Constitutional Rights Have Limits

I live in Florida. I know several people in Florida who legally own fully automatic rifles.

If you want the actual text of the law, hire an attorney.
You can't do research?

Well; the perspective is this person has never actually defended her life or anyone Elses and is simply a big mouth! Looks for a handout every week from her employers. Yep! Its mental health deary not the inanimate firearm that's to blame. They will harm you with whatever they have at their disposal, knife, car, truck Bulldozer, they don't give a crap about your beliefs. Look at all the Liberal States with huge anti 2nd amendment anti hate laws to see what is happening in them. Yep, they are wrong and its mental health not the gun. So, pull out your $$$ billions and get mental health treatment.

Sheriffs have a tough job to do without the Mentals creating mayhem no matter how those choose to cause it.
An LEO once said there is no way to understand the mind of the mentally ill if he wants to do harm to ya.

Last edited:
No it isn't. The Bill of Rights are limitations on GOVERNMENT.
Yes it is. It says so in Article 6.

The Bill of Rights (and all of the Amendments) are part of the Constitution. Yes, they represent natural rights and yes, they put limitations on the government, but they are still laws that do these things.

You're also correct that they have few limitations, but that means that they have *some* limitations, and can have more if Congress votes for them. That's what they did in 1934 when they decided that, even though we have a Second Amendment, Tommy guns and others like them were just too dangerous, and put them behind the Class 3 License requirements. The Supreme Court approved it, and it was even built upon several more times.

So yes, Congress can pass laws limiting gun ownership if they want. Whether they will any time soon, and whether it will get past the 6-3 conservative Supreme Court, is anyone's guess, but they *can*.

You're also correct that they have few limitations, but that means that they have *some* limitations, and can have more if Congress votes for them. That's what they did in 1934 when they decided that, even though we have a Second Amendment, Tommy guns and others like them were just too dangerous, and put them behind the Class 3 License requirements. The Supreme Court approved it,....
This is false. Miller had nothing to do with machine guns.
Had it, given its ruling, they would have struck the registration and tax stamp requirement found in the law.
So yes, Congress can pass laws limiting gun ownership if they want.
Yes. Congress -can- pass laws it knows violate the constitution.
Why would it?

You can't do research?
I do research when I wish, not when someone wants me to do it for free.

Plus as I said that I know people who legally have fully auto weapons in Florida. I fired an UZI at a range a couple of years ago that belong to a cop. I was able to stay on the target using 2 and 3 round bursts.

Fully automatic weapons are fun to shoot but expensive to own and expensive to use as they consume ammo at a rapid rate.

I do research when I wish, not when someone wants me to do it for free.

Plus as I said that I know people who legally have fully auto weapons in Florida. I fired an UZI at a range a couple of years ago that belong to a cop. I was able to stay on the target using 2 and 3 round bursts.

Fully automatic weapons are fun to shoot but expensive to own and expensive to use as they consume ammo at a rapid rate.

I own legal machine guns as well. And yes, they are expensive!

When will we stop Stereotyping our beautiful people! It goes for all of us in our wonderful Country. Why do our Citizens do what they do to each other when there is always a peaceful way to close out all things.

We all know the risks of our jobs be it Production or protection. We go thru tons of training. The innocent individual most likely likes puter games or videos.

Immediately disqualifies all Politician's, Lawyers or any member of their family, employees or friends from owning a firearm of any type. ......The whole bunch are o pack of lying crooks. Of course, all who have done law schools, public appointed officials are included.

Last edited:

Immediately disqualifies all Politician's, Lawyers or any member of their family, employees or friends from owning a firearm of any type. ......The whole bunch are o pack of lying crooks. Of course, all who have done law schools, public appointed officials are included.
From the link:
"Republicans and conservative media figured opposed to gun reform were quick to argue that these shootings were proof that California’s strict gun laws are ineffective, but the fact remains that the state has one of the lowest rates of gun deaths in the country, giving it a 37% lower rate of gun deaths than the country’s average. In Mississippi, Wyoming and Missouri ― three states with some of the country’s most lax gun laws ― the rate of gun deaths is about triple that of California."

And that link in turn: "Firearm mortality by state."

1675450305929.png

Check out what a bright shade of yellow California is.

From the link:
"Republicans and conservative media figured opposed to gun reform were quick to argue that these shootings were proof that California’s strict gun laws are ineffective, but the fact remains that the state has one of the lowest rates of gun deaths in the country...
How does CA's gun-related murder rate hold up to the other 49 states?
Why do several states with effectively zero gun contron laws of their own (NH ME VT) have significantly lower gun-realted murder rates?

Gun "death" rate includes suicide, which has little or nothing to do with gun control laws.

I was following his own link, his own rules.

But wait, suicide by firearm has little or nothing to do with gun control?

So someone who is borderline suicidal isn't going to find it a lot easier to do, in a state in which guns are readily available and easy to get?

Are you kidding?

So someone who is borderline suicidal isn't going to find it a lot easier to do, in a state in which guns are readily available and easy to get?

Are you kidding?

Hop in a car and crash into something. Hanging. Jumping. Japan has NO guns and a higher suicide rate, dumbass.

Gun control only affects suicide when the person in question does not have a gun, cannot legally get a gun., and is unwilling to kill himself with something other than a gun.
Thus, my statement stands: Suicide has nothing to do with gun control.

So, I ask again:

How does CA's gun-related murder rate hold up to the other 49 states?
Why do several states with effectively zero gun control laws of their own (NH ME VT) have significantly lower gun-realted murder rates?

The guarrantee of freedom of religion does not cover human sacrifice or multiple wives or use of dangerous drugs.

The right to bear arms does not cover bombs or machine guns or flame throwers or artillery. Private citizens may not own fighter jets or missiles.

The right of free speech does not protect Perjury, Obstruction of justice, extortion, obscenity or liable or slander.

These limits set forth in statutes or case law.

Almost a year old now, this post is very limited, the title very misleading.

Forum List

Back