Innocent Black Man Spent 50 Years in Prison, His Compensation Will Annoy The Hell out of You

Tragedy happens.

Adults get over it.

Those who refuse to grow up suck the victimhood tit forever.

Is that why Trump continues to whine about a fake stolen election for now going on 3 plus years?

I guess you give sucking on the tit of victimhood a pass when you are sharing the same tit

My reply was so damn far above your head it looked like an airliner at 35000 feet to you.
So do you believe racial bias in the criminal justice system is like a made up thing -- and when former presidents like Obama and Trump signed legislation to address this racial bias, they were wrong?

I am of the opinion “no one” goes from zero to false conviction to prison easily. Usually these guys have a long carreer of “violations”…..many times over decades.

my point, even on the “rare chance” this perp did not actually kill this guy, rest assured all of these type perps have gotten away with even worse than Charged with. Food for Superbadbrutha. No one goes to Prison for selling a $10 bag of gange.

There are not many Angels behind bars, but for J6 Patriots falsely accused first time offenders.
You're subhuman.

So do you believe racial bias in the criminal justice system is like a made up thing -- and when former presidents like Obama and Trump signed legislation to address this racial bias, they were wrong?

No I believe blacks commit far more crime than any other race and pay the price, accordingly. Stop committing crimes if you want to stop going to jail. 33% of all black adult men in America have a FELONY record. That's like HOLY FUCKING SHIT kinda numbers. Stay the fuck outta prison, stop blaming whitey for your god damned crimes.

Last edited:

Simmons' legal team alleges that retired Oklahoma City detective Claude Shobert and late Edmond detective Sgt. Anthony Garrett hid evidence that would have proven Simmons' innocence during an Edmond liquor store robbery.

"Garrett and Shobert suppressed the fact that they fabricated evidence and manipulated Brown’s identification; they never disclosed this information to (Simmons), his counsel, or the prosecutors," the attorneys wrote in the lawsuit. "(Simmons') arrest was based solely on the evidence suppressed and fabricated by Defendants Garrett and Shobert. There was never any probable cause to suspect (him) of the liquor store robbery and murder."

A man found guilty in a 1975 murder has spent what the National Registry of Exonerations calls the longest prison sentence on a wrongful conviction. Glynn Simmons, now 71 years old, was named a suspect in an armed robbery that left the clerk of a liquor store in Edmond, Okla. dead, according to the National Registry of Exonerations.

A witness to the incident and a patron who was shot but survived both told the police they couldn’t make out who the robbers were. However, somehow Simmons ended up getting swept into a lineup and was charged with both robbery and capital murder.

Simmons spent 48 years, one month and 18 days in prison—two of those years on death row, the registry noted.

Simmons’ co-defendant was released on parole back in 2008. And it wasn’t until this past July that Oklahoma County district attorney Vicki Behenna found prosecutors failed to turn over evidence in the case and the eyewitness identified multiple suspects in the crime. Behenna then declined to retry Simmons but left it to Oklahoma County District Judge Amy Palumbo to declare him innocent.

The ruling makes Simmons eligible for up to $175,000 in compensation from the state for wrongful conviction and opens the door for a federal lawsuit against Oklahoma City and law enforcement involved in Simmons’ arrest and conviction, defense attorney Joe Norwood said Wednesday.

We see this happen over and over to black men. Any Nword will do, the first one we find is guilty.

175.000 for spending 48yrs in prison for a crime you didn't commit, this is disgrace.

A fine example of the US Justice System and to think some of you Mod Edit: Clean Start are on here crying about Trump being mistreated.
Why would anyone be annoyed that overdue justice was finally done? Man, you guys are seriously obsessed with TRUMP!.

Simmons' legal team alleges that retired Oklahoma City detective Claude Shobert and late Edmond detective Sgt. Anthony Garrett hid evidence that would have proven Simmons' innocence during an Edmond liquor store robbery.

"Garrett and Shobert suppressed the fact that they fabricated evidence and manipulated Brown’s identification; they never disclosed this information to (Simmons), his counsel, or the prosecutors," the attorneys wrote in the lawsuit. "(Simmons') arrest was based solely on the evidence suppressed and fabricated by Defendants Garrett and Shobert. There was never any probable cause to suspect (him) of the liquor store robbery and murder."

If true, those detectives should be imprisoned for the rest of their lives, if they even are alive.

What has Detective Shobert said for himself? Has he denied the charges by the lawyers? Shouldn't he have his day in court before he is condemned? Of course, Sgt. Garrett has gone to his own reward, and will answer- if guilty- before the seat of Almighty God on the last day.

But I don't see where the taxpayers are liable for all of these millions. Just because this brother was inconvenienced, why should some old lady have to eat cat food to pay for this huge brouhaha that she had nothing to do with.

What has Detective Shobert said for himself? Has he denied the charges by the lawyers? Shouldn't he have his day in court before he is condemned? Of course, Sgt. Garrett has gone to his own reward, and will answer- if guilty- before the seat of Almighty God on the last day.

But I don't see where the taxpayers are liable for all of these millions. Just because this brother was inconvenienced, why should some old lady have to eat cat food to pay for this huge brouhaha that she had nothing to do with.

The taxpayers are the only remedy for a stolen life. The taxpayers paid the salaries of those involved. The perpetrators of this crime, were GOVERNMENT employees.

Were it up to me I would advocate the death penalty for government employees who engaged in that level of corruption. Provided the claims are true, of course.

Were it up to me I would advocate the death penalty for government employees who engaged in that level of corruption. Provided the claims are true, of course.

That's a "big if", if the claims are true.

All we have are allegations against someone who died and someone who is retired.

The question isn't just whether the fellow was actually innocent, but whether he was knowingly framed by the said government employees.

Aside from the self serving statements by lawyers looking to earn a very large fee, I haven't seen proof of this, only that its possible and even likely that the fellow didn't do it.

the attorneys wrote in the lawsuit.

Right. "HIS" attorneys stated. lol! Ever heard one say "they got it all right". What was this guys rap sheet like prior? You tell me they just woke up and went and pulled a Black outa the street corner and said "lets railroad him" this will be fun.

All we have are allegations against someone who died and someone who is retired.

The question isn't just whether the fellow was actually innocent, but whether he was knowingly framed by the said government employees.

Aside from the self serving statements by lawyers looking to earn a very large fee, I haven't seen proof of this, only that its possible and even likely that the fellow didn't do it.

That's why I said if it is true.

We DO know that government agents HAVE lied and sent innocent people to prison.

So the possibilities are very real.

Even if he was guilty as sin of the crime he was tried for, we can’t allow police and prosecutors to frame suspects. Examples need to be made of everyone involved at any level from secretaries to D.A.s. We need to make it plain to every person in law enforcement that even turning a blind eye to illegal conduct on the part of your fellows will result in severe penalties for everyone involved.

Forum List

Back