Could Fox News be sued for lying about the coronavirus?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

I watch Fox all the time. I think it’s important to know what the enemies of America are saying. Not only did they downplay the virus but they stigmatized masks. They said that being told to wear a mask is a threat to your constitutional rights.

On Fox they referred to Dr. Fauci as “the chief buffoon of the professional class“
and they promoted President trumps Ronafest rallies and made fun of Joe Biden social distancing.

At what point does free-speech become dangerous? I know it’s illegal to shout fire in a crowded theater.

I watch Fox all the time. I think it’s important to know what the enemies of America are saying. Not only did they downplay the virus but they stigmatized masks. They said that being told to wear a mask is a threat to your constitutional rights.

On Fox they referred to Dr. Fauci as “the chief buffoon of the professional class“
and they promoted President trumps Ronafest rallies and made fun of Joe Biden social distancing.

At what point does free-speech become dangerous? I know it’s illegal to shout fire in a crowded theater.

Actually it was Dr Fauci that stigmatized masks...he said they are not a safeguard...then he changed his mind....then he changed his mind again....and again......and once again.....notice how our blue state leaders don't bother with masks?....why don't you do something useful and sue them?.....

Go for it and report back.

You should try.

if we can sue for lying about the virus trump would be in a heap of shit

What a loon! Holy crap! Dean, take yer meds!

VERY good points. Fox has toned down their adherence to Trump lies and thankfully Mr Atlas is no more.
But yes, their previous positions probably killed thousands.
Wonder Stanford will take Scott Atlas back?
Seems unlikely.

And don't get me started on Biden's lies.

when does free speech become dangerous?

when trump, on parler , says “the only good deanrd is dead one”

or when bannon says “we should cut off deanrds head and put it on a pike”

at that point free speech has become dangerous....

dont you agree?

please do!

we can compare

id be happy to win that debate!

No the courts already agreed fox is entertainment like Maddow is on MSNBC

please do!

we can compare

Yesterday, Donald Trump further diminished the United States in the eyes of the world by expanding his travel ban, placing new restrictions on the residents of six more nations that limit who is allowed to come to the United States.

Three years ago, he took aim at Muslim-majority nations. This time, he targeted primarily African nations — including Nigeria, the largest economy and the most populous nation on the continent, and Sudan, a country striving to transition to civilian rule after decades of dictatorship. The “Muslim Ban,” this new “African Ban,” Trump’s atrocious asylum and refugee policies — they are all designed to make it harder for black and brown people to immigrate to the United States. It’s that simple. They are racist. They are xenophobic.

And there is no evidence that they do anything to make us safer. If anything, they endanger the best tools we have to fight terrorism — our globe-spanning network of alliances and partnerships. They erode our moral standing in the world and make it less likely that other nations will work with us to take on terrorist threats before they can reach our shores.

I wonder how many tens of thousands more dead would we have if Biden were President last February?

Maybe if you tried it would be cathartic for you Chronic Clinical Dual Diagnosis - TDS / Trump OCD?

In fact, the entire time that Fox News was downplaying the virus, Sean Hannity , Who said with this new hoax, Sean and Harris Faulkner and Jesse Watters and Dana Perino and Greg Gutfeld and all those other fox hosts were broadcasting from home. They’re telling people to go out and go shopping and go to restaurants and go to movies and they are playing it safe from home.

can they be sued for intentionally trying to get people sick?

F20229F8-C163-42EB-B74F-84F8C33A9286.jpeg

C957865D-D1D7-4FD9-B670-EF668031F35F.jpeg

please do!

we can compare

I believe WaPo has Dotard's lie count up to 25,000. That's downright prolific!

please do!

we can compare

Yesterday, Donald Trump further diminished the United States in the eyes of the world by expanding his travel ban, placing new restrictions on the residents of six more nations that limit who is allowed to come to the United States.

Three years ago, he took aim at Muslim-majority nations. This time, he targeted primarily African nations — including Nigeria, the largest economy and the most populous nation on the continent, and Sudan, a country striving to transition to civilian rule after decades of dictatorship. The “Muslim Ban,” this new “African Ban,” Trump’s atrocious asylum and refugee policies — they are all designed to make it harder for black and brown people to immigrate to the United States. It’s that simple. They are racist. They are xenophobic.

And there is no evidence that they do anything to make us safer. If anything, they endanger the best tools we have to fight terrorism — our globe-spanning network of alliances and partnerships. They erode our moral standing in the world and make it less likely that other nations will work with us to take on terrorist threats before they can reach our shores.

I wonder how many tens of thousands more dead would we have if Biden were President last February?

Bans are really weird. Especially when Trump called African countries sh!t holes and now the United States is banned from many many countries around the world because we are infected.......

The countries where Americans are blocked, are:

• Austria
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Bolivia
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Canada
  • Costa Rica
  • Columbia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Panama
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • South Africa
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • The Bahamas

please do!

we can compare

I believe WaPo has Dotard's lie count up to 25,000. That's downright prolific!

I’m curious, do you have examples of the lies?

Forum List

Back