Zone1 Corpus Christi Day processions - and the United States

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Corpus Christi Day processions - and the United States

Here I still have a question.

Whenever I bring up this topic, US-Americans usually know absolutely nothing about it.
There may be some jokes about the City of Corpus Christi, but that is all.

So one might wonder:
Are the Catholics in the US too afraid to go out into the streets to show their belief?
Or is it out of politeness, so that they do not provoke their Protestant neighbours?

What do you think?

From what I know, there are some Catholics here in this forum.
What do they think?

Here is the legend:

Legend has it that in 1519, on the Roman Catholic Feast Day of Corpus Christi, Spanish explorer Alonzo Alvarez de Pineda discovered a lush semi-tropical bay on what is now the southern coast of Texas. The bay, and the City that later sprung up there, took the name of the feast day celebrating the "Body of Christ."

And now it seems the United States have completely forgotten about this feast day.
Including the US Catholics - and even the Catholics in the City of Corpus Christi.

:)

Are the Catholics in the US too afraid to go out into the streets to show their belief?
Or is it out of politeness, so that they do not provoke their Protestant neighbours?

I do not want to make an extra poll for this. :)

I remember:

Some years ago I was on a forum for German Americans. The forum language was German.
And I asked there about these "Fronleichnams-Prozessionen". Whether there were any in the US.

I was told that in the US there were none.

Then I found a video about such a procession in the US and asked again.
This time I got a sharp answer: "You have been told that there are none! And there are none! Now shut up!"

I left the topic then ....

And now I am asking again here. :)

Cults die . Christianity is an obvious example .
As for the lack of sense behind Corpus Christi --- gullibility and compliance in all their glory/
imho

Whenever I bring up this topic, US-Americans usually know absolutely nothing about it.

So one might wonder:

What do you think?

What "joke" about the tremendous City of Corpus Christi are you referencing here?

It is a fact you should know that the city got its name when Corpus Christi was the day on the calendar the town was discovered by the Spanish explorer back in the day.

So one might wonder:

What do you think?

My church processed around the large parking lot and out along the street, as they always did, and covid only made that procession longer.

Cults die . Christianity is an obvious example .
As for the lack of sense behind Corpus Christi --- gullibility and compliance in all their glory/
imho

Do you hate or fear God? Or simply deny that He exists?

I enjoy most of your posts but you sound suspiciously like a leftist shill at this point, hating and fearing something you don't believe exists.

That's like me hating and fearing unicorns, but dropping in to every thread about unicorns to insult those who believe they exist.

I'm disappointed.

I watched on EWTN the Corpus Christ Mass and Procession from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in DC. I didn't see any protesters but someone was making a lot of noise during the procession.

I have now asked in another thread and got a good answer!

What "joke" about the tremendous City of Corpus Christi are you referencing here?

It is a fact you should know that the city got its name when Corpus Christi was the day on the calendar the town was discovered by the Spanish explorer back in the day.
I know that very well indeed

Just a short word about this Corpus Christi Day and Germany.

In Germany it has become some kind of ugly fashion to ridicule this day in a very tasteless way.
Because the old word "Fronleichnam" is not understood.

In the USA this day can hardly be ridiculed, as it seems to be more or less unkown - even by most US Catholics.

You found the answer that you wanted, that's what we all do. You can find a poll, or editorial, or think tank finding to support anything, that's why there can be no real discussions. I found what I was looking for too.

I do not want to make an extra poll for this. :)
i am asking this again …..

🍰🎂

Forum List

Back