Corporate Tax Revenue Came In 31% Below Predictions, And It's Getting Worse

Federal tax payments by big businesses are falling much faster than anticipated in the wake of Republicans’ tax cuts, providing ammunition to Democrats who are calling for corporate tax increases.
The U.S. Treasury saw a 31 percent drop in corporate tax revenues last year, almost twice the decline official budget forecasters had predicted. Receipts were projected to rebound sharply this year, but so far they’ve only continued to fall, down by almost 9 percent or $11 billion.

Though business profits remain healthy and the economy is strong, total corporate taxes are at the lowest levels seen in more than 50 years.

Big businesses paying even less than expected under GOP tax law

But the frightening thing is that, despite all the sugar Trump and the Republicans have poured into the system, dark clouds continue to gather on the horizon. The economy looks set to slide into a recession with interest rates near record lows and corporations already basking in gifts even bigger than predicted. Any “stimulus” that happens to pull the U.S. out of this one, isn’t going to come through tax breaks for corporations. That well is already dry.

/——-/ Well dang, that is great news. The lower corporate taxes, the more competitive they are in the world market, more sales, more revenue, more hiring, more capital equipment and lower consumer prices. Incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Uhm, except revenue keeps falling. That is the point that is being made. It's ok we are here to help ewe for the rest of the week.
Revenue isn't falling. What was lost from taxes on big businesses was made up for by increased revenues from individuals. The OP is deliberately misleading.

Exactly, corporations got the lions share of the tax cuts, therefore tax revenues from CORPORATIONS fell!!!!
MAGA!

This is pretty simple stuff, Aldo! If you got a hundred dollars in revenue from A (which are corporations) and fifty dollars in revenue from B (which are individual taxpayers) with the previous tax structure...then because of a tax structure, A gave you eighty dollars in revenue and B gave you eighty dollars in revenue...which tax structure brought in more revenue?

Oh I get it. Thank God the corporations are paying less and we are paying more.

MAGA!!!

/——-/ Well dang, that is great news. The lower corporate taxes, the more competitive they are in the world market, more sales, more revenue, more hiring, more capital equipment and lower consumer prices. Incredible.

Uhm, except revenue keeps falling. That is the point that is being made. It's ok we are here to help ewe for the rest of the week.
Revenue isn't falling. What was lost from taxes on big businesses was made up for by increased revenues from individuals. The OP is deliberately misleading.

Exactly, corporations got the lions share of the tax cuts, therefore tax revenues from CORPORATIONS fell!!!!
MAGA!

This is pretty simple stuff, Aldo! If you got a hundred dollars in revenue from A (which are corporations) and fifty dollars in revenue from B (which are individual taxpayers) with the previous tax structure...then because of a tax structure, A gave you eighty dollars in revenue and B gave you eighty dollars in revenue...which tax structure brought in more revenue?

MAGA!!!
/—-/ Corporations pass tax increases on to the consumer in the form of higher prices and I don’t want to pay more for stuff so you feel better about yourself.

/——/ Ever hear of libs screeching Gubmint Shutdown ?

Have you ever heard of the buck stops here?

You worshipers are so transparent, Obama was responsible for all 10 trillion dollars and Trump holds the blame for not one red cent.

/——/ What part of libs screaming that the Gubmint Shutdown is killing people? You know damn well all the presidents can do is veto a budget. They have no say in what goes on it. And you applaud when the media attacks the president. So stop playing stupid.
And he still bears responsibility when he fails to do so and signs it.

Stop releasing powerful politicians of their actions because other politicians said mean or false shit. That is politics and every single president plays the same game. If they believe in what they are doing then taking a little heat to solve some of the most difficult problems this nation currently faces is a very small price.

Unfortunately, there has not been a president with principals and balls in forever.
/——/ Look how long the Trump shutdown lasted and democRATs refused to budge. Trump saw people getting hurst so he signed. Now give it up Bozo.

Are you an intern at the Ministry of Truth?
/——/ So tell us how Libs and the MSM reacted to the Trump Shutdown. Go ahead tinker bell

MAGA!

MAGA!!!
/—-/ Corporations pass tax increases on to the consumer in the form of higher prices and I don’t want to pay more for stuff so you feel better about yourself.

I see that prices have bottomed out on products and services since the cut,cut, cut! Oh that's right they haven't.
It really doesn't get more MAGA than that!
MAGA!

MAGA!

MAGA!!!

I see that prices have bottomed out on products and services since the cut,cut, cut! Oh that's right they haven't.
MAGA!
/——/ Not all corporations handle the tax savings the same, but they do pass tax hikes on to you and me, you dim bulb

Have you ever heard of the buck stops here?

You worshipers are so transparent, Obama was responsible for all 10 trillion dollars and Trump holds the blame for not one red cent.

/——/ What part of libs screaming that the Gubmint Shutdown is killing people? You know damn well all the presidents can do is veto a budget. They have no say in what goes on it. And you applaud when the media attacks the president. So stop playing stupid.

Stop releasing powerful politicians of their actions because other politicians said mean or false shit. That is politics and every single president plays the same game. If they believe in what they are doing then taking a little heat to solve some of the most difficult problems this nation currently faces is a very small price.

Unfortunately, there has not been a president with principals and balls in forever.
/——/ Look how long the Trump shutdown lasted and democRATs refused to budge. Trump saw people getting hurst so he signed. Now give it up Bozo.

/——/ So tell us how Libs and the MSM reacted to the Trump Shutdown. Go ahead tinker bell

The same way the Cons reacted to Obama's shutdown.

/——/ Agreed. So how does a president reel in excessive spending by himself when he is attacked by the media and opposition party? He really can’t. Reagan tried to get the line item veto but the USSC struck it down.

MAGA!

MAGA!!!

Do you understand WHY we're paying more? It's because we're MAKING more! I know this whole "ECONOMICS" thing is hard for you liberals to grasp but it's really not that complicated!

MAGA!

MAGA!!!

MAGA!
/——/ Not all corporations handle the tax savings the same, but they do pass tax hikes on to you and me, you dim bulb

Glad ewe admit that the greedy fucks do NOT pass savings in to the consumers numbnuts!

MAGA!

MAGA!!!

Do you understand WHY we're paying more? It's because we're MAKING more! I know this whole "ECONOMICS" thing is hard for you liberals to grasp but it's really not that complicated!

Glad to know ewe feel great about the middle class never getting ahead and your beloved corporations raping the working class even more
It just doesn't get more MAGA than that!
MAGA!!!!

/——/ Agreed. So how does a president reel in excessive spending by himself when he is attacked by the media and opposition party? He really can’t. Reagan tried to get the line item veto but the USSC struck it down.

Well, they could start by not submitting the largest budget request in history. Hard to say that the POTUS is against spending when he asked for more than anyone ever before him.

MAGA!!!

MAGA!

Glad ewe admit that the greedy fucks do NOT pass savings in to the consumers numbnuts!
/——/ Consumer prices don’t fall except when they do. U.S. consumer prices fall for first time in 9 months

MAGA!!!

MAGA!

/——/ Consumer prices don’t fall except when they do. U.S. consumer prices fall for first time in 9 months
Funny I keep getting COLA raises at wotk!

Well, they could start by not submitting the largest budget request in history. Hard to say that the POTUS is against spending when he asked for more than anyone ever before him.
/——/ Republican presidents always have to rebuild the military after democRATs destroy it. Hence the extra spending. BTW he’s cutting the size of Gubmint elsewhere Trump keeps his pledge to shrink size of government

MAGA!

/——-/ Are you bragging or complaining?

MAGA!

MAGA!!!

Glad to know ewe feel great about the middle class never getting ahead and your beloved corporations raping the working class even more
MAGA!!!!
/——/ Stand your ground, libtard. Stop using corporations’ products and services.

MAGA!

/——-/ Are you bragging or complaining?

Laughing at how gullible Tramptards are!
MAGA!

/——/ Republican presidents always have to rebuild the military after democRATs destroy it. Hence the extra spending. BTW he’s cutting the size of Gubmint elsewhere Trump keeps his pledge to shrink size of government

But he is still spending more money than ever before. Cutting one area and adding to another area does not count as spending.

Also, the DOD budget was not gutted as much as you like to pretend. The DOD budget under Obama was 190% more than under Bush II

MAGA!

MAGA!!!

MAGA!!!!
/——/ Stand your ground, libtard. Stop using corporations’ products and services.

I do my best to buy stuff that is American and union made, thank ewe for your concern Tramptard!

MAGA!!!

MAGA!!!!

I do my best to buy stuff that is American and union made, thank ewe for your concern Tramptard!
/—-/ You need to protest US corporate tax cuts. Only buy Chinese crap. Do your part to hurt US corporations.

Forum List

Back