COVID-19: Facts vs. Panic

We do things differently with a lot more out patient and urgent care focus. When everything is "free" there is no need to conserve. So in countries with "Medicare for All", everyone goes to the hospital for everything.

This is true, it is one of the reasons we have reduced capacity in the hospitals themselves.

And rightly so. The runs we do have on hospitals are due mostly to "free services" to illegal aliens and the disconnect between cost and copay. Kaiser does video appointments, which work quite well. By people NOT going to the hospital, less spread of contagions.

Some people need the hospital. A local COVID patient went from 3 liters of O2 via nasal cannula to a Vent in less than 24 hours.

That's right. 1 out of 10,000 indeed do. The rest can be treated through other means. The attacks on our health system are inaccurate and unjustified. We have a superb delivery system. Hospitals simply are not the heart of it.

It is not an attack, it is the fact of the situation, we are not prepared to handle a mass pandemic. This is from the people on the front lines

We do things differently with a lot more out patient and urgent care focus. When everything is "free" there is no need to conserve. So in countries with "Medicare for All", everyone goes to the hospital for everything.

This is true, it is one of the reasons we have reduced capacity in the hospitals themselves.

And rightly so. The runs we do have on hospitals are due mostly to "free services" to illegal aliens and the disconnect between cost and copay. Kaiser does video appointments, which work quite well. By people NOT going to the hospital, less spread of contagions.

Some people need the hospital. A local COVID patient went from 3 liters of O2 via nasal cannula to a Vent in less than 24 hours.

That's right. 1 out of 10,000 indeed do. The rest can be treated through other means. The attacks on our health system are inaccurate and unjustified. We have a superb delivery system. Hospitals simply are not the heart of it.

It is not an attack, it is the fact of the situation, we are not prepared to handle a mass pandemic. This is from the people on the front lines

"Pandemic" simply means "international." The level of hysteria being spread by the democrat media gives the impression of hundreds of millions of cases. No system could handle that kind of volume. But the goal of the democrats and their press is to create panic and chaos. The reality is a fraction of a percent of what the little Goebbels are claiming.

Where we could run into trouble is with respirators. We have stupidly outsourced everything to China. Donald Trump told you about this danger 4 years ago, but you hate him, so you didn't listen, you don't care that he's right, you have your hate. China won't manufacture the parts we need to build respirators in sufficient quantity. We can't depend on an enemy for our manufacturing. And yes, China is an enemy, even though they own the democrats and the DNC will scream "racist" for me daring to say so.

"Pandemic" simply means "international." The level of hysteria being spread by the democrat media gives the impression of hundreds of millions of cases. No system could handle that kind of volume. But the goal of the democrats and their press is to create panic and chaos. The reality is a fraction of a percent of what the little Goebbels are claiming.

Where we could run into trouble is with respirators. We have stupidly outsourced everything to China. Donald Trump told you about this danger 4 years ago, but you hate him, so you didn't listen, you don't care that he's right, you have your hate. China won't manufacture the parts we need to build respirators in sufficient quantity. We can't depend on an enemy for our manufacturing. And yes, China is an enemy, even though they own the democrats and the DNC will scream "racist" for me daring to say so.

It is far more than just respirators, it is ventilators and it is bed space and it is nurses and Techs to care for them.

The COVID patients need to be at a minimum isolated but really should be in negative pressure areas...how many of those do you think we have?

Nurses that are already working extra shifts due to shortages and have a higher patient ratio than ever can only do so much.

You keep trying to make all this political, it is not. These are the facts from the doctors and nurses in the hospitals.

Oh, and there might be a whole semester of nursing students that do not get to graduate on time as they have had their clinicals canceled. This will just make the problem worse.

China was able to contain the coronavirus because they quarantined 30 million people and began massive testing.

The US has not been testing at all, so we have no idea how far and wide the virus is. It has been spreading completely unabated.

Trump did not take this pandemic seriously until he was told he could no longer hold his campaign rallies.

and as usual you are a fool or liar.

China was able to contain the coronavirus because they quarantined 30 million people and began massive testing.

The US has not been testing at all, so we have no idea how far and wide the virus is. It has been spreading completely unabated.

Trump did not take this pandemic seriously until he was told he could no longer hold his campaign rallies.

and as usual you are a fool or liar.

Guno is a Chinese agent. He will praise his Communist masters and defame America every last time.

It is far more than just respirators, it is ventilators and it is bed space and it is nurses and Techs to care for them.

The COVID patients need to be at a minimum isolated but really should be in negative pressure areas...how many of those do you think we have?

Nurses that are already working extra shifts due to shortages and have a higher patient ratio than ever can only do so much.

You keep trying to make all this political, it is not. These are the facts from the doctors and nurses in the hospitals.

Oh, and there might be a whole semester of nursing students that do not get to graduate on time as they have had their clinicals canceled. This will just make the problem worse.

Again, with a decentralized healthcare delivery system there is less need for bed space and staff, You are stuck in the hospital as a centralized health delivery system model. Oh, and this is 99% political with a 1% healthcare factor. Regardless of the origin of this, whether created in a lab in Wuhan (it was) or from eating bats in Wuhan (nah), democrats and their media have latched on to crash the economy and create hysteria and chaos in hopes of gaining power.

I'm reserving judgement in this matter ... the OP does have a good point, media reports are not trustworthy, they have sales goals and income targets, the media will report anything and everything to further those two goals; truth just interferes with that ...

The numbers themselves are very low, a trifle of what this year's flu strain has produced, and this year's flu is on the mild side ... 61,000 dead in the USA during the 2017-18 flu season according to the CDC's ...

"I have two words for you, [WASH YOUR HANDS]" -- Tank Girl ... I am enjoying mothering folks over the internet ... yeesh ...

Again, with a decentralized healthcare delivery system there is less need for bed space and staff, You are stuck in the hospital as a centralized health delivery system model.

I am talking about hospitals because that is the topic at hand. The steps that are being taken are being done so to keep them from being overran with patients. That is why games are canceled, that is why schools are closed, that is why we are supposed to be socially distant.

The idea is to slow the spread (not stop it) so that our medical system can keep up.

Again, with a decentralized healthcare delivery system there is less need for bed space and staff, You are stuck in the hospital as a centralized health delivery system model.

I am talking about hospitals because that is the topic at hand. The steps that are being taken are being done so to keep them from being overran with patients. That is why games are canceled, that is why schools are closed, that is why we are supposed to be socially distant.

The idea is to slow the spread (not stop it) so that our medical system can keep up.

The topic is facts vx. hysteria. You brought up hospital shortages in order to fan the flames of panic. I pointed out that our second to none health care delivery system is decentralized and uses outpatient options that lessen the NEED for the numbers of hospital beds that Italy and other countries with "Medicare for All" have. In fact, the warehousing of people in hospitals EXASPERATES the problem as contagions are concentrated. Hospitals are the opposite of the "social distancing" CDC officials recommend.

The topic is facts vx. hysteria. You brought up hospital shortages in order to fan the flames of panic.

I brought up hospital shortages because they are a fact of life that I deal with daily being married to a nurse and having a daughter that is a nurse. One is in the PCU and the other in an ER...they are on the very front lines of this.

I am not trying to fan shit, I am explaining a calmly and carefully as possible what things are being done that are done.

You fucks have to make it political, even though the only political statement I have made was to bash ObamaCare.

The topic is facts vx. hysteria. You brought up hospital shortages in order to fan the flames of panic.

I brought up hospital shortages because they are a fact of life that I deal with daily being married to a nurse and having a daughter that is a nurse. One is in the PCU and the other in an ER...they are on the very front lines of this.

I am not trying to fan shit, I am explaining a calmly and carefully as possible what things are being done that are done.

You fucks have to make it political, even though the only political statement I have made was to bash ObamaCare.

You did good Goofball Goosestepper. I expected you to become emotional and irrational a half dozen posts back. That you held out this long having an almost adult conversation is a record for you.

Let me give you some advice, anecdotal evidence is not a valid basis for a position. We all feel overworked and understaffed in our jobs. ER's are indeed overwhelmed, it is our "illegal alien healthcare system."

You did good Goofball Goosestepper. I expected you to become emotional and irrational a half dozen posts back. That you held out this long having an almost adult conversation is a record for you.

when dealing with partisan children like you that cannot separate life from politics it is trying, but I do manage

Let me give you some advice, anecdotal evidence is not a valid basis for a position. We all feel overworked and understaffed in our jobs. ER's are indeed overwhelmed, it is our "illegal alien healthcare system."

It is not anecdotal evidence, there is a nationwide shortage of nurses in hospitals as they have trouble keeping them for the shit pay that they get.

But nothing matters to you except parroting the party line, you have to make everything about politics as it is all you are capable of

Last edited:
Do you have a point?

Imagine that. Three different posters responded to the question, zero of them answered it.

Because it's not a real question. The point in the OP was pretty clearly stated:

"The WHO daily situation report on the virus is an excellent source of information and a good way to track the viruses growth or decline in various nations."

Do you have a point?

Imagine that. Three different posters responded to the question, zero of them answered it.

Because it's not a real question. The point in the OP was pretty clearly stated:

"The WHO daily situation report on the virus is an excellent source of information and a good way to track the viruses growth or decline in various nations."

350 words to make that point?

If you say so.

Do you have a point?

That's literally the last line of the OP. That's fine for providing a resource (I already had one). But it doesn't explain what the purpose of providing it was.

If that was the only purpose, then the War and Peace that preceded it was unnecessary. I don't infer that that was the point.

350 words to make that point?

Zackly, Bingo Pajama's your uncle.

Here's a bit of news that you'd think would be getting headline attention by all news outlets: A renowned French medical researcher, Dr. Didier Raoult, who has been tasked by the French government to find a treatment for COVID-19, is reporting that when the drug chloroquine/hydroxy chloroquine has been used on people infected with COVID-19, the drug has caused "a rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process." This drug has been used for years to treat malaria. A new study, published on Friday, March 13, by U.S. scientific researchers, also said that chloroquine "appeared to be an effective treatment, and appeared to align with the findings in France." South Korea and China are already using the drug to successfully treat COVID-19 patients.

Tucker Carlson did a segment about this drug on his TV program last night (3/19/20), which included an interview with a medical researcher from Stanford University. Here's the interview segment--it's barely 3 minutes long, and well worth the time:

Study: Malaria drug could be used to treat coronavirus

Below is an article from a French news website on Dr. Raoult's findings:

French lab offers ‘millions of doses’ of Covid-19 drug

CNN did a brief segment on chloroquine during their townhall with Dr. Anthony Fauci, our NIAID director, last night. When Fauci was asked about chloroquine, he appeared to be a few days behind the information curve. Somewhat disturbingly, he did not seem to know anything about Dr. Raoult's research and findings, nor did he seem to know that South Korea and China have recently begun using chloroquine to successfully treat COVID-19. And this guy is the leading scientist on our COVID-19 response? So far he has struck me as a bureaucrat who constantly hedges his bets and who seems overly cautious about treatments but shows no caution when it comes to suggestions to basically shut down the country to combat the virus. How can this guy not know about such crucial finds from a renowned and respected French medical scientist, the scientist whom the French government has tasked to find a treatment for the virus?

Yet, when Tucker Carlson interviewed Dr. Mihael Polymeropoulos, co-founder of the biopharmaceutical company Vanda, last night, Dr. Polymeropolous knew about Dr. Raoult's findings, said that chloroquine showed great promise as a COVID-19 treatment, and said that the only thing the FDA really needed to do was to determine the dosages for treatment so that American doctors can legally use it on COVID-19 patients. Tucker replied that a friend of his who has the corona virus has been getting treated with chloroquine in New York.

President Trump mentioned chloroquine as a promising treatment during his news conference yesterday.

Last edited:
Here's a bit of new that you'd think would be getting headline attention by all news outlets: A renowned French medical researcher, Dr. Didier Raoult, who has been tasked by the French government to find a treatment for COVID-19, is reporting that when the drug chloroquine/hydroxy chloroquine has been used on people infected with COVID-19, the drug has caused "a rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process." This drug has been used for years to treat malaria. A new study, published on Friday, March 13, by U.S. scientific researchers, also said that chloroquine "appeared to be an effective treatment, and appeared to align with the findings in France." South Korea and China are already using the drug to successfully treat COVID-19 patients.

Tucker Carlson did a segment about this drug on his TV program last night (3/19/20), which included an interview with a medical researcher from Stanford University. Here's the interview segment--it's barely 3 minutes long, and well worth the time:

CNN did a brief segment on chloroquine during their townhall with Dr. Anthony Fauci, our NIAID director, last night. When Fauci was asked about chloroquine, he appeared to be a few days behind the information curve. He did not seem to know about the recent findings by Dr. Raoult in France, nor did he seem to know that South Korea and China have recently begun using chloroquine to successfully treat COVID-19. Yet, when Tucker Carlson interviewed Dr. Mihael Polymeropoulos, co-founder of the biopharmaceutical company Vanda, last night, Dr. Polymeropolous knew about Dr. Raoult's findings, said that chloroquine showed great promise as a COVID-19 treatment, and said that the only thing the FDA really needed to do was to determine the dosages for treatment so that Americans doctors can legally use it on COVID-19 patients. Tucker replied that a friend of his who has the corona virus has been getting treated with chloroquine in New York.

Let us hope the wider study has close to the same results.

Here's a bit of new that you'd think would be getting headline attention by all news outlets: A renowned French medical researcher, Dr. Didier Raoult, who has been tasked by the French government to find a treatment for COVID-19, is reporting that when the drug chloroquine/hydroxy chloroquine has been used on people infected with COVID-19, the drug has caused "a rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process." This drug has been used for years to treat malaria. A new study, published on Friday, March 13, by U.S. scientific researchers, also said that chloroquine "appeared to be an effective treatment, and appeared to align with the findings in France." South Korea and China are already using the drug to successfully treat COVID-19 patients.

CNN did a brief segment on chloroquine during their townhall with Dr. Anthony Fauci, our NIAID director, last night. When Fauci was asked about chloroquine, he appeared to be a few days behind the information curve. He did not seem to know about the recent findings by Dr. Raoult in France, nor did he seem to know that South Korea and China have recently begun using chloroquine to successfully treat COVID-19. Yet, when Tucker Carlson interviewed Dr. Mihael Polymeropoulos, co-founder of the biopharmaceutical company Vanda, last night, Dr. Polymeropolous knew about Dr. Raoult's findings, said that chloroquine showed great promise as a COVID-19 treatment, and said that the only thing the FDA really needed to do was to determine the dosages for treatment so that Americans doctors can legally use it on COVID-19 patients. Tucker replied that a friend of his who has the corona virus has been getting treated with chloroquine in New York.

Let us hope the wider study has close to the same results.

The drug is already being used successfully in South Korea and China. They've been using it for at least a week and it has proven to be an effective treatment.

Forum List

Back