solutions, I have minimized my carbon footprint as much as I can. I recycle, sold our 3200 sqft home just bought an electric car but I do have a 4x4 because in the winter you can’t get around well without one. My wife and I bought a trailer and will soon by a motorhome to retire and move south, that will eliminate my 4x4. Those are my ideas, you have anymore I can do? Go ahead give me ideas. Earlier in this thread I said we need to eliminate pollution and reduce our CO2 output. Those are my ideas and all you come up with is smart ass answers back to me. It is obvious you are just trolling and have nothing. Thanks for not wanting to discuss the subject like an adult.

And it started way further back than 20 years.
Okay, so having finally responded affirmatively to my questions:
So it must be at least 20 years old, correct?
Still at least 20 years old, correct?
And, given that I already stated:
From 150,022 to 22 years ago
..which is clearly starting "way further back than 20 years" -- what more were you trying to say here?

I have no solutions,
Didn’t think you had solution, you just like to bitch.
You are clearly your own foil. That said,
I have minimized my carbon footprint as much as I can.
Great! Me too. Keep it up and encourage everyone to do the same. I find that to be the "obvious" solution. Each us doing the best we can with what we've got to help clean up our mess and develop better, more sustainable habits.

You are clearly your own foil. That said,

Great! Me too. Keep it up and encourage everyone to do the same. I find that to be the "obvious" solution. Each us doing the best we can with what we've got to help clean up our mess and develop better, more sustainable habits.
So you ripped me for agreeing with you, you are not very bright. Lol! Thanks for the laughs.

Last edited:
View attachment 579639

Here we have global temperatures by year. We see increased world temperatures of 0.4 degrees. The 100,000 year chart shows temperatures 2 degrees higher than they are right now. Doesn't matter the year, yes, we're warming, but we're no where near as warm as we were the last time we had a spike in temperatures.
Are you truly that stupid? By that graph, the low, in 1860, was -0.6, the high, for 2016, was about 0.88. That is a spread of about 1.4 degrees, not 0.4 degrees.

And has that never happened in this 100,000 year cycle before?

Or it just hasn't happened in your life time?

Look at the charts. View attachment 579623

This is the present rise and the previous rise. If we look, it actually happened FASTER and it was HOTTER too.

Abstract​

Climate change is a critical factor affecting biodiversity. However, the quantitative relationship between temperature change and extinction is unclear. Here, we analyze magnitudes and rates of temperature change and extinction rates of marine fossils through the past 450 million years (Myr). The results show that both the rate and magnitude of temperature change are significantly positively correlated with the extinction rate of marine animals. Major mass extinctions in the Phanerozoic can be linked to thresholds in climate change (warming or cooling) that equate to magnitudes >5.2 °C and rates >10 °C/Myr. The significant relationship between temperature change and extinction still exists when we exclude the five largest mass extinctions of the Phanerozoic. Our findings predict that a temperature increase of 5.2 °C above the pre-industrial level at present rates of increase would likely result in mass extinction comparable to that of the major Phanerozoic events, even without other, non-climatic anthropogenic impacts.

It is entirely possible that we could reach that much warming by 2150.

Abstract​

Climate change is a critical factor affecting biodiversity. However, the quantitative relationship between temperature change and extinction is unclear. Here, we analyze magnitudes and rates of temperature change and extinction rates of marine fossils through the past 450 million years (Myr). The results show that both the rate and magnitude of temperature change are significantly positively correlated with the extinction rate of marine animals. Major mass extinctions in the Phanerozoic can be linked to thresholds in climate change (warming or cooling) that equate to magnitudes >5.2 °C and rates >10 °C/Myr. The significant relationship between temperature change and extinction still exists when we exclude the five largest mass extinctions of the Phanerozoic. Our findings predict that a temperature increase of 5.2 °C above the pre-industrial level at present rates of increase would likely result in mass extinction comparable to that of the major Phanerozoic events, even without other, non-climatic anthropogenic impacts.

It is entirely possible that we could reach that much warming by 2150.
Lol

Forum List

Back