Covid-19 Vaccine is Here, but Has One Problem

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
112020_ts_cold-covid_feat-1030x580.jpg

Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech has applied for emergency use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on November 20. However, it has a problem in distribution in that the vaccine has to be kept an ultrafrosty –70° Celsius or -94° Fahrenheit, requiring special storage freezers and shipping containers.

I don't think you can get a freezer like that just anywhere. I wonder if we have to be injected in somewhere cool to cold? We'll have to see if it gets approved.

"That means that even though the vaccine developed by Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech is likely to be the first vaccine to reach the finish line in the United States, its adoption may ultimately be limited. The FDA’s committee overseeing vaccines will meet on December 10 to discuss the emergency use request. That meeting will be streamed live on the agency’s web site and YouTube, Facebook and Twitter channels."

"A similar vaccine developed by Moderna and the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases also requires freezing. But it survives at a balmier –20° C, so can be kept in a standard freezer, and can even be stored at refrigerator temperatures for up to a month.. Most vaccines don’t require freezing at all, but both Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines are a new type of vaccine for which the low temperatures are necessary to keep the vaccines from breaking down and becoming useless."

The Pfizer vaccine can be packed in dry ice and moved around in a regular cooler ... and it's reported that once thawed, the vaccine has a few days before it needs to be used ...

Look ....I don't like vaccines ok? I prefrer therapeutics, that is pills...I hate vaccines with all my heart.I will never have vaccines if I can help it. NEVAH NEVAH!

1606446946194.png

Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech has applied for emergency use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on November 20. However, it has a problem in distribution in that the vaccine has to be kept an ultrafrosty –70° Celsius or -94° Fahrenheit, requiring special storage freezers and shipping containers.

I don't think you can get a freezer like that just anywhere. I wonder if we have to be injected in somewhere cool to cold? We'll have to see if it gets approved.

"That means that even though the vaccine developed by Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech is likely to be the first vaccine to reach the finish line in the United States, its adoption may ultimately be limited. The FDA’s committee overseeing vaccines will meet on December 10 to discuss the emergency use request. That meeting will be streamed live on the agency’s web site and YouTube, Facebook and Twitter channels."

"A similar vaccine developed by Moderna and the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases also requires freezing. But it survives at a balmier –20° C, so can be kept in a standard freezer, and can even be stored at refrigerator temperatures for up to a month.. Most vaccines don’t require freezing at all, but both Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines are a new type of vaccine for which the low temperatures are necessary to keep the vaccines from breaking down and becoming useless."

The Moderna vaccine doesn't have this problem. It will last a month in a refrigerator. It's also 95% effective, and of the small group that did get sick, not ONE had a serious case.

Dolly Parton fronted the first $Million that got this one going until the Trump Bucks kicked in under Operation Warp Speed.

ALLOCATING THE “TRUMP SHOT:” Advisory panel meets to weigh who should get COVID-19 vaccine first.

The Moderna vaccine doesn't have this problem. It will last a month in a refrigerator. It's also 95% effective, and of the small group that did get sick, not ONE had a serious case.

Dolly Parton fronted the first $Million that got this one going until the Trump Bucks kicked in under Operation Warp Speed.

ALLOCATING THE “TRUMP SHOT:” Advisory panel meets to weigh who should get COVID-19 vaccine first.

I think they've all been tested, but whether or not it was successful is question (in my mind). My city was a test city and we got notice of how the testing failed in the lack of test kits. Even coronavirus tracking was hampered due to a failed server.

I think there will be a shortage of these vaccines since there was a shortage for the testing. People will want to be vaccinated since we had another spike.

Forum List

Back