Cost of living

How much has your cost of living gone up over the last year?

I can only speak for my household living in Southeastern Indiana and have to think its the same for everyone else in my little area of the State.

Our food costs have risen quite a bit over the last year. What we could buy for $150.00 now costs us just over $200.00.

Gas for our vehicle has gone up, but I suspect most of that has to do with the vehicle getting older. Maybe it's time to buy a new, more fuel efficient vehicle if we can save up enough.

Our water bill has risen as well, but not as drastically as everything else. I attribute this rise to normal inflation. Oh, and the fact that both our oldest and second oldest had to move back in with us.

The biggest rise in expense has been our electric bill. Compared to last years electric bills, it's almost doubled. Everything in our home is electric, everything is and our bill, compared to last years $300.00 bill is a staggering $570.00. That's a $270.00 increase and I just don't get it. What's worse is if there are new regulations imposed on electric companies, the cost is going to go up even more.

Why would our government, both Democrats and Republicans, allow this to happen? Why are they trying to price everything out of existence? It makes no sense.

Why is it anyone else's fault that you own a completely electric house? Get a gas water heater (or alternatively, a passive solar water heater), and a gas furnace. Increase the insulation in your home. If you have single pane windows, replace them with double pane windows which will save you a lot of heating and air conditioning expense. And above all, turn the lights out when you leave a room, turn the thermostat down in the winter and up in the summer.

lots of people rent homes or apartments that have only electric....they can't change over to gas...

I can only speak for my household living in Southeastern Indiana and have to think its the same for everyone else in my little area of the State.

Our food costs have risen quite a bit over the last year. What we could buy for $150.00 now costs us just over $200.00.

Gas for our vehicle has gone up, but I suspect most of that has to do with the vehicle getting older. Maybe it's time to buy a new, more fuel efficient vehicle if we can save up enough.

Our water bill has risen as well, but not as drastically as everything else. I attribute this rise to normal inflation. Oh, and the fact that both our oldest and second oldest had to move back in with us.

The biggest rise in expense has been our electric bill. Compared to last years electric bills, it's almost doubled. Everything in our home is electric, everything is and our bill, compared to last years $300.00 bill is a staggering $570.00. That's a $270.00 increase and I just don't get it. What's worse is if there are new regulations imposed on electric companies, the cost is going to go up even more.

Why would our government, both Democrats and Republicans, allow this to happen? Why are they trying to price everything out of existence? It makes no sense.

Why is it anyone else's fault that you own a completely electric house? Get a gas water heater (or alternatively, a passive solar water heater), and a gas furnace. Increase the insulation in your home. If you have single pane windows, replace them with double pane windows which will save you a lot of heating and air conditioning expense. And above all, turn the lights out when you leave a room, turn the thermostat down in the winter and up in the summer.

lots of people rent homes or apartments that have only electric....they can't change over to gas...

Well, that makes it even easier for him. Move.

Next, they'll blame people for not owning their own homes.

It's so funny that the left just tells us to change to gas furnaces, as if it's cheap, or buy a more efficient car, which many can't afford, then they bitch about voter ID because it's too big of a hardship on people.

So, spending big $$ to change your house to gas or buying a new car is reasonable, but obtaining a photo ID is impossible. Got it, libs.

It's so funny that the left just tells us to change to gas furnaces, as if it's cheap, or buy a more efficient car, which many can't afford, then they bitch about voter ID because it's too big of a hardship on people.

So, spending big $$ to change your house to gas or buying a new car is reasonable, but obtaining a photo ID is impossible. Got it, libs.

or like if you can't afford the electrical bill....well just "move".....as if moving doesn't cost money too....not to mention all the other considerations...

the fascist left is intent on imposing their 'green fixes' upon everybody and they don't give a damn about your costs....or your situation or preferences or even the feasibility....

like too bad if your child dies or gets sick from a broken 'green' lightbulb....the fascist left dictates must be followed....

or like if you can't afford the electrical bill....well just "move".....as if moving doesn't cost money too....not to mention all the other considerations...

the fascist left is intent on imposing their 'green fixes' upon everybody and they don't give a damn about your costs....or your situation or preferences or even the feasibility....

like too bad if your child dies or gets sick from a broken 'green' lightbulb....the fascist left dictates must be followed....

Yeah, but they "mean well" and that is all that matters.....

Why do you hate babies!!

:lol:

Oh please. Stop yer whining.

You should seriously think about installing a natural gas furnace. Or if you're in the boonies, a propane job. And switch to CFL bulbs.

Or as a commercial back on the east coast used to say:

"Go Modern!"

"Go Gas!"

"Go BOOOOOMMMMM!"

It was broadcast heavily within an hour or so of each time a home was destroyed by a gas explosion. Paid for by a coal company - "The only safe home heat".

And as to those CFLs......Every child deserves a little mercury in its life. Don't be the last on your block to enliven your home life with brightly shinking poison gas bomblets in every room!

Exactly that's why you go LED and a properly installed gas system.

More than likely, there IS no gas in the area. Also, converting to gas heat (if available) could easily cost $20,000+.

Google "electricity prices surge".

Go ahead.

Click on the first link.

As with virtually all other goods, the price of electricity has risen over the years. Underlying factors affecting this upward trend include higher prices for generating fuel (e.g. coal), the need for new infrastructure, and environmental concerns. Compared to other goods, the increase in electricity prices has been relatively low.

More recently, this trend has reversed, due largely to poor economic conditions. However, it is expected that once the economy recovers, electricity demand and prices will once again climb.

Perhaps it would do you good to read before you post. And perhaps a bit of history would also do you some good:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

I know some left wing people the really like Obama.

But it is only right wingers who think Obama is GOD. And controls EVERYTHING.

Amazing the power of Obama. Isn't it? He controls the prices of food and the price of energy and the price of EVERYTHING.

And here I thought it was the capitalists who are raising prices so as to make more money.

But it's Obama. Who'd a thunk it. Besides a right winger.

Core inflation for this coming year will be about 2%, which is good.

However, energy and food are not included in core inflation, and they will be higher, which is not good.

Core inflation for this coming year will be about 2%, which is good.

However, energy and food are not included in core inflation, and they will be higher, which is not good.

Beef prices are set to go through the roof. Of course the reasoning is that the drought has caused the herds to be killed off because the land won't provide enough water or pasture.

Now them damn global warming people are saying that severs drought is to be expected as the weather patterns change.

CA is experiencing the worst drought in 100 years. When the food production if CA falls way off, get ready for some serious price increases in produce costs.

But global warming don't mean a thing.

The erosion of my income's purchasing power is fairly obvious over the last 10 years.

I only survive now by living a very modestly.

I know some left wing people the really like Obama.

But it is only right wingers who think Obama is GOD. And controls EVERYTHING.

Amazing the power of Obama. Isn't it? He controls the prices of food and the price of energy and the price of EVERYTHING.

And here I thought it was the capitalists who are raising prices so as to make more money.

But it's Obama. Who'd a thunk it. Besides a right winger.

Says the disciple of the far left and Obama worshiper.

The erosion of my income's purchasing power is fairly obvious over the last 10 years.

I only survive now by living a very modestly.

I save where I can, so I have what I need to get what I want. My new car for Christmas.:)

Food is not something I mind sacrificing for, as I eat very little of it anyway...:lol: There are some brands I won't sacrifice...i.e., Best Foods mayonnaise Lawry's garlic salt, Dawn detergent and a couple more.

Forum List

Back