Crazy Weather

60 degrees on Christmas Eve in Omaha, no chance of snow. My lawn and some ferns and my pachysandra are still green. And some people still think climate change isn't happening. Right !

Climate change has always been happening, it's a natural thing.

We're currently in a 100,000 year cycle where it gets warm for so many thousands of years with a peak that is HOT and then goes into a cold period for even longer.

60 degrees on Christmas Eve in Omaha, no chance of snow. My lawn and some ferns and my pachysandra are still green. And some people still think climate change isn't happening. Right !

Weather isn't climate ... as we are reminded every time it's unseasonably chilly.

Lake-Michigan-frozen-8.jpg

Climate change has always been happening, it's a natural thing.

We're currently in a 100,000 year cycle where it gets warm for so many thousands of years with a peak that is HOT and then goes into a cold period for even longer.
This is Way beyond normal.

Weather isn't climate ... as we are reminded every time it's unseasonably chilly.

View attachment 579606
The whole climate is changing. On PBS the other day they acknowledge the fact that I spoke of years ago that tornado Alley has moved Eastward the extra energy that is trapped in the atmosphere because of man's doings on this planet have allowed for that to happen.

Is it?

What is "normal"?

We're in a 100,000 year cycle. The average human lives 75 years. How the hell do we know what "normal" is?
In geological time that cycle happened over 10's or 100's of thousands of years. We are seeing changes accelerated into hundreds of years.

In geological time that cycle happened over 10's or 100's of thousands of years. We are seeing changes accelerated into hundreds of years.

And has that never happened in this 100,000 year cycle before?

Or it just hasn't happened in your life time?

Look at the charts.
1640424051619.png

This is the present rise and the previous rise. If we look, it actually happened FASTER and it was HOTTER too.

Look at the charts. View attachment 579623

This is the present rise and the previous rise. If we look, it actually happened FASTER and it was HOTTER too.
That chart is over 20 years old. The rates have skyrocketed since then, almost exponentially.

Look at the charts. View attachment 579623

That would be nice if it were true. I understand that time period. Large parts of the earth were deserts. That desertification process is Continuing to expand at this very time. Do we really want deaf zones all over the planet.

That would be nice if it were true. I understand that time period. Large parts of the earth were deserts. That desertification process is Continuing to expand at this very time. Do we really want deaf zones all over the planet.

Well, do we have a choice? We don't get to dictate what the Earth gets up to.

Where I am the record high on this date was 1982. The record low was in 1924. But tomorrow, the record high still in 1982 (I remember that warm stretch), but the record COLD was the next year, 1983.

Weather is weather. In most parts of the continental US it's quite changeable.

Forum List

Back