Convince Atheists

Nope, not reasonable at all.

LOL! Relativism on Parade.

In nearly every facet of modern life, we see and otherwise sense the rot of relativism. And the above 'contribution', is a classic example of just that and that is in large measure the problem with the anti-theists. They are incapable of objective reason.

The exact opposite is true, of course.

Thank you for the confirmation.

While validation is never required for sound argument, it is always nice to have.

And I want you to know GT, that it is clear to me that you are doing the very BEST you can. Keep trying. Sooner or later the odds of probability require that you will stumble into a valid point and, won't that be nice for everyone?

A discussion/argument on a message board will not convince an atheist that God exists. It will take a personal experience to do so.

[ame=http://youtu.be/kWjlkm5g-Tk]OhGod.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Nope, not reasonable at all.

LOL! Relativism on Parade.

In nearly every facet of modern life, we see and otherwise sense the rot of relativism. And the above 'contribution', is a classic example of just that and that is in large measure the problem with the anti-theists. They are incapable of objective reason.

How dare you accuse us of that when that is what you guys do.

Objective? not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Think about it. You've/We all have been/were brainwashed with this god from when we were too young to think rationally or logically.

You guys believe because you WANT to believe. WANT. In other words, your belief is emotion based. You believe despite the lack of evidence. Just like my dad who can't believe there is no god. No proof is needed. He just can't imagine there isn't one. Is that being objective or using logical reasoning? Hell no it isn't.

And atheists put all their emotions aside when we consider if there is a god. We even ask you to not threaten us with eternal hell when you try to convince us but many of you can't help it.

If threatening people with hell is what you call objective reasoning, go fuck yourselves.

Atheist are simply unconvinced after hearing your arguments.

"HOW DARE YOU?" If you are that easily offended, maybe you should go back to your little discussion group where everyone agrees with each other.

A discussion/argument on a message board will not convince an atheist that God exists. It will take a personal experience to do so.

OhGod.wmv - YouTube

LOL! Great clip.

I used to do ... . You know what I'm going to just do it. I think you'll enjoy it.

Dah... I couldn't find it, must be on another drive. No worries, I'll recreate it here:

Imagine that you're walking along and suddenly, everything around you freezes... you remain wholly animated, lucid and free to move; but all around you, every other facet of your existence is apparently frozen.

Before you appears another person... nondescript; whatever would appear to you as something you could never be threatened by, would instinctively trust and not confuse as someone with whom you have some experience or would have ever known.

This person's voice is calm and invokes comfort, confidence and trust. They explain to you that you are safe, will not be harmed, that your consciousness has been accelerated to perceive them in a span of time for which, ordinarily, your brain is incapable of accounting. That the events that you're presently witnessing are occurring within a infinitesimal moment of your life, an otherwise imperceptible sliver of a second.

You find yourself calm, without fear or concern and wonder who this is and why they are speaking to you, but while you do not know them, you trust them.

The person then informs you that they are God and have come to you to assure you that they exist, that you are their child and that they're there to answer all of your questions, so that you can from the next moment, spend the rest of your life on this earth, knowing the truth and live your life free of worry and want.

It then gives you the opportunity to ask it whatever you will, answers all of your greatest curiosities, tells you who shot Kennedy; allowing you to see it as it happened, listening to all of the various discussions leading up to it... you experience JFKs thoughts in his final moments; along with the thoughts of all of the respective players, relevant to his life at that moment; you understand... .

You're on the Moon with Armstrong and Aldrin. You're in the head of Elvis, when he expires, you see him wherever he is at that moment. You experience the building of the great Pyramids... you're stepping out of a wooden launch onto a cold rocky shoreline, with you are members of your congregation, as you realize you have arrived at the end of your long journey... .

You witness the unimaginable light breaking the darkness at the moment our Universe is created.

EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know... you witness cold, lifeless matter morphing into anything you imagine, you instinctively understand the composition of sub-molecular space/time, comprehending the nature of nature at levels you could have never before imagined; THE UNIVERSE is made known to you; you know the meaning of life itself.

Then, as quickly as it came, without missing a step, your environment is reanimated... you recall the events entirely, everything you experienced is fully intact in your mind.

ASSUMING that such occurred to you: Now what?

Last edited:

While validation is never required for sound argument, it is always nice to have.

And I want you to know GT, that it is clear to me that you are doing the very BEST you can. Keep trying. Sooner or later the odds of probability require that you will stumble into a valid point and, won't that be nice for everyone?
Dont get pissy with me because you cannot produce a well reasoned proof for the existence of a deity, chucky.

there's no burden on these shoulders to prove the negative. Im perfectly sitting atop sound judgment in my agnosticism, the position cannot be defeated rationally.

Dont get pissy with me because you cannot produce a well reasoned proof for the existence of a deity, chucky.

there's no burden on these shoulders to prove the negative. Im perfectly sitting atop sound judgment in my agnosticism, the position cannot be defeated rationally.

LOL! Please show where I have asked for a negative to be proven. And please do so in SPECIFIC TERMS.

(The reader should know that from this point, there will be no evidence forthcoming, wherein it will be shown that I have asked for a negative to be proven. At best, there will be a few snarky comments which leans entirely upon deflection and obfuscation.

Enjoy... . )

Please show where I said that you asked me to prove the negative.

Ill wait.

I can do inane derp shit too, but its kind of a waste of bandwidth.

Please show where I said that you asked me to prove the negative.

Ill wait.

I can do inane derp shit too, but its kind of a waste of bandwidth.

... there's no burden on these shoulders to prove the negative. ...

Now that's you stating that you were being forced to prove a negative, right? And it was from THERE, that I challenged you to show where I required you to prove a negative... in which I noted that you would not only be unable to do so, but that you would return to obscure and otherwise deflect from the point?

Folks... please understand, I am not God. I simply appear God-like when I am in proximity to this level of evil.

I trust everyone will understand that.

And GT, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

No, I did not state that I was being forced to do anything.

Nice fail. But the best fails are the ones done so cocky like yours was. So, great fail.

No, I did not state that I was being forced to do anything.

Nice fail. But the best fails are the ones done so cocky like yours was. So, great fail.

ROFLMNAO!

So... this isn't you:

... there's no burden on these shoulders to prove the negative. ...

I gotta say, it sure looks like you. There's your user-name, which is, in effect YOU SIGNING THAT IT WAS YOU! Did you lie to yourself, again!???

(It is as IF this discussion is not SET IN WRITING, AND READILY AVAILABLE FOR ALL TO READ!)

LOL! Adorable... .

Last edited:
So explaining that I have no burden to prove a negative is the same thing as saying I'm being forced to prove a negative?

Thats fuzzy math, charlie. You might want to run that one through the calculator one more time.

Oh, and by the way........

Boo!

Are you always doing this nit picky waste of time shit with your Saturdays? It seems so small world.

It was fun and all, dont get me wrong, but gawl dang jethro. The ocd to argue over the inane could wind up costing you precious life minutes.

Are you always doing this nit picky waste of time shit with your Saturdays? It seems so small world.

It was fun and all, dont get me wrong, but gawl dang jethro. The ocd to argue over the inane could wind up costing you precious life minutes.

Yes, I am picking the specific nit, wherein you claimed something that was demonstrably FALSE, to be true.

A nit which you apparently and erroneously felt was a demonstration of wit.

But, as usual, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

I never claimed something that was not true.

Ever.

I win.

Derp derp, spiddle. (Gee this is teh fun gaz)

I never claimed something that was not true.

Ever.

I win.

Derp derp, spiddle. (Gee this is teh fun gaz)

You not only did so... you just did it AGAIN!

And with that, I AGAIN duly note your most recent concession and summarily accept such.

Your synapses misfiring is not my problem. I dont think ive ever once lost my keys, either. I win.

Again.

Forum List

Back