Zone1 Could Humans Survive a Nuclear War Between Nato and Russia?

The primary purpose of a hypersonic missile is an anti-ship weapon, for ships with conventional missile defense systems. The Ukraine Navy has no such ships... they currently have no ships actively engaging in combat.

Using a hypersonic missile on ground troops when conventional ASM and bombs would do the trick is silly.

Russia only recently claimed to have deployed there hypersonic missile, there is no record they actually used it.
I'll post it again

Airbus Beluga en Brasil

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov at a press briefing commented as follows:

«On March 18, the Kinzhal airborne complex with its hypersonic ballistic missiles destroyed a large underground storage of missiles and ammunition of the Ukrainian army aviation in the locality of Delyatyn, Ivano-Frankivsk region.»

do y'all understand the difference between testing and having a weapon?

The Kh-47M2 Kinzhal is a nuclear-capable, Russian air-launched ballistic missile, likely derived from Russia’s ground-launched 9K720 Iskander-M. It was one of six “next generation” weapons unveiled by President Putin during a speech in March 2018.1
I highlighted the key word you glossed over. You do know that a ballistic missile is not under it's own power, right?

Last edited:
Kinzhal airborne complex with its hypersonic ballistic missiles

Kinzhal is the Russian name for Kh-47M2 missile (NATO codename "Dagger") ... I have no idea, nor does whomever reported this, what a "Kinzhal Airborne Complex" is.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Russian (or Ukrainian) propaganda. Something got lost in the translation from Russian to Portuguese to English.

The Russian Ministry of Defense announced on March 18 that it had deployed the Kinzhal to destroy an underground warehouse for missiles and aviation ammunition in the western part of Ukraine. The following day, the Defense Ministry released a video of the attack and claimed that it had also used the Kinzhal to destroy a Ukrainian storage base in the Mykolaiv region. These incidents were reported by Russian news agencies to be the first uses of Kinzhal missiles in its invasion of Ukraine, though the system may have been previously tested in Syria under war conditions.
So the Russians say they did. Anybody else?

Kinzhal is the Russian name for Kh-47M2 missile (NATO codename "Dagger") ... I have no idea, nor does whomever reported this, what a "Kinzhal Airborne Complex" is.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Russian (or Ukrainian) propaganda. Something got lost in the translation from Russian to Portuguese to English.
I've proven that not only does Russia possess hypersonic weapons they've used them.

I've proven that not only does Russia possess hypersonic weapons they've used them.

No, you haven't. You've proven that Vlad CLAIMS to have them. You point to the use of some sort of munition, which could be anything, and say that settles it. It doesn't. Russia has a LONG history of lying about weapons they don't have. Russia is the master of the terracotta army.

None of the above.

You link to foreign media. US Media in no way supports your claims. The US government certainly
None of the above.

You link to foreign media. US Media in no way supports your claims. The US government certainly doesn't.

Biden says Russian forces fired hypersonic missile in Ukraine​

Rebecca Falconer
Axios on facebook
Axios on twitter
Axios on linkedin
Axios on email
 President Joe Biden speaks while joining the Business Roundtable's chief executive officer quarterly meeting in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Monday, March 21.President Biden at the Business Roundtable's chief executive officer quarterly meeting in Washington, D.C., on Monday. Photo: Leigh Vogel/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Russia's military has used a hypersonic missile in Ukraine, President Biden confirmed Monday night.
Driving the news: Ukrainian forces are "wreaking havoc" on Russia's military and Russian President Vladimir "Putin's back is against the wall," Biden said at a Business Roundtable event after the White House.
What he's saying: "They've just launched their hypersonic missile because it's the only thing they can get through with absolute certainty," Biden said of Russian forces.
None of the above.

You link to foreign media. US Media in no way supports

No, you haven't. You've proven that Vlad CLAIMS to have them. You point to the use of some sort of munition, which could be anything, and say that settles it. It doesn't. Russia has a LONG history of lying about weapons they don't have. Russia is the master of the terracotta army.
I'm sorry the truth hurts but facts are facts.

Biden says Russian forces fired hypersonic missile in Ukraine​

Rebecca Falconer
Axios on facebook
Axios on twitter
Axios on linkedin
Axios on email
 President Joe Biden speaks while joining the Business Roundtable's chief executive officer quarterly meeting in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Monday, March 21.'s chief executive officer quarterly meeting in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Monday, March 21.President Biden at the Business Roundtable's chief executive officer quarterly meeting in Washington, D.C., on Monday. Photo: Leigh Vogel/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Russia's military has used a hypersonic missile in Ukraine, President Biden confirmed Monday night.
Driving the news: Ukrainian forces are "wreaking havoc" on Russia's military and Russian President Vladimir "Putin's back is against the wall," Biden said at a Business Roundtable event after the White House.
What he's saying: "They've just launched their hypersonic missile because it's the only thing they can get through with absolute certainty," Biden said of Russian forces.
and you believe him?

Forum List

Back