Cops Die Fast for Serving.

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
I came to my attention today. I have lost 12 people who I worked with. From the dates of death it seem very few ever make it more than 9 years after retirement. The shortest was six months after 30 years of service. Any other LEOs notice this. ?

I thought radar guns causing cancer was the big problem or so I have heard from from family and friends who were cops.

Retirement is not for everyone. Many people are married to their jobs, and when they leave it's like having a spouse die.

I knew a couple of hard-core CIA who didn't last long after retiring.

• Banned
I thought radar guns causing cancer was the big problem or so I have heard from from family and friends who were cops.
Yes they will cause cancer, the Leos who used them use to stick them in their laps while writing a ticket. Also the radios that are mounted on the lapel the RF can radiate when keyed. You eat alot of smoke at fires and the list is long.

• Banned
Retirement is not for everyone. Many people are married to their jobs, and when they leave it's like having a spouse die.

That true I never gave it any thought about the Feds. I suppose you get into a routine and if it changes it throws the whole system out of wack. I guess if you change jobs often it breaks up the routine. I found the same for people who serve long terms in the Military.

I came to my attention today. I have lost 12 people who I worked with. From the dates of death it seem very few ever make it more than 9 years after retirement. The shortest was six months after 30 years of service. Any other LEOs notice this. ?
They don't die soon enough.

That true I never gave it any thought about the Feds. I suppose you get into a routine and if it changes it throws the whole system out of wack. I guess if you change jobs often it breaks up the routine. I found the same for people who serve long terms in the Military.
This happens to all walks of life. Retirement is only for the bold. I have never known any one to survive it. People need to feel usefull when this ends attitudes turn dark and this is unhealthy for the heart and other organs. The moral of the story here is to continue to do things after work. Get into hunting and fishing or golf. Stay active and with people. I was talking to a retired cop the other day. I use to hunt with him when I was a kid. I fished with him also. I offered to do some fishing with him but he said he no longer hunted or fished. I tried hard to recruit him back out side but no good. I even had the advantage of both his sons being the people I do most my hunting and fishing with these days. Did not help. I am going target shooting with him over christmas. I just wish those targets would run and taste good. I find it hard to recruit people out doors these days. I started a hunting and fishing thread and the only person to comment was bear. I was expecting some fish photos and some deer photos. Nothing!

Forum List

Back