Could "The Talk" actually be planting a fear of Cops that erupts years later as resisting arrest?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I've been trying to think of a reason why there are so many cases of Blacks resisting arrest or otherwise being combative with police officers. Could it be that "The Talk" that Black parents give to their children about police is actually the seed that grows into an inherent fear and distrust of police? What do you think?

I've been trying to think of a reason why there are so many cases of Blacks resisting arrest or otherwise being combative with police officers. Could it be that "The Talk" that Black parents give to their children about police is actually the seed that grows into an inherent fear and distrust of police? What do you think?

I think media, music and celebrities have a far bigger impact than any talk. If you believe someone is your enemy, especially if young and impressionable and you hear the message over and over, eventually it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Though certainly there are abuses and they can't be ignored, it only makes it worse.

Ditto for whites who are afraid of blacks, "just because". There is a case to be made for fear of anything in life, but you can't jump to conclusions, they have to give you a reason to be weary. I've known kids who when I was up and out to play sports, I'd see them dressed in their best and on the way to church. They avoided sports, but also avoided the meatheads in the area.

1598326813635.png

Doesn't every parent regardless of race have the talk about law enforcement? Such as saying "Yes Sir or No sir". Keeping hands in view, not smarting off, not running or making sudden moves.
You know, common fucking sense?
If a cop has the draw on you, it is no time for any nonsense. Listen and STFU.

Doesn't every parent regardless of race have the talk about law enforcement? Such as saying "Yes Sir or No sir". Keeping hands in view, not smarting off, not running or making sudden moves.
You know, common fucking sense?
If a cop has the draw on you, it is no time for any nonsense. Listen and STFU.
My parents never did. And when I was stopped by the cops I said yes sir, no sir. Never had a problem.

Yes.

Back in the eighties when I became a rookie cop serving young child abuse victims Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z's traumatized Brooklyn neighborhoods, I witnessed quite a few parents, particularly single moms raising their children to HATE the police.

Many of these mothers were no different than the late emotionally troubled Korryn Gaines who cohabitated with a firearm toting drug peddler.

What I found sad, as well as mildly amusing, when arresting a teen or young adult, often the first words out of a suspect's mouth were, "somebody go gets my mom."

I can understand a teenage child wanting their mother, though I found it amusing that a grown adult who just victimized a community member, was crying for his mother to come and save him.

Personally, shame and embarrassment would have made my mother the last person I'd want seeing me in police custody. Yet over and over adult suspects would immediately want mom to know they are under arrest.

Sadly, this "notify my mom" behavior seems to be inherent in the mostly shameless hood culture.

In my experience, to some degree most suspects physically resisted arrest.

Fortunately, most suspects were not trying to harm me or another officer, they simply were trying to evade being taken into custody by struggling or trying to squirm away from being physically detained.

Anyways, the bottom line is many people residing in the hood are raised to HATE police, making my job a lot more difficult than it needed to be. Whether I was arresting someone, or just trying to obtain information, HATE was almost always present.

I am still trying to figure out how I lasted 12 years as a Bed-Stuy cop & investigator before pulling the plug on the community and transferring to a safer, more stable, more friendly, less HATEFUL work environment.

THUGLIFE = "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks EVERYONE" ~Tupac Shakur, Childhood Trauma victim

⚠️ Strong Language
Emotionally Ill Mother Korryn Gaines Sharing Her Illness With Children & Police:

Should police have detained this apparent emotionally troubled mother & immediately notified Child Protective Services?

Personally, with the best interest of EVERYONE in mind, particularly teens young children, I believe police should be better trained in identifying signs of Child Abuse, Neglect & Maltreatment. And more importantly, ENCOURAGED to REPORT suspected cases of Child Abuse, Neglect and Maltreatment to the appropriate agency.

Child brain development MD, PhD educates Oprah:

Cali Surgeon General Dr.
Harris explains the effects of Childhood Trauma, Child Neglect & Maltreatment:

Dr. Harris offers a REAL solution for PREVENTING
HATE & Violence:

thuglife-public-service-announcement.jpgprevent-thuglifetupac.pngETkDl18XQAMhgNJ.jpegtupac-burke-harris-awareness.pnglets-raise-children.png

#MentalHealth
#PreventHATE
#StopViolence
#EndFEAR
☮️♥️

Greetings. Witness a genuinely sincere, logic embracing American citizen speak about improving the Mental Health & IMAGE of African American citizens:

"#Walkaway From Blaming White People For Everything":

#PreventHATE
#mentalhealth
#StopChildAbuse
☮️♥️

I can tell you from experience that its the cops that build that distrust. When you get harassed by cops all your life and you see cops protecting the top dope dealers then you will probably hit on the right reason.

Forum List

Back