Cow farts = global warming

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
What The Global Warming Zealots Aren't Hyping: Forced Vegetarianism
Feb 6 2007

There’s been a lot of talk in the media about the recent report on global warming issued by the United Nations. Much has been made of the fact that the report blames human activity for global warming, something that many in the global warming are
a) using as vindication for their beliefs and
b) using as justification for laws and regulations that would have vast amounts of impact on our day-to-day lives.

But what’s sort of absurd about all this mania is that, according also to the UN, there is something much more harmful to the earth’s atmosphere than all the SUV’s and coal power plants man as built put together.

What is it? Cow farts.

According to the UN:
...their [cows] wind and manure emit more than one third of emissions of another, methane, which warms the world 20 times faster than carbon dioxide.

Livestock also produces more than 100 other polluting gases, including more than two-thirds of the world's emissions of ammonia, one of the main causes of acid rain.

What’s interesting, considering the above data, is that even if tomorrow we were able to convert entire world over to electric automobiles and wind-generated electricity the worst polluter in the world who, again according to the UN, does more damage to the environment than any other source would still be the cow and it’s farts, poop and urine.

So unless we all swear off meat tomorrow (because I’m assuming that animals like pigs give off methane gas too) it won’t matter if what we do about this country’s output of greenhouse gases. The cows and pigs will still be farting. Heck, we’ll still be burping and farting.

I’d like to hear some global warming nut explain how we’re going to stop that.

http://www.kxmb.com/getARticle.asp?ArticleId=92745

Meet Daisy the cow – global climate’s enemy number one.

When I started to investigate the impact of food on the environment a month ago I thought I would find myself fretting over food miles. In fact transport is a tiny component of agriculture’s worldwide contribution to greenhouse gas emissions.

No, the main culprit is out there in the fields, chewing her cud. It turns out that livestock – predominantly cattle – are responsible for an astonishing proportion of global warming gases - 18 per cent of the total, to be precise.

That’s right, almost a fifth of all emissions which is more greenhouse gas emissions than all the transport on earth – planes, trains, cars, skidoos, the lot.

cont.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2007/02/meet_daisy_the_cow_global_climates_enemy_number_on.html

Since cow farts and other livestock emissions cause approx. 20% of the global warming problem and since environmentalists recommend that we eliminate 80% of emissions, that means we are going to have to eliminate ALL of our oil-based uses - which means shutdown all factories, stop heating/cooling of all our homes and offices, and stop driving all gas-powered cars - that is, if we want to "stop" global warming and still want to have meat, milk, cheese, butter, and ice cream on our tables.

But hey, those items are all on the "bad foods" list anyway, aren't they? Just say NO to cheeseburgers. If we eliminate all meat and dairy products and eat feminizing tofu instead, then maybe we can warm our houses up a few degrees over freezing during winter...whatta plan! :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back