Cops Shoot a Blind AND Deaf Man in the Back - in His Own House

The family of a 25-year-old man with intellectual disabilities who was critically injured after Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies shot him at his Cudahy home called for justice Monday in downtown Los Angeles.

“We are hurt, we are angry,” Yadira Cervantes, the man’s sister, said. “My brother’s not a criminal. We are not criminals, we were treated like criminals in our own house.”

Attorneys said the family called authorities March 31 to help calm Isaias Cervantes, who is autistic, deaf and has intellectual disabilities. Attorney Austin Dove said Isaias was unarmed and, within three minutes after arriving at the home in Cudahy, two deputies body slammed him face forward on the ground and choked him.

“With all that, they’re claiming that Isaias was trying to disarm them…it’s physically impossible,” Dove said. “And so within these seconds, he’s shot in the back from point blank range.”

Wow. Absolute monsters.

They were in fear for their life. I mean so what if the guy autistic and deaf, he was a threat...or so they will say.
Someone thought he was a threat. They called the police. Cudahy is full of criminal invaders. Are any of these people here illegally? Why call the police? What did they expect the police to do?

The family of a 25-year-old man with intellectual disabilities who was critically injured after Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies shot him at his Cudahy home called for justice Monday in downtown Los Angeles.

“We are hurt, we are angry,” Yadira Cervantes, the man’s sister, said. “My brother’s not a criminal. We are not criminals, we were treated like criminals in our own house.”

Attorneys said the family called authorities March 31 to help calm Isaias Cervantes, who is autistic, deaf and has intellectual disabilities. Attorney Austin Dove said Isaias was unarmed and, within three minutes after arriving at the home in Cudahy, two deputies body slammed him face forward on the ground and choked him.

“With all that, they’re claiming that Isaias was trying to disarm them…it’s physically impossible,” Dove said. “And so within these seconds, he’s shot in the back from point blank range.”

Wow. Absolute monsters.
Doesn't add up. Why would sheriffs be sent on a call like that? Something's missing.
He's a 25 year old with the mental age age of a 6 year old. He was probably having a temper tantrum and the family wanted help calming him down.

The article also says he's deaf. If the deputies were masked he wouldn't have been able to read their lips and therefore he would be unable to comply with their commands.

Remember, the primary reason for the masks and lockdowns is to stifle communication.
Since he was blind he could not read lips anyway.

This man should have been institutionalized years ago. It looks like the family gave up dealing with him. They saw a way to unburden themselves AND make some money. They took it

Wow. Absolute monsters.
Doesn't add up. Why would sheriffs be sent on a call like that? Something's missing.
He's a 25 year old with the mental age age of a 6 year old. He was probably having a temper tantrum and the family wanted help calming him down.

The article also says he's deaf. If the deputies were masked he wouldn't have been able to read their lips and therefore he would be unable to comply with their commands.

Remember, the primary reason for the masks and lockdowns is to stifle communication.
Since he was blind he could not read lips anyway.

This man should have been institutionalized years ago. It looks like the family gave up dealing with him. They saw a way to unburden themselves AND make some money. They took it
:rolleyes:

Could you explain the reasoning that you used to come to the ridiculous conclusion that he was blind? :cuckoo:

There is no life situation that cannot be made worse by the presence of a Police Officer.

There is no life situation that cannot be made worse by the presence of an idiot.

Yes, I am referring to you. You should know full well that cops don't go out looking for people to kill, yet here you are perpetrating a falsehood that "cops make everything worse when they show up."

Fate forbid you actually have need a police officer for something.

Last edited:
Then I devoutly hope that you have never made anything "worse" by calling the police, and definitely recommend that you never, EVER call them for anything, ever.
I'll never call them.

Okay, cool. Can I come to your home unannounced? Perhaps to squat off your resources and bilk you for all you're worth? When you object and actually call the cops on me, I'll use those four words against you.

Good luck!

Be sure to put a sign on your lawn to that effect, so those nasty, evil cops know not to come and bother you.
Mind your own business Cecilie.

You put it out there on a public message board, which makes it my business, asshole. I'm not surprised to learn that someone who says stupid things like the above is also too stupid to know how message boards work.

Fate forbid you actually come needing a police officer for something.
Pray tell, what would I ever need a pig for?

You are inviting aggression upon you and your family by telling people you have no need of law enforcement. When you aren't making use of the police, people won't be afraid to hurt you or do you wrong. You'll have no legal recourse in the eyes of the law because you chose to vilify and demonize the police ... and act accordingly.

Okay, cool. Can I come to your home unannounced? Perhaps to squat off your resources and bilk you for all you're worth? When you object and actually call the cops on me, I'll use those four words against you.
You can certainly try.

And if I come armed? What will you do, get mad at the neighbor for calling the cops?

You're so full of crap it is utterly mesmerizing to behold.

Wow. Absolute monsters.
Ummm..if you gotta call cops to come "calm" your family member down---he is most certainly capable of harming other people. The cervantes family needs to stop lying and doing whatever drugs/alcohol that created a blind, deaf, mentally handicapped, autistic offspring which they have undoubtly received thousands upon thousands of taxpayer $$$ for.

There is no life situation that cannot be made worse by the presence of a Police Officer.

There is no life situation that cannot be made worse by the presence of an idiot.

Yes, I am referring to you. You should know full well that cops don't go out looking for people to kill, yet here you are perpetrating a falsehood that "cops make everything worse when they show up."

Fate forbid you actually have need a police officer for something.

Didn't you hear him? He declared that he would NEVER call them. But he gets his panties all in a wad and starts whining out impotent orders to "shut up" when I advise that he surrender the passive protection of the police afforded by criminals assuming that he would call them. I can only assume it's the ignorant arrogance of the leftist, thinking that because he's never been a victim, that MUST mean he will be perfectly safe forever, and the frustrated tantrum that comes of being called on it.

And if I come armed? What will you do, get mad at the neighbor for calling the cops?

You're so full of crap it is utterly mesmerizing to behold.
If you come armed I get to shoot you instead of beating you with an aluminum bat.

Ha, you know nothing, not if I shoot first. I can simply claim you were the aggressor, or that I was invited. Since there will be no cops, there would be nobody to corroborate what actually took place.

Do you realize the peril you put yourself in by taking such a foolish position?

Forum List

Back