Constitutional Rights Have Limits

Roe v Wade was a bad ruling. The Constitution does not even mention abortion.
Whatever eyou may think of Roe, it is settled law.
A Texas law which ignored it was upheld by the Supreme ct and a direct challenge to it is now before the court.
You contradict yourself.
If the USSC upheld the TX abortion ban, then it the TX abortion ban would not be now before the court.
Unless, I suppose, some appeals court overturned the ban and the state appealed to the USSC - in which case, the court would overturn the appeals court.
But that's not the case.

The guarrantee of freedom of religion does not cover human sacrifice or multiple wives or use of dangerous drugs.

The right to bear arms does not cover bombs or machine guns or flame throwers or artillery. Private citizens may not own fighter jets or missiles.

The right of free speech does not protect Perjury, Obstruction of justice, extortion, obscenity or liable or slander.

These limits set forth in statutes or case law.
Well you're wrong on every point. I can buy and legally possess anything other than a nuclear weapon, I just have to fill out the paperwork and pay the tax to do so.

Our right end only where they conflict with the rights of others, nothing in our constitution allows for any other position.

My owning firearms of any type and bearing them publicly does not infringe on anyone's rights.

My ownership of an M2 machinegun and shooting it off regularly on public or private ranges does not infringe on anyone's rights.

You are clueless boob and partisan hack.

Just like the right to an abortion - it is neither unlimited or absolute, as set forth by Roe v Wade and the cases that followed.
There is no Constitutional right to have an abortion. There is a SCOTUS decision “finding” the right. And sure. It’s right there in invisible ink penumbra clauses.

So was Dred Scott for a while. Bad case decisions aren’t immune from reconsideration. Seriously. When looked at in that light, the proper question might be: “WTF does ‘settled law’ even mean?” A legal issue got raised. It got litigated and argued. A decision was rendered. I guess it means, “ok, that’s settled., now.”

But it really isn’t, necessarily. Just like those who oppose the Roe v. Wade decision are hopeful that it will get repudiated soon, so too any number of liberals want a SCOTUS decision they disagree with to be overturned (consider Citizens United, for example).

There is no Constitutional right to have an abortion. There is a SCOTUS decision “finding” the right. And sure. It’s right there in invisible ink penumbra clauses.
They couldn't find one no matter how far and wide they looked so they simply made it up.

You contradict yourself.
If the USSC upheld the TX abortion ban, then it the TX abortion ban would not be now before the court.
Unless, I suppose, some appeals court overturned the ban and the state appealed to the USSC - in which case, the court would overturn the appeals court.
But that's not the case.

If it were "settled law" the dem's wouldn't make overturning RvW every time a seat opens up.

Yeah, go for it. Just as long as she gets at least one that can cook-n-clean so the rest can go off hunting and what not. ;)
Happiness is having a woman who cooks, who cleans, and who fucks like the devil. As long as none of them find out about the others.

The guarrantee of freedom of religion does not cover human sacrifice or multiple wives or use of dangerous drugs.

The right to bear arms does not cover bombs or machine guns or flame throwers or artillery. Private citizens may not own fighter jets or missiles.

The right of free speech does not protect Perjury, Obstruction of justice, extortion, obscenity or liable or slander.

These limits set forth in statutes or case law.
As usual another gun grabber that has no idea of what he is talking about.

There are machine gun shooting events in our nation.

cannon shooting events.

civilians can own tanks.

and jet fighters.

yes, you can own a flamethrower.

As usual another gun grabber that has no idea of what he is talking about.

There are machine gun shooting events in our nation.

cannon shooting events.

civilians can own tanks.

and jet fighters.

yes, you can own a flamethrower.

Their party is crowded with fools, liars and the developmentally disabled.

If the constitution was a recipe it would be a food you'll never get to eat. You might be able to make variations and similar tasting dishes or meals but you'll never get to have the real thing.

Thats what being American is like. You got this shit scrap of paper with a bunch of words on it but it doesn't really mean shit and doesn't really do anything for you. Thats the dream part of being American. That's why they call it the American dream. It's a fairy tale and it can't come true.

You fairies can keep on believin, but I'm gonna move on.

Last edited:
Roe v Wade was a bad ruling. The Constitution does not even mention abortion. A Texas law which ignored it was upheld by the Supreme ct and a direct challenge to it is now before the court.
The Constitution doesn't mention lots of things which is the reason for the Ninth Amendment

Forum List

Back