Cop in unmarked car doing 81 in a 40 kills man - Look for him to walk scot-free

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
We all know what will happen. They'll charge him but when the case comes up 2 years from now, the public will have forgotten about it and the police will say the evidence was lost or destroyed in a fire and all charges will be dismised.

Glendale PD: Deputy going 41 mph over speed limit before crash - CBS 5 - KPHO

March 17, 2014 GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

The driver of an unmarked Maricopa County Sheriff's Office SUV was traveling 41 mph faster than the speed limit seconds before it T-boned a Nissan Cube and killed the driver in December.

A crash reconstruction by the Glendale Police Department showed Deputy Sean Pearce was going 81 mph in a 40 mph zone just prior to slamming on his brakes and colliding with the Cube driven by John Edward Harding, 63, of Glendale, according to a Glendale police report obtained by CBS 5 News on Monday.

Pearce, a 20-year veteran of the MCSO and the son of former state Sen. Russell Pearce, and Deputy David Parra were in separate unmarked vehicles and responding to a report that a murder suspect was on the move.

Harding's widow, Nohemi Harding, learned from CBS 5 News the results of the report and said she wants justice for her husband.

"I don't know what he was thinking," she said. "I mean, he's the king of the road or what? He can do anything he wants because he's a policeman?"

Neither sheriff's vehicle was equipped with emergency lights, according to the report.

Glendale detectives have submitted the case to the county attorney's office requesting manslaughter charges be filed against Pearce, something Harding's widow would like to see.

"I have a concern that he may not get charged because of who he is - a policeman - and because he's the son of an ex-senator," said Nohemi Harding.

• Banned
No one believes this story that the cop was after a murder suspect but even if true, he was still in the wrong to speed. Cops can speed only if in a cop car and with siren and flashing lights on.

We all know what will happen. They'll charge him but when the case comes up 2 years from now, the public will have forgotten about it and the police will say the evidence was lost or destroyed in a fire and all charges will be dismised.
The surveillance video has gone viral. They certainly will not be able to say the evidence was lost or destroyed.

glendale deputy going 81 mph - YouTube

No one believes this story that the cop was after a murder suspect but even if true, he was still in the wrong to speed. Cops can speed only if in a cop car and with siren and flashing lights on.

You are correct, no lights or siren and he must obey the laws of the road. He knew that from his training. There is no excuse. At a minimum he is guilty of vehicular manslaughter. PERIOD

SS is right, he won't be held accountable no matter WHAT evidence they provide. There may be a conviction but it will be overturned by some cop-friendly judge in the middle of some other crisis when public attention is on something else.

The driver of an unmarked Maricopa County Sheriff's Office SUV was traveling 41 mph faster than the speed limit seconds before it T-boned a Nissan Cube and killed the driver in December.

A crash reconstruction by the Glendale Police Department showed Deputy Sean Pearce was going 81 mph in a 40 mph zone just prior to slamming on his brakes and colliding with the Cube driven by John Edward Harding, 63, of Glendale, according to a Glendale police report obtained by CBS 5 News on Monday.

Pearce, a 20-year veteran of the MCSO and the son of former state Sen. Russell Pearce, and Deputy David Parra were in separate unmarked vehicles and responding to a report that a murder suspect was on the move.

Harding's widow, Nohemi Harding, learned from CBS 5 News the results of the report and said she wants justice for her husband.

"I don't know what he was thinking," she said. "I mean, he's the king of the road or what? He can do anything he wants because he's a policeman?"

Neither sheriff's vehicle was equipped with emergency lights, according to the report.

Glendale detectives have submitted the case to the county attorney's office requesting manslaughter charges be filed against Pearce, something Harding's widow would like to see.

"I have a concern that he may not get charged because of who he is - a policeman - and because he's the son of an ex-senator," said Nohemi Harding.

"and responding to a report that a murder suspect was on the move."

Easy enough thing to verify. If they were code 2 (no lights or sirens) it was an accident.

The officer was driving an unmarked Chevy Tahoe which was not equipped with lights or a siren. It was an unfortunate accident.

P.S. Police may have been able to suppress evidence 30+ years ago prior to the internet and cellphones but not today. Today, police are not answerable to themselves; they are answerable to the public.

http://www.kpho.com/story/25022632/surveillance-cameras-capture

Last edited:

Sometimes cops have to step on the pedal but I think ALL law enforcement vehicles should have sirens and lights.

"and responding to a report that a murder suspect was on the move."

Easy enough thing to verify. If they were code 2 (no lights or sirens) it was an accident.

Accident? Yes, but I believe that the officer should be more cognizant of his surroundings. He's responsible for the death of an innocent life. Ironically, he was in the process of trying to apprehend a person accused of a wrongful death. If saving lives and protecting the public was this man's purpose in life then he should have been FAR more careful. Whatever the case, it's a tragic story and many lives will be changed forever.

Sometimes cops have to step on the pedal but I think ALL law enforcement vehicles should have sirens and lights.
I agree even if it is simply a portable vehicle light similar to the teardrop-shaped flashing red light Kojak would slap on top his unmarked vehicle.

Accident? Yes, but I believe that the officer should be more cognizant of his surroundings. He's responsible for the death of an innocent life. Ironically, he was in the process of trying to apprehend a person accused of a wrongful death.

Oh bs. That crap about hunting down a murderer is the kind of lie cops always say when something like this happens. Stop believing everything the govt tells you.

...and a governor not allowing them to exceed 60MPH unless said lights and siren are ON!

Accident? Yes, but I believe that the officer should be more cognizant of his surroundings. He's responsible for the death of an innocent life. Ironically, he was in the process of trying to apprehend a person accused of a wrongful death.

Oh bs. That crap about hunting down a murderer is the kind of lie cops always say when something like this happens. Stop believing everything the govt tells you.

I'm sort of a fact oriented person. I don't know all the facts (and perhaps you don't either). Someone else posted that it wouldn't be too hard to verify the story that the cop was tracking a murder suspect. I can't really see any other reason that a cop in an unmarked vehicle would be traveling so fast if it wasn't job-related. My brother was a cop and he was an honest man and sometimes he had to drive fast. Not all cops are automatically guilty of something just because you don't like cops.

out here Janklow was sentenced to spend 100 days in jail for second-degree manslaughter

Bill Janklow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[

. Someone else posted that it wouldn't be too hard to verify the story that the cop was tracking a murder suspect. I can't really see any other reason that a cop in an unmarked vehicle would be traveling so fast if it wasn't job-related.

HAHAHA. You brainless jackass!! You saying people never speed unless it's an emergency?? uranidiot

Forum List

Back