Corporate Income Taxes

Boy, this doesn't look good.

:laugh:

Anyway, eliminate corporate income taxes and you'll see a flood of international and repatriated capital into our system, the likes of which no one has ever seen. The lefties won't admit this, of course, the last thing they want to do is take the boot off the throat of business and free enterprise -- the federal bureaucracy is far more trustworthy, ha ha -- but that's what would happen.

Won't happen, of course.

Oh bullshit! Corporations are sitting on $6 trillion in record profits and still we have no jobs.

And why do you suppose that is?

Why are corporations sitting on about $2T (not 6) of capital? It can't be that CEO's are overpaid, that money is not going to them.

Go ahead, lay your business economics expertise on us.

Strawman to Big Mac. Come in Big Mac.

So what you must, might or could be saying is that back in the day when America made everything and had an economy that was the envy of the world, that it was all because corporate tax rates were at zero?

Is that really the truth?

Demand for a companies goods or profits have very little to do with a companies decision to hire.

It'a all about the taxes they pay. Are you sure about that?

Straw Man out.

oops.

A companies goods or "services" was the correct word I was looking for.

And how does that happen? What's your plan for that?

Government subsidized infrastructure projects.

Nothing puts more people back to work quicker than the construction industry.

Are you referring to the "shovel ready projects" we were all so excited about, years back? The "shovel ready projects" that Obama later admitted didn't exist? Where did that money go?

I'll never understand this blind devotion to the bloated, corrupt, reliably inefficient federal bureaucracy. I know it will never go away, but I'll never understand it.

Oh bullshit! Corporations are sitting on $6 trillion in record profits and still we have no jobs.

And why do you suppose that is?

Why are corporations sitting on about $2T (not 6) of capital? It can't be that CEO's are overpaid, that money is not going to them.

Go ahead, lay your business economics expertise on us.

Strawman to Big Mac. Come in Big Mac.

So what you must, might or could be saying is that back in the day when America made everything and had an economy that was the envy of the world, that it was all because corporate tax rates were at zero?

Is that really the truth?

Demand for a companies goods or profits have very little to do with a companies decision to hire.

It'a all about the taxes they pay. Are you sure about that?

Straw Man out.

Well, we finally agree about your constant straw man usage.

Beautiful examples there, one after the other.

Play your little games with someone else, hump their leg for a while.

You could drop corporate taxes to ZERO (some companies already have) but they are not coming back on shore because the COST OF LABOR in the USA is about 10 times higher than the third world.
Then we offer incentives for manufacturing in this country and penalties for ones that don't.

Creating more 'special interests' along the way? :eusa_hand: Pass!

Everyone should know EXACTLY what rate their competition is paying because EVERYONE is paying the same rate with similar deductions for costs.

Fair and simple.
Fair and simple.​
Fair and simple.​
It's not rocket science, folks.

Yeah except no one pays 35%.
That's what is deducted from every paycheck I get.

Again no one pays 35% when it's all over Rightyloon. If you are then you are a moron who doesn't know how to fill out a tax return. See that used up so much less bandwidth.

Hey how about giving all that money you throw away to someone who needs it instead of the government. I can point you in the right direction.

Creating more 'special interests' along the way? :eusa_hand: Pass! .
That's not special interests. That's the government doing what it can to create jobs in this country.

Everyone should know EXACTLY what rate their competition is paying because EVERYONE is paying the same rate with similar deductions for costs.
I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Lower the corporate tax rate to 10% or 15%.

Don't tax overseas profits.

Disallow offshore tax avoidance.

Equalize the capital gains tax and dividend tax with the income tax.

Drop the estate tax.

Raise the income tax.

Cut spending.

I just solved all our problems.

Last edited:

Drop the estate tax.

Raise the income tax.

Cut spending.

Or, impose a Financial Transactions Tax on the trading of all Wall Street instruments.

Drop the estate tax.

Raise the income tax.

Cut spending.

Or, impose a Financial Transactions Tax on the trading of all Wall Street instruments.

That's a very bad idea.

Creating more 'special interests' along the way? :eusa_hand: Pass! .
That's not special interests. That's the government doing what it can to create jobs in this country.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

What I'm saying is that giving congress the power to customize taxes for special interests was a big mistake. Huge.

Fair and simple taxes, using fair and simple accounting practices would end half of the corruption going on in DC at this moment.

:dunno: Would YOU give a million dollars to the campaign of a congressman or senator who was powerless to assist you, your company and your industry with tax breaks? Me neither.

The other half, the fat contracts associated with the Military and Government Industrial Complex, would then be much easier to deal with.

The first generation to implement fair and simple taxes gets to watch their grandchildren reach for the stars.
:thup: True Story!​

What I'm saying is that giving congress the power to customize taxes for special interests was a big mistake. Huge.

Fair and simple taxes, using fair and simple accounting practices would end half of the corruption going on in DC at this moment.

:dunno: Would YOU give a million dollars to the campaign of a congressman or senator who was powerless to assist you, your company and your industry with tax breaks? Me neither.
I am of the position that it should be illegal for any corporation to have a voice in government.

I am of the position that it should be illegal for any corporation to have a voice in government.

I agree. That said, I think ANY restrictions on the political free speech of the employees and shareholders are unconstitutional.

Taking money out of politics is not the answer... The answer is removing the incentive to give. Congress has WAY too much power with their ability to customize the tax burden of their friends and supporters.

Forum List

Back