Could I pass rather as Irish or as Italian or Italo-Irish in Brooklyn or neither?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I dont know really much about it but I think in the early 20th century Brooklyn was mostly Irish and/or Italian? Am I right?
IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3320.JPGIMG_3321.JPG

I dont know really much about it but I think in the early 20th century Brooklyn was mostly Irish and/or Italian? Am I right?
View attachment 403276View attachment 403277View attachment 403278
Mortimer, all kidding aside....just be who you are, don't try and be somebody you're not.

I dont want to look any different, but I prefer not to be a "Gypsy". I guess no one with a IQ of above 75 would want to be a Gypsy. That culture lacks any positive characteristics, and is the most hated and ridiculed. Just look at the internet memes and videos.

This dude is made fun of but I think he has down syndrome or a retardation, but he appears as if he is a monkey, he also makes animal sounds

Mortimer, all kidding aside....just be who you are, don't try and be somebody you're not.

I dont want to look any different, but I prefer not to be a "Gypsy". I guess no one with a IQ of above 75 would want to be a Gypsy. That culture lacks any positive characteristics, and is the most hated and ridiculed. Just look at the internet memes and videos.

This dude is made fun of but I think he has down syndrome or a retardation, but he appears as if he is a monkey, he also makes animal sounds

Anyone asks, just tell them that you're Romanian, and leave it at that. They'll never guess you're a Gypsy.

Anyone asks, just tell them that you're Romanian, and leave it at that. They'll never guess you're a Gypsy.

But then Im something which Im not right? And you said I should be who I am. So you see that is not right though. And no one with a IQ of above 75 would see it that way or someone who doesnt reject civilization for a life of crime, only a thief or pimp is proud to be a Gypsy.

I feel badly for you.
You are probably the most insecure person on this forum.
Perhaps you faced a devastating rejection or loss.

Volunteer at hospitals to help others......Volunteer at homeless shelters.....stop focusing on yourself and you will feel better about yourself

I feel badly for you.

Volunteer at hospitals to help others......Volunteer at homeless shelters.....stop focusing on yourself and you will feel better about yourself

I can do all things, but it is better when you do all those things if you do not openly or loudly say you are a gypsy. That is the truth. And no one with a IQ of above 75 would see it that way.

But then Im something which Im not right? And you said I should be who I am. So you see that is not right though. And no one with a IQ of above 75 would see it that way or someone who doesnt reject civilization for a life of crime, only a thief or pimp is proud to be a Gypsy.

But, aren't you really trying to be and dress as someone other than a Gypsy?
I'm confused.
But, being a Romanian isn't telling a lie, you're just not divulging all the facts. If someone asks, just tell them that Gypsy's are in your Family Tree.
I have a great, great, great Grandfather that was hung as a horse thief. I don't usually divulge that

I'm confused.
But, being a Romanian isn't telling a lie, you're just not divulging all the facts. If someone asks, just tell them that Gypsy's are in your Family Tree.
I have a great, great, great Grandfather that was hung as a horse thief. I don't usually divulge that

Im nothing Romanian, it it is a outright lie, I never set foot in romania never. Im from Serbia, Gypsies live in many countries, you think they are from romania though which is wrong. I could say Im serbian though.

I'm confused.

Im nothing Romanian, it it is a outright lie, I never set foot in romania never. Im from Serbia, Gypsies live in many countries, you think they are from romania though which is wrong. I could say Im serbian though.

Then tell them you are Serbian....I was trying to make the point

I feel badly for you.

I can do all things, but it is better when you do all those things if you do not openly or loudly say you are a gypsy. That is the truth. And no one with a IQ of above 75 would see it that way.

The short answer is NO you can't pass for either but especially as an Irish-italian...secondly, if the italians catch you and they will trying to pretend that you are one of them--you better hope that they don't feel like punching someone that day.

I feel badly for you.

What does gypsy have to do with anything.

on second thought, you may have mental issues.

Good luck and get help

I feel badly for you.

The short answer is NO you can't pass for either but especially as an Irish-italian...secondly, if the italians catch you and they will trying to pretend that you are one of them--you better hope that they don't feel like punching someone that day.

I wouldnt try to pretend I am one of them though in real life, never did, nor on the internet really. I never told someone a girl or whoever that Iam italian. I always say who I am. So there might be a difference, if I ask "I can pass and post some pictures" for fun and really going out there telling people I am. But if I did it would help me with girls, with jobs, with housing etc. It would be a benefit, but I guess if the italians catch me doing it they would beat me up, but if they dont catch me it would help me with many things.

Re the U.S., the most bigoted parts of the country are the mid-Atlantic and Midwest and any of the barrios and black Hoods anywhere in the country. Outside of those, most people will never ask or care, you don't have to be 'Anybody' in particular. The U.S. is not Europe.

Re the U.S., the most bigoted parts of the country are the mid-Atlantic and Midwest and any of the barrios and black Hoods anywhere in the country. Outside of those, most people will never ask or care, you don't have to be 'Anybody' in particular. The U.S. is not Europe.

Ok. Im usually who I am. And do say who I am, even if I receive negative feedback for it. I dont pretend to be someone or someone not. I just did that thread for fun, because of my cap and leather jacket and the setting looks like Brooklyn. Im a artist actually with my selfies. I saw a old japanese woman making a art collection of her selfies. Some started saying I should be who Iam born as and such. But I am really.

Ok. Im usually who I am. And do say who I am, even if I receive negative feedback for it. I dont pretend to be someone or someone not. I just did that thread for fun, because of my cap and leather jacket and the setting looks like Brooklyn. Im a artist actually with my selfies. I saw a old japanese woman making a art collection of her selfies. Some started saying I should be who Iam born as and such. But I am really.

Ah, Ok. I think I commented on one of your photo compositions once before. I've been blocking videos and pics for a while now, so didn't see the OP pic. My bad.

Forum List

Back