Could The Trinity Doctrine Be Wrong?

It’s often made me wonder about people’s logic skills, when they complain about the pagan aspects of Easter and Christmas, but don’t realize that the notion of a tripartite god is also very pagan.
I love it when people call me a pagan. It's like... cool, I'm a pagan.

God is not a device or machine or power source for granting wishes.
One of the best comparisons to help explain the Trinity is Three in One Oil. Another is water which comes in liquid, solid and gas forms.

God is not an oil or water either but to some comparison help explain the incomprehensible.

1627407753944.jpeg

Nope...watch the video @ding posted....

Much better explanation than any you have given
Saint Patrick offered a better explanation at the end of the video but it was far more complicated.

To comprehend to any extent the Trinity means you have to be ready for “strong meat.”

In 1939, Dorothy Sayers, a novelist, playwright, poet, and Christian humanist, published a pamphlet entitled “Strong Meat.” The odd title is based on the King James Version of Hebrews 5:14, in which the author admonishes his audience for being ready only for milk and not solid food. “Strong meat,” the author writes, “is for the mature, for those whose faculties have been trained by practice to distinguish good from evil.” In her pamphlet, Sayers offers a tongue in cheek version of the strong meat of the Christian faith. It ends with a catechism-like set of questions and answers on the basics of Christian theology. In response to the question, “What is the doctrine of the Trinity?” Sayers writes, “The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the whole thing incomprehensible. Something put in by theologians to make it more difficult – nothing to do with daily life or ethics.”[1]

Saint Patrick offered a better explanation at the end of the video but it was far more complicated.

To comprehend to any extent the Trinity means you have to be ready for “strong meat.”

In 1939, Dorothy Sayers, a novelist, playwright, poet, and Christian humanist, published a pamphlet entitled “Strong Meat.” The odd title is based on the King James Version of Hebrews 5:14, in which the author admonishes his audience for being ready only for milk and not solid food. “Strong meat,” the author writes, “is for the mature, for those whose faculties have been trained by practice to distinguish good from evil.” In her pamphlet, Sayers offers a tongue in cheek version of the strong meat of the Christian faith. It ends with a catechism-like set of questions and answers on the basics of Christian theology. In response to the question, “What is the doctrine of the Trinity?” Sayers writes, “The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the whole thing incomprehensible. Something put in by theologians to make it more difficult – nothing to do with daily life or ethics.”[1]
I mostly have no use for theologians....
I once wanted to be like them...but I then figured out that these guys were useless for any action of normal Believers or explaining the concepts to the average normal person...

I have also read "That Printer of Udell's".

Even though it was written over 100 years ago I would swear he was secretly recording conversations in my Church.

Just saying...

I mostly have no use for theologians....
I once wanted to be like them...but I then figured out that these guys were useless for any action of normal Believers or explaining the concepts to the average normal person...

I have also read "That Printer of Udell's".

Even though it was written over 100 years ago I would swear he was secretly recording conversations in my Church.

Just saying...
The novel sounds interesting so I ordered it for my Kindle for $0.99. Thanks.

The novel sounds interesting so I ordered it for my Kindle for $0.99. Thanks.
It should be available through epub...but a dollar ain't bad.
It gets really cheesey at the end but that's not the good part anyway.

I think we need to clear up a couple of things.
Mary was only ever mentioned about three times in the bible. That's extraordinary after portraying her as the mother of god. There is also this myth she ascended into heaven but no reliable witnesses saw it.

She was no more virgin than my foot. She had 6 children of which this Jesus guy was the third. There goes the virgin theory and if you believe some holy spirit ghost inseminated her, think about the realities of that also. It didn't happen.

Pathenogenisis is impossible in human beings and not even some silly ghost can reverse that.
So let's not continue these fallacies she was pure etc. In fact, they cannot find where she was buried. That doesn't auger well for the mother of your God.
Dear Colin norris
For a purely practical perspective, I regard the concept of "Jesus born without sin" meaning such a Perfect soul as being ONE with God's will unconditionally, would not carry "generational sins or karma" as debts that need to be paid back to anyone in the past.

All humans being born from a combination of both parents' lineage carries karma or baggage that influences and biases our perception, culture and language.

The point of Jesus being the perfect sacrifice is that any sins redeemed this way were NOT coming from personal karma or debts, but the debts are covered for all humanity and paid forwars not backward.

Thus the gifts of restorative justice are invested forward to improve human relations and society in the future.

The spiritual mechanism, of how can we prevent from passing past conditions onto others is based in forgiveness and healing.

This Justice with Mercy is what Jesus and Mary are used to represent.

Being free of sin means to be free of bias from human conditions we are all born under. By divine forgiveness, Jesus represents perfect Justice brought into our world without human bias.

I am an atheist and don't rely on books for life's guidance. The bible was written about 60 years after your ghost died. All the apostles were illiterate and of course they were all dead. It was composed from ancient fairy tales and miraculous events that were farcical. Although at the time there was plenty of idiots and feeble minded who believed that rubbish, so those writings became popular and the peddlers of it became wealthy ftom it.

So let's not get confused about any bible. They are all bullshit.
Dear Colin norris if you don't relate at all to the Bible, no sense in using that as a reference, so let's not.
bear513 What do you think of the idea of using medical science and stats to demonstrate how spiritual healing works using forgiveness and prayers in Christ Jesus to break addictions or patterns from generational conditions making people or relations unhealthy so thet can recover instead?
See previous posts to Colin norris on this. The 2 things such studies may prove
A. Forgiveness correlates with more effective rates of healing of mind, body or relations of adverse conditions
B. Nontheists, atheists or people of other faiths or beliefs besides Christian or Theist may NOT end up converting or changing their beliefs just because of spiritual healing as Christians teach and practice. Receiving and agreeing on a positive meaning of Jesus Christ may change minds but not necessarily change people's beliefs.

This actually sounds like it could be the more I think about it.

Every religious concept of "God " is incorrect. That doesn't mean that believing in a religion is wrong. God just isn't what most people think he is. This is my strong belief. I hope your believe works for you.

Every religious concept of "God " is incorrect. That doesn't mean that believing in a religion is wrong. God just isn't what most people think he is. This is my strong belief. I hope your believe works for you.
oh, what about making one up ... that is manifested the opposite of the events it is meant to represent. christianity - all three desert religions.

- you needn't hope to much, they do all they can through any means to perpetuate their errant messages making it work for themselves and to everyone else they can captivate.

the prescribed religion of antiquity is entirely the means to free the spirit exclusive of any deity with a set goal when properly accomplished. admission to the Everlasting.

Dear Stann
I see it the other way: that everyone has SOME concept of collective TRUTH, universal laws in life or nature, and "good will" for humanity, or basic justice, right and wrong, cause and effect.

You are right, not any one person can have a complete and perfect umderstanding of what God means to each person.

But if we take the combination of what each person knows and sees of the IDEALS that God represents to them, we can solve most of our problems.

That is enough to bring world peace and invest our energy efforts and resources into sustainable development to save people and the planet from destruction by living in harmony and cooperative economy instead of fighting over crime and poverty, abuse and corruption.

What views do you have of universal truth, justice and world peace for all humanity?

Thanks Stann

Also cc: brainiac I have the same question for you -- how do you see universal truth and justice and what process or reform do you recommend to overcome political and religious conflict?

This actually sounds like it could be the more I think about it.

Nothing offends me. I am not offended when I see a male human fucking a female dog. The dog loves it. Jesus is one, sitting on one throne, looking like Sardine and Jasper stone. There is a rainbow around that throne looking like emeralds stone. The Unseen Father is in the mind of Jesus. Jesus is in the form of the Holy Spirit guiding people into all truth. That is three. All are one. There would need to be three thrones, had the church be right with three persons.

Dear Stann
I see it the other way: that everyone has SOME concept of collective TRUTH, universal laws in life or nature, and "good will" for humanity, or basic justice, right and wrong, cause and effect.

You are right, not any one person can have a complete and perfect umderstanding of what God means to each person.

But if we take the combination of what each person knows and sees of the IDEALS that God represents to them, we can solve most of our problems.

That is enough to bring world peace and invest our energy efforts and resources into sustainable development to save people and the planet from destruction by living in harmony and cooperative economy instead of fighting over crime and poverty, abuse and corruption.

What views do you have of universal truth, justice and world peace for all humanity?

Thanks Stann

Also cc: brainiac I have the same question for you -- how do you see universal truth and justice and what process or reform do you recommend to overcome political and religious conflict?
Go to is inaccurate. Jesus is heaven in the individual. That has to happen first. What God has made will be fire to they that don't have that.

Dear Stann

Thanks Stann

Universal truth. We are not of this world being God's children. We need to be like Jesus who did not war to free himself from the Romans. They that are not like Jesus will be of the world. Jesus is the only one who is good in us. God will recognize himself in another person. Resource based is good. They are God's gifts. God is a gift giver. What then should we be? Nothing is sustainable on this sinful planet. God is going to need to make all thngs new. God will keep crime from occurring, living in our mind. God controls each individual.

Nothing offends me. I am not offended when I see a male human fucking a female dog. The dog loves it. Jesus is one, sitting on one throne, looking like Sardine and Jasper stone. There is a rainbow around that throne looking like emeralds stone. The Unseen Father is in the mind of Jesus. Jesus is in the form of the Holy Spirit guiding people into all truth. That is three. All are one. There would need to be three thrones, had the church be right with three persons.

Holy shit. You are delusional and hallucinating. Yet you teach kids that rubbish.

Holy shit. You are delusional and hallucinating. Yet you teach kids that rubbish.
Dear Colin norris
The UU minister I last discussed the Trinity symbolism with, taught it as meaning Universal TRUTH, Justice and Peace:

The Kingdom of God meaning seeking to live by and establish truth.
Jesus meaning Equal Justice and common Authority of Law for all people to treat each other fairly in relations with each other by the Golden Rule.
The Holy Spirit meaning Peace and harmony to heal restore and unite all Humanity as one.

If the meaning of the Trinity is taught as positive humanitarian values, this helps restore peace and justice by establishing agreement on policies and principles based on common truth and understanding.

NOT coercion, indoctrination, manipulation, misrepresentation etc.

I am guessing your objections refer to either religious abuse or political abuse of authority.

Are you able to make a distinction between true teachings and practice of Christian values and charity?

Vs. The corrupted selfish or politicized abuses of religion for personal bias or benefit.

Usually it is the abusive corrupt side that invokes the criticisms and corrections.

The good meanings and principles behind the laws are used as the common standard of ethics, right and wrong, or true and false. We as people need to have some common understanding of truth justice and equity in order to point out false or abusive "garbage/rubbish" being mistaught to mislead others and cause damage and injustice.

Whatever scale or standard you are using here, to distinguish good from bad teaching/"rubbish", that is the very process of establishing Truth and Justice for the sake of Humanity and Peace that is the purpose and meaning of the Trinity.

Your criticisms do not negate the values behind the Trinity, but demonstrate the universal meaning, importance and process of "seeking to establish common Truth Justice and Peace" universal to all Humanity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back