Country artists

TrinityPower

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2012
Fantasy island
I am a huge country music fan. This thread is dedicated to discussing country artists and why you connect with their song, posting music from country artists and sharing stories of meeting country artists.

I will start it off by posting what many consider the greatest country song ever made and the interesting part is that the artist didn't want to record it because when he heard the demo stated that no one will buy that record because it is just too sad. The late great George Jones

Since you obviously enjoy the classic side of country, and I hate the "new" country, I gotta turn you on to this guy

"Classic"?? George Jones, are you shittin' me? :lol:

I got cher classics right here....

Ya ever get into Hank III?
Sounds just like his grandpa

No I haven't -- got a favorite?
I've always used Hank Jr. as the perfect example of the old adage, "talent skips a generation". ;)

Since you obviously enjoy the classic side of country, and I hate the "new" country, I gotta turn you on to this guy

"Classic"?? George Jones, are you shittin' me? :lol:

I got cher classics right here....

Ya ever get into Hank III?
Sounds just like his grandpa

No I haven't -- got a favorite?
I've always used Hank Jr. as the perfect example of the old adage, "talent skips a generation". ;)

Just got a subscription update of this one from a Johnny Paycheck tribute album:

I am a huge country music fan. This thread is dedicated to discussing country artists and why you connect with their song, posting music from country artists and sharing stories of meeting country artists.

I will start it off by posting what many consider the greatest country song ever made and the interesting part is that the artist didn't want to record it because when he heard the demo stated that no one will buy that record because it is just too sad. The late great George Jones

Hard to believe George Jones thought anything could be "too sad" for country music lovers. This is a group of people who feel cheated if they're NOT hit in the feels.

Hard to believe George Jones thought anything could be "too sad" for country music lovers. This is a group of people who feel cheated if they're NOT hit in the feels.

When the record was finished, the performer didn’t have very high hopes. In his autobiography I LivedTo Tell It All, Jones wrote, “I looked Billy square in the eye and said, ‘Nobody will buy that morbid son of a bitch.’” Of course, the song’s success changed his tune. “To put it simply I was back on top,” he wrote. “Just that quickly. I don’t want to belabor this comparison, but a four-decade career was salvaged by a three-minute song.”

When the record was finished, the performer didn’t have very high hopes. In his autobiography I LivedTo Tell It All, Jones wrote, “I looked Billy square in the eye and said, ‘Nobody will buy that morbid son of a bitch.’” Of course, the song’s success changed his tune. “To put it simply I was back on top,” he wrote. “Just that quickly. I don’t want to belabor this comparison, but a four-decade career was salvaged by a three-minute song.”

Oh, no, I believed you. I just find it a bit hard to believe. Country music is famous for "My woman left me, my truck broke down, and my dog died". This is not an audience that insists on happy-feelgood.

Forum List

Back