Court Rules Kentucky Print Shop Has Right to Avoid Making Gay Pride T-shirts

This means I have a right never to serve Christians or religious people.

Don't ever serve them, put a sign out in your window and tell them they are not welcome in your business. That would be great and everyone should do what you do, say who you won't serve because if you have that type of sign, I will know not to shop or buy crap.

I don't care if you don't want to serve religious people, gays, blacks, whites, Indians, Mexicans, you wouldn't find seeking to do business with you. Please post the sign, save everyone the time.
Except we are talking about the service, not the people. How would you even know if someone was gay? It's the forced production of something you disagree with that's the problem.

Your god is more evil then the devil for killing those people and flooding the world killing nearly all life on earth.

Why worship something that thinks you have something bad coming?

Because, in addition to being a God of complete justice, He is also a God of complete mercy, and gave you a way out of condemnation. It's really that simple. Instead of complaining that you're going to die when you go over the waterfall, why not grab the rope and get out of the water?

Actually, I think that is correct.

Please exercise it.

Your employer will send you packing quickly.

No, you don't. Religion is federally protected.

Title II Of The Civil Rights Act (Public Accommodations) | CRT | Department of Justice

It is protected from the federal government.

The federal government has no mandate under the bill of rights to do anything except stay out of it.

Please exercise it.

Title II Of The Civil Rights Act (Public Accommodations) | CRT | Department of Justice

The federal government has no mandate under the bill of rights to do anything except stay out of it.

No, that is not correct.

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States - Wikipedia

I don't want to live in a country where private business can decide what they want to manufacture!!

Businesses should ONLY be allowed to do what the MOTHER GOVERNMENT tells them to do.

A right winger's idea of freedom is that the owner gets to insult some people by refusing to serve them on any grounds the owner sees fit.

That's not freedom, that tyranny. If everyone decided they don't want to serve a group of people, their freedom is violated.

If you choose to do business with the public, you cannot violate freedom of some, without imposing your beliefs and ideas on them. It's a fact of life.

I don't want to live in a country where private business can decide what they want to manufacture!!

Businesses should ONLY be allowed to do what the MOTHER GOVERNMENT tells them to do.

A right winger's idea of freedom is that the owner gets to insult some people by refusing to serve them on any grounds the owner sees fit.

That's not freedom, that tyranny. If everyone decided they don't want to serve a group of people, their freedom is violated.

If you choose to do business with the public, you cannot violate freedom of some, without imposing your beliefs and ideas on them. It's a fact of life.

upload_2017-5-14_11-32-56.jpeg

A left winger's idea of freedom is that they get to threaten and insult some people by violently rioting until they get their way.

That's not freedom, that's tyranny. If everyone decided they don't want some people to speak, that groups freedom is violated.

If you choose to do business with the public, you cannot violate freedom of some, without imposing your beliefs and ideas on them. It's a fact off life.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

You aren't too bright. Your definitions are exactly backwards. Freedom means free, not free to not offend anyone. LOL

The truth of the matter is that in many of these civil rights cases, these businesses were SINGLED OUT and INTENTIONALLY TARGETED to make a political point.

Again, it's bullshit liberal hand wringing. Nobody is preventing anyone from having a cake at their wedding.

Guess what would happen if said t-shirt shop refused to make shirts for a church.

You would go some where else to buy t-shirts?
The church, under Kentucky's PA laws would have SUCCESSFULLY sued.

If the church decided to sue. I'd go somewhere that didn't object to my t-shirts and spend my money there and never give a penny to the other shop and would tell others about my negative experience. That is just what I'd do. I'm not giving them my business, their loss.

I choose not to do business with companies all the time for various reasons.

I would want to be denied business because I'd hate to give my money to someone who hates me and would deny me service.

Owners of private businesses should be able to sell to anyone they want..just as the consumer should be able to choose whatever business they want to buy from.

It's not a difficult concept...it's called FREEDOM.

I am not a fan of this crap, however, you can't not serve blacks or chinese.....

Please exercise it.

No, that is not correct.

The Bill of Rights does not say....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So what part of "shall make no laws" don't you understand ?

Actually, it isn't.

How many times have I seen signs that say "No Shirt...no service" ?

Has that been challenged in court ?

Or are you willing to say it is a "qualified" fact of life ?

Owners of private businesses should be able to sell to anyone they want..just as the consumer should be able to choose whatever business they want to buy from.

I am not a fan of this crap, however, you can't not serve blacks or chinese.....

YOu can choose not to serve Chinese food if a Chinese person asks you to make something Chinese in your restaurant.

Choosing not to bake a cake is hot the same as not allowing someone to dine at a restaurant because of ethnicity. They can't be refused service, but they also can't tell you what you have to put on your menu.

Yes. Unlike baking a cake, this was a case about speech. Nobody has to print something they don't want to.

A wedding cake isn't just a generic product—it's an artistic expression of support and celebration for an event. The exact same principles ought to apply.

Oh bullshit. You sell a product. You can't sell the cake to couple A then refuse to sell to couple B because they are (insert group protected by local, state or federal PA laws)
If this was a free country, you could.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

So a shop refusing to print "Gays Are Hellbound" would create the same protest I assume?

Please exercise it.

No, that is not correct.

The Bill of Rights does not say....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So what part of "shall make no laws" don't you understand ?

What part of established law and precedent don't you understand?

You don't have an absolute right to refuse service.

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?

Yes. Unlike baking a cake, this was a case about speech. Nobody has to print something they don't want to.

A wedding cake isn't just a generic product—it's an artistic expression of support and celebration for an event. The exact same principles ought to apply.

Oh bullshit. You sell a product. You can't sell the cake to couple A then refuse to sell to couple B because they are (insert group protected by local, state or federal PA laws)
If this was a free country, you could.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Oh wah, cry me a river. You've not been "free" since the mid 60s. Quite the time to start sniveling about it now...

YOu can choose not to serve Chinese food if a Chinese person asks you to make something Chinese in your restaurant.

Choosing not to bake a cake is hot the same as not allowing someone to dine at a restaurant because of ethnicity. They can't be refused service, but they also can't tell you what you have to put on your menu.

However, if you sell cakes, you can't refuse to sell the cake because they are Chinese if you sell cakes to non Chinese.

That's true in all 50 states. In about half, you can't do it to gays. .

...if you sell cakes, you can't refuse to sell the cake because they are Chinese if you sell cakes to non Chinese.

That's true in all 50 states. In about half, you can't do it to gays. .
That's because 3,000 years of Judeo-Christian tradition and teaching does not inform us that being Chinese is evil.

However, 3,000 years of Judeo-Christian tradition and teaching does inform us that sexual deviants and perverts (a.k.a. homosexuals) are wicked and sinful.

And, of course, 3,000 years of Judeo-Christian tradition and teaching informs us to shun wickedness and degeneracy and perversion, while pitying the sinner.

Not to worry... a highly Conservative trend is building-up steam in this regard, and a 5-4 SCOTUS should help, as well.

It's about time that Straight Folk took back control of public boundaries on morality.

Which is what we see beginning to unfold, now.

Actually, it isn't.

How many times have I seen signs that say "No Shirt...no service" ?

Has that been challenged in court ?

Or are you willing to say it is a "qualified" fact of life ?
Does that target a particular demographic by race, religion, gender, handicap?

Forum List

Back