Corporate Tax Revenue Came In 31% Below Predictions, And It's Getting Worse

/—-/ Agree 100%. And I’ve said since I was on yahoo finance boards in 2001, that it’s Congress who spends the money not the president

And yet there is not a single post from you on this forum correcting anyone blaming Obama for the debt.

You are just a partisan fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
/—-/ What a load of horseshyt. I don’t have to post some random civics fact to satisfy your insipid needs. You’re just lashing out.

Yes, I am lashing out at your partisan worship of the man in the White House

/—-/ Changing the subject when you get cornered. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

That has been the subject for the last two pages, do try and keep up!

/—-/ No, we were having a sidebar as I made mince meat of your pathetic charge. You may now apologize for your false allegation.

According to the CBO the the budget was in surplus from fiscal years 1998-2001.

The debt went from $4.4 trillion when Clinton entered office and was at 5.796 when he left office. That is an increase in the US debt, is it not?

Here it is year by year. See How the U.S. Debt Tripled Since 9/11

Name another POTUS, besides Clinton, that presided during a balanced budget, in the past 40 years.

Good for him, which isn't what we were discussing. The US debt increased under Clinton every year he was in office, the lowest year we added $18 billion. Again, we have not had a President since Coolidge lower the US debt.

He was the last actual conservative to be elected president

/—-/ Clinton, a conservative??? Maybe in in your Communist handbook he looks right wing.

Coolidge you dumbfuck. Learn how to read.

The debt went from $4.4 trillion when Clinton entered office and was at 5.796 when he left office. That is an increase in the US debt, is it not?

Here it is year by year. See How the U.S. Debt Tripled Since 9/11

Name another POTUS, besides Clinton, that presided during a balanced budget, in the past 40 years.

Good for him, which isn't what we were discussing. The US debt increased under Clinton every year he was in office, the lowest year we added $18 billion. Again, we have not had a President since Coolidge lower the US debt.

/—-/ Clinton, a conservative??? Maybe in in your Communist handbook he looks right wing.

/——/ By he, I thought you meant Clinton. My bad. I deleted it.

Last edited:
Federal tax payments by big businesses are falling much faster than anticipated in the wake of Republicans’ tax cuts, providing ammunition to Democrats who are calling for corporate tax increases.
The U.S. Treasury saw a 31 percent drop in corporate tax revenues last year, almost twice the decline official budget forecasters had predicted. Receipts were projected to rebound sharply this year, but so far they’ve only continued to fall, down by almost 9 percent or $11 billion.

Though business profits remain healthy and the economy is strong, total corporate taxes are at the lowest levels seen in more than 50 years.

Big businesses paying even less than expected under GOP tax law

But the frightening thing is that, despite all the sugar Trump and the Republicans have poured into the system, dark clouds continue to gather on the horizon. The economy looks set to slide into a recession with interest rates near record lows and corporations already basking in gifts even bigger than predicted. Any “stimulus” that happens to pull the U.S. out of this one, isn’t going to come through tax breaks for corporations. That well is already dry.

/——-/ Well dang, that is great news. The lower corporate taxes, the more competitive they are in the world market, more sales, more revenue, more hiring, more capital equipment and lower consumer prices. Incredible.

Uhm, except revenue keeps falling. That is the point that is being made. It's ok we are here to help ewe for the rest of the week.
Revenue isn't falling. What was lost from taxes on big businesses was made up for by increased revenues from individuals. The OP is deliberately misleading.

Postscript: Why are you an asshole?

Without fail people like you detest being treated as you treat others.

irony-meter.jpg

LOL, that's the same reason I treat you badly. You think your shit doesn't stink so I beat you about the head and shoulders with it, THEN you blame ME for YOU getting banned.

Golfing Gator

Wassamatta Jake?

You think golfing gator is Jake? Jake is an idiot, gator seems to be more on the ball than Jake.

He made the mistake of openly admitting it on another board.

^this is called admitting you were wrong. You should try it Gator :D

To be more accurate, no Republican president has balanced the budget in the past 50 years, no Democrat controlled congress has balanced the budget in the past 40 years. Now tell us who controls the purse strings.
/——/ The Ways and Means Committee

Nothing gets spent till the POTUS signs the bills. He is not an innocent bystander

/——/ Ever hear of libs screeching Gubmint Shutdown ?

Have you ever heard of the buck stops here?

You worshipers are so transparent, Obama was responsible for all 10 trillion dollars and Trump holds the blame for not one red cent.

/——/ What part of libs screaming that the Gubmint Shutdown is killing people? You know damn well all the presidents can do is veto a budget. They have no say in what goes on it. And you applaud when the media attacks the president. So stop playing stupid.
And he still bears responsibility when he fails to do so and signs it.

Stop releasing powerful politicians of their actions because other politicians said mean or false shit. That is politics and every single president plays the same game. If they believe in what they are doing then taking a little heat to solve some of the most difficult problems this nation currently faces is a very small price.

Unfortunately, there has not been a president with principals and balls in forever.

brothers and sisters:
Today marks the longest period in US history without an increase to the federal minimum wage since it's establishment in 1938. No one working full-time in this country should be living in poverty.

/——/ The Ways and Means Committee

Nothing gets spent till the POTUS signs the bills. He is not an innocent bystander

You worshipers are so transparent, Obama was responsible for all 10 trillion dollars and Trump holds the blame for not one red cent.

/——/ What part of libs screaming that the Gubmint Shutdown is killing people? You know damn well all the presidents can do is veto a budget. They have no say in what goes on it. And you applaud when the media attacks the president. So stop playing stupid.

Stop releasing powerful politicians of their actions because other politicians said mean or false shit. That is politics and every single president plays the same game. If they believe in what they are doing then taking a little heat to solve some of the most difficult problems this nation currently faces is a very small price.

Unfortunately, there has not been a president with principals and balls in forever.
/——/ Look how long the Trump shutdown lasted and democRATs refused to budge. Trump saw people getting hurst so he signed. Now give it up Bozo.

brothers and sisters:
Today marks the longest period in US history without an increase to the federal minimum wage since it's establishment in 1938. No one working full-time in this country should be living in poverty.

Guess someone needs to ask. Is that Obama's definition of full time or what most consider full time?

^this is called admitting you were wrong. You should try it Gator :D

When I am wrong I have no issue admitting as much.

brothers and sisters:

Today marks the longest period in US history without an increase to the federal minimum wage since it's establishment in 1938.

Perfect time to eliminate the federal minimum wage.

/——/ Look how long the Trump shutdown lasted and democRATs refused to budge. Trump saw people getting hurst so he signed. Now give it up Bozo.
Give up what? The concept of personal responsibility for your actions?

No, not giving that up. His job is to get shit done. He failed and continued the same bullshit process. You may want to pretend that someone else grabbed his hand and forced him to sign the bills but I refuse to cover for his own actions.

Federal tax payments by big businesses are falling much faster than anticipated in the wake of Republicans’ tax cuts, providing ammunition to Democrats who are calling for corporate tax increases.
The U.S. Treasury saw a 31 percent drop in corporate tax revenues last year, almost twice the decline official budget forecasters had predicted. Receipts were projected to rebound sharply this year, but so far they’ve only continued to fall, down by almost 9 percent or $11 billion.

Though business profits remain healthy and the economy is strong, total corporate taxes are at the lowest levels seen in more than 50 years.

But the frightening thing is that, despite all the sugar Trump and the Republicans have poured into the system, dark clouds continue to gather on the horizon. The economy looks set to slide into a recession with interest rates near record lows and corporations already basking in gifts even bigger than predicted. Any “stimulus” that happens to pull the U.S. out of this one, isn’t going to come through tax breaks for corporations. That well is already dry.

/——-/ Well dang, that is great news. The lower corporate taxes, the more competitive they are in the world market, more sales, more revenue, more hiring, more capital equipment and lower consumer prices. Incredible.

Uhm, except revenue keeps falling. That is the point that is being made. It's ok we are here to help ewe for the rest of the week.
Revenue isn't falling. What was lost from taxes on big businesses was made up for by increased revenues from individuals. The OP is deliberately misleading.

Exactly, corporations got the lions share of the tax cuts, therefore tax revenues from CORPORATIONS fell!!!!
MAGA!

Exactly, corporations got the lions share of the tax cuts, therefore tax revenues from CORPORATIONS fell!!!!
MAGA!
/——/ That's great News. More corporate tax cuts now

Are you an intern at the Ministry of Truth?

If not he should send Trump a bill for services rendered.

What he said was not really untrue though.

That is the problem when you do something like what Trump did and you have absolutely no internal convictions - Trump ran the second he thought he was going to lose supporters.

If he did things from a moral or logical center then he may actually find some convictions.

What he said was not really untrue though.

That is the problem when you do something like what Trump did and you have absolutely no internal convictions - Trump ran the second he thought he was going to lose supporters.

If he did things from a moral or logical center then he may actually find some convictions.

Trump is a narcissist, his only concern is himself. He has no other convictions.

MAGA!

This is pretty simple stuff, Aldo! If you got a hundred dollars in revenue from A (which are corporations) and fifty dollars in revenue from B (which are individual taxpayers) with the previous tax structure...then because of a tax structure, A gave you eighty dollars in revenue and B gave you eighty dollars in revenue...which tax structure brought in more revenue?

Forum List

Back