Court Picks - I'm confused

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Progressives and the left have been bashing the Supreme Court as being partisan, along with many federal court appointees nominated by Trump during his presidency, saying that federal courts are too partisan, as if we should strive toward having non -partisan courts (which I would actually agree with). BUT, progressives have been complaining that:

unless Democrats took more aggressive steps and quickened their pace, the party could lose its chance to reshape the courts.

But progressive groups warned that unless Democrats took more aggressive steps and quickened their pace, the party could lose its chance to reshape the courts.

So, why is not OK for Republicans to "reshape" the courts when Democrats want to do the very same thing?

Progressives and the left have been bashing the Supreme Court as being partisan, along with many federal court appointees nominated by Trump during his presidency, saying that federal courts are too partisan, as if we should strive toward having non -partisan courts (which I would actually agree with). BUT, progressives have been complaining that:

unless Democrats took more aggressive steps and quickened their pace, the party could lose its chance to reshape the courts.

But progressive groups warned that unless Democrats took more aggressive steps and quickened their pace, the party could lose its chance to reshape the courts.

So, why is not OK for Republicans to "reshape" the courts when Democrats want to do the very same thing?

The same reason it is ok for the Republicans to "reshape" the court and not the Dems for the folks in your tribe.

I mean, it is sort of cute how you pretend there is no hypocrisy from your side while being so amazed by it from the other side, but after a while the same old shtick gets a tad old.

Both sides want their side to do the exact same thing, and they both attack the other side for doing what they want their side to do.

And you are knee deep in helping them out.

Congrats

The same reason it is ok for the Republicans to "reshape" the court and not the Dems for the folks in your tribe.

I mean, it is sort of cute how you pretend there is no hypocrisy from your side while being so amazed by it from the other side, but after a while the same old shtick gets a tad old.

Both sides want their side to do the exact same thing, and they both attack the other side for doing what they want their side to do.

Congrats
Thanks for admitting the hypocrisy of the left in attacking the Supreme Court that has been "reshaped" while they themselves seek to reshape it, not to mention lower federal courts. Therefore, the are really nothing more than jealous of Republicans for being able to do it before them.

Thanks for admitting the hypocrisy of the left in attacking the Supreme Court that has been "reshaped" while they themselves seek to reshape it, not to mention lower federal courts. Therefore, the are really nothing more than jealous of Republicans for being able to do it before them.

Correct, they are.

Maybe one day, if I wait long enough you will admit to the hypocrisy on the right...but I will not hold my breath waiting

Congrats
putting conservative judges on the court isnt reshaping it, its doing whats supposed to be done,,
now putting liberals on the court is reshaping it and in violation of the intent of the court,,
their job is to enforce the constitution not reshape it with liberal interpretations,,

Congrats
~~~~~~
Strengthening and an independent Court is good for America, whereas choosing Judges that legislate from the bench is counter the meaning of Justice.
We have seen what political interference by Democrats in our Justice system for the last 18 months has produced.
Justice under Biden, Garland and Wray has become a bifurcated system of Elitism and racists walking free and people victimized by high crime and no justice.

Correct, they are.

Maybe one day, if I wait long enough you will admit to the hypocrisy on the right...but I will not hold my breath waiting
There is no doubt that there is hypocrisy on the right. But, it is the left who are so verbal about implying they have more moral values than the right. Now, if you want to talk about a few decades ago, it was the right who always claimed to be the more moral party. The poles of the parties have flip flopped, causing more instances of hypocrisy on the left than on the right. But, I agree, both sides are hypocrites.

~~~~~~
Strengthening and an independent Court is good for America, whereas choosing Judges that legislate from the bench is counter the meaning of Justice.
We have seen what political interference by Democrats in our Justice system for the last 18 months has produced.
Justice under Biden, Garland and Wray has become a bifurcated system of Elitism and racists walking free and people victimized by high crime and no justice.
That is the price to pay for social injustice.

Because they are Democrats...

Correct, they are.

SCOTUS judges by GOP candidates have routinely been far more moderate and less radical, constantly ruling against conservative interests. Democrat SCOTUS judges pretty much align lock step with radical woke ideals.

GOP presidents attempt to put objective judges on the court, Democrat presidents put leftist political activists on the court.

It might have to change for conservatives, because if they’re the only ones acting in good faith, they’ll eventually actively bring on a stacked leftist activist court because of their desire for largely objective judges. They’ll have to start putting their own radicals up to offset the leftist activism to even things out.

SCOTUS judges by GOP candidates have routinely been far more moderate and less radical, constantly ruling against conservative interests. Democrat SCOTUS judges pretty much align lock step with radical woke ideals.

GOP presidents attempt to put objective judges on the court, Democrat presidents put leftist political activists on the court.

It might have to change for conservatives, because if they’re the only ones acting in good faith, they’ll eventually actively bring on a stacked leftist activist court because of their desire for largely objective judges. They’ll have to start putting their own radicals up to offset the leftist activism to even things out.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back