Countdown.... When will Willis be out on her fanny?

It probably won't take too long.
It'll be done by her own people who will be afraid to lose all the traction they've gained so far in the case. The plan here has to be the quicker the better because longer they allow her to linger the more likely it is that the entire thing will just get thrown out.

She could actually be facing state and federal charges of her own at this point.

Jo
This is lawfare by the GOP, sound familiar? :auiqs.jpg:

That's true..... I don't understand what the holdup is. Georgia needs to get off of its ass appoint a new lead prosecutor and get back to business.
This isn't about pride or about hurting somebody's feelings It's about getting business done. As far as Willis is concerned sometimes the circumstances just suck and that's not much anyone could do about that.
Sorry but I don't advocate for the justice system bowing to the complaints of its criminal defendants.

True, but those indictments came from a corrupt prosecutor and her office. One that has zero credibility at this point
The answer for Georgia is very simple replace the prosecutor. I don't know why they're having such a tough time with that process.

The answer for Georgia is very simple replace the prosecutor. I don't know why they're having such a tough time with that process.
Because it isn't that simple. They don't and can't replace an elected official on a whim and by snapping their fingers, based on a rumor. It takes more. Well, in normal world, not the GOP House, maybe.

Fani Willis is the DA and is in charge of her office. If she does not elect to remove herself from the case, she would have to be impeached and then eventually replaced in a special election. As I understand it. I think the Governor can appoint an interim DA.

It probably won't take too long.
It'll be done by her own people who will be afraid to lose all the traction they've gained so far in the case. The plan here has to be the quicker the better because longer they allow her to linger the more likely it is that the entire thing will just get thrown out.

She could actually be facing state and federal charges of her own at this point.

Jo
She is elected and you are an idiot.

Because it isn't that simple. They don't and can't replace an elected official on a whim and by snapping their fingers, based on a rumor. It takes more. Well, in normal world, not the GOP House, maybe.
If she died they would find a replacement very quickly I think. If she recused herself there would be a stand in. I dunno.... If they are serious about prosecuting they're doing a good job of hiding it. Her presence has become a liability at this point. If it really is true that she cannot be replaced which I don't buy.... Then it's very possible The case is all done.

Not that simple. The indictments were obtained, from this office, hence the entire investigation is corrupted

And not just the trump case.

This tends to happen following any demafasict admin, corruption and a massive clean up job needed

Not that simple. The indictments were obtained, from this office, hence the entire investigation is corrupted
100% wrong, naturally. The grand juries indicted Trump.on the evidence. Fani Willis represents the State of Georgia in a court room. This isn't "Willis vs. Trump", and her behavior in her personal life has no bearing on the evidence or the grand jury findings.

Forum List

Back