Constitutional Rights and freedoms lost or diluted

Free speech. - Industrial Corporate Monoplies have decided on a grand scale what can and cant be said in a public domain. You no longer have free speech

Right to bear arms. - This was originally written so the American people would always have a military means to take back their govt. If it got out of hand Now your govt tells you what type of guns you can have. Your right to bear arms is being diluted every day

Freedom of the press. - In todays world the press is monopolized by only a few entities. Suprisingly all with monetary ties to govt. and any new press that goes against the grain is labled fake and removed. You do not have freedom of the press.

Right to home privacy against illegal search. Nowdays they can use spy technology inside your home without securing a warrent based upon court approved probable cause. NSA post 911. You do not have a right to privacy from home invasion. Not to mention what will happen if the military gets involved with contact tracing and vaccines

Freedom of religion. This is an easy one in so many areas. If you look at it legally the govt has mandated it has to be a religion that was well established before a certain date or it is invalid as a religion. (Cant remember the date) And even then its iffy. Like. can i gather a congregation together during lockdowns even of we believe we can and can i refuse vaccinating myself upon my religous belief. Also as a religion. You must file your religion with an IRS form under the govt. Your freedom of religion is mandated. Not eber really seperated from the state as it answers to the greater power the IRS. And its individual freedoms are subject to the current govt approval.

Would anyone like to add to this list? Im sure we have lost the entire constitution line by line in various ways especially in the last 20 years since 911 and homeland security which mandated a removal of our rights based on the fear of constant terrorist attacks on American soil which never manifested themselves yet the freedoms remain forever lost.
Anyone add to this list of constitutional rights and freedoms lost?

Nonsense. You have every right to say what you wish via your own forum.

Its analogous to say, the free press. Someone with a printing press can disseminate their views more rapidly than someone without one. Someone with a printing press and a wide, self sustaining distribution network (like a major paper) has an even greater capacity to disseminate their views.

However, neither scenario infringes on YOUR right to free speech. You can say what you wish, print your own paper, pass out pamphets, whatever you like. Your rights aren't defined by the capabilities of someone else. But instead, by what you can do.

Similarly, Facebook has has built a larger distribution network than you have. That doesn't infringe your right to free speech in the slightest. You can still create your own website and say whatever you wish.

Your 1st amendment rights have nothing to do with Facebook. If you want to know who the 1st amendment limits, look no farther than the 1st word in the 1st amendment.

Last edited:
No they dont owe me a yard. But I have yhe right to own one. if i have one they need to stay out of it even if they dont like what im saying.
So name names and state your specific beef or quit crying like a stuck pig for mercy's sake.

Cut the crap. The government may have compelling reasons to be on your lawn just as you may have on theirs.
Im not the one crying like a stuck pig
But you'll admit to being hopelessly vague?
I dont know how it was vague. I have the right to own my own private property and the right to my free speech from said property.
I also have the right to my own website and my own free speech. Regardless whether you like it or not. You dont have to go there.
Why is this a problem. I think trying to lable my persona is getting in the way of what i said.
Why are people against me having rights
Who? Name names. Be specific.
No. Your just trying to.muddy waters. I have rights. Others say inapropriatly i am looking for govt handouts which isnt true. Since when is an individual right a govt handout. My rights are not handouts. And i didnt say i wanted the govt to give me a yard. Etc. Anything . That was said incorrectly before too.
I am 60 years old and have worked for my living since i was a youmg buck. Never thought anyone should give me anything. Always wanted to male my own and worked very hard Just said i had the right to my own web space amd freedom of speech in America. You crawl back up through the thread if you missed it. Sorry

Facebook has has built a larger distribution network than you have. That doesn't infringe your right to free speech in the slightest. You can still create your own website and say whatever you wish.
Indeed. You might even reach some other people with it. If.. you're lucky!

Facebook has has built a larger distribution network than you have. That doesn't infringe your right to free speech in the slightest. You can still create your own website and say whatever you wish.
Indeed. You might even reach some other people with it. If.. you're lucky!

No one has a constitutional right to a successful distribution network. Especially one that someone else made.

You have a right to be free from congressional infringment of your speech. And depending on your interpretation of the due process clause of the 14th amendment, free from state infringement of your speech as well.

Free speech. - Industrial Corporate Monoplies have decided on a grand scale what can and cant be said in a public domain. You no longer have free speech

Right to bear arms. - This was originally written so the American people would always have a military means to take back their govt. If it got out of hand Now your govt tells you what type of guns you can have. Your right to bear arms is being diluted every day

Freedom of the press. - In todays world the press is monopolized by only a few entities. Suprisingly all with monetary ties to govt. and any new press that goes against the grain is labled fake and removed. You do not have freedom of the press.

Right to home privacy against illegal search. Nowdays they can use spy technology inside your home without securing a warrent based upon court approved probable cause. NSA post 911. You do not have a right to privacy from home invasion. Not to mention what will happen if the military gets involved with contact tracing and vaccines

Freedom of religion. This is an easy one in so many areas. If you look at it legally the govt has mandated it has to be a religion that was well established before a certain date or it is invalid as a religion. (Cant remember the date) And even then its iffy. Like. can i gather a congregation together during lockdowns even of we believe we can and can i refuse vaccinating myself upon my religous belief. Also as a religion. You must file your religion with an IRS form under the govt. Your freedom of religion is mandated. Not eber really seperated from the state as it answers to the greater power the IRS. And its individual freedoms are subject to the current govt approval.

Would anyone like to add to this list? Im sure we have lost the entire constitution line by line in various ways especially in the last 20 years since 911 and homeland security which mandated a removal of our rights based on the fear of constant terrorist attacks on American soil which never manifested themselves yet the freedoms remain forever lost.

Its analogous to say, the free press. Someone with a printing press can disseminate their views more rapidly than you can. Someone with a printing press and a wide, self sustaining distribution network (like a major paper) has an even greater capacity to disseminate their views.

However, neither scenario infringes on YOUR right to free speech. You can say what you wish, print your own paper, pass out pamphets, whatever you like. Your rights aren't defined by the capabilities of someone else. But instead, by what you can do.

Similarly, Facebook has has built a larger distribution network than you have. That doesn't infringe your right to free speech in the slightest. You can still create your own website and say whatever you wish.

Your 1st amendment rights have nothing to do with Facebook. If you want to know who the 1st amendment limits, look no farther than the 1st word in the 1st amendment.
I can not create my own website and say whatever i want. I would be put in the deep web. Or worse. Removed entirely from the web. And my rights do have to do with facebook. Youtube etc. Those platforms that obtain favor from the higher ups can be seen publicly amongst the masses while others and their platforms are suppressed. These are not chosen by the masses but by the powerful monopolistic controlers of the internet. It happens. On a globalized scale. There is mass inequality among the voice of the public and the press. If you cant see it. You are most likely just a follower of mass media. But thats ok. You just cant see the oppression of public opinion happening on a grand scale

Its analogous to say, the free press. Someone with a printing press can disseminate their views more rapidly than you can. Someone with a printing press and a wide, self sustaining distribution network (like a major paper) has an even greater capacity to disseminate their views.

I can not create my own website and say whatever i want. I would be put in the deep web. Or worse. Removed entirely from the web. And my rights do have to do with facebook. Youtube etc. Those platforms that obtain favor from the higher ups can be seen publicly amongst the masses while others and their platforms are suppressed. These are not chosen by the masses but by the powerful monopolistic controlers of the internet. It happens. On a globalized scale. There is mass inequality among the voice of the public and the press. If you cant see it. You are most likely just a follower of mass media. But thats ok. You just cant see the oppression of public opinion happening on a grand scale

Why would your website be removed? And who would remove it?

And your 'monopolistic internet' argument doesn't work. You can go to literally millions of websites. As can anyone else who jumps online in this country. Millions of choices is not a 'monopoly'.

And there has always been inequality in the volume of the voice between someone with a distribution network that they have built and someone without. It still has nothing to do with your rights. Your rights....are freedom from government interference.

Again, read the bill of rights. Facebook isn't mentioned. Congress is.

Whose airwaves? OUR AIRWAVES!
In exchange for obtaining a valuable license to operate a broadcast station using the public airwaves, each radio and television licensee is required by law to operate its station in the “public interest, convenience and necessity.” Generally, this means it must air programming that is responsive to the needs and problems of its local community of license. To do this, each non-exempt station licensee must identify the needs and problems and then specifically treat these local matters in the news, public affairs, political and other programming that it airs. As discussed in more detail further in this Manual, each commercial station – and most noncommercial stations – must provide the public with information about how it has met its obligation in a quarterly report. The report contains a listing of the programming the station aired that the licensee believes provided significant treatment of issues facing the community. Each commercial and noncommercial station also must maintain a public inspection file on the FCC’s website https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/ that contains these reports, as well as other materials pertaining to the station’s operations and dealings with the FCC and with the community it is licensed to serve. The public file is an excellent resource to gauge a station’s performance of its obligations as a Commission licensee.

I dont know how it was vague. I have the right to own my own private property and the right to my free speech from said property.
I also have the right to my own website and my own free speech. Regardless whether you like it or not. You dont have to go there.
Why is this a problem. I think trying to lable my persona is getting in the way of what i said.
Why are people against me having rights

You're moving all over the place ... first, your rights are being taken ... now, you have those rights ... make up your mind ...

Damn right you can set up a message board server, and you can regulate the speech on that server ...

Why are you being such a whiny crybaby about people not listening to you? ...

NO ... you do NOT have a right to post a sign in MY front yard ... your Free Speech rights end at MY property line ...

Guess what? ...

You do NOT have a right to post a sign in Facebook's front yard either ... your Free Speech rights end at Facebook's property line ...

You want SPECIAL rights over others it seems ... for that you need to spend MONEY ... and advertise during the Super Bowl ... buy a politician ... run for office yourself ...

Or maybe say things people want to hear ...

ETA: 20 years ago I ran a web site ... extremely esoteric ... an internet chess league ... [rolls eyes] ... but not deep web ... all the top web search engines listed my site at the top without my requesting it ... just checked, STILL the top site on Yahoo ... the deep web is data files, like NASA posting every image they ever shot in space, NOAA with every single weather observation ever taken, all the proceedings of the Royal Society, census data, and the like ...

You're a very very old person, technology has spiraled away from you ... I feel you pain, but at least I know where to look to get information on changing my apacheconfig file ...

Last edited:
All I'm saying is these things are inherently complicated so the devil is always in the details. Being deliberately vague and broad brushy about such things is just idiotic at best. Glad to see the OP has finally begun opening up some..

You're a very very old person, technology has spiraled away from you ... I feel you pain, but at least I know where to look to get information on changing my apacheconfig file ...
Lol. I'm older and grew bored to tears with programming before the WWW even existed. One's wealth, career, things one does or did in public.. are generally of little consequence. No one usually remembers but you. What those you've met face to face and interacted with for prolonged periods think of you,.. now that's what counts. What truly inspires us to get out of bed in the morning (aside from Mother Nature). For better or worse, we are undeniably social animals. But in the long run? Socially interacting with virtual strangers anywhere on the internet? No hills to die on there.

Lol. I'm older and grew bored to tears with programming before the WWW even existed. One's wealth, career, things one does or did in public.. are generally of little consequence. No one usually remembers but you. What those you've met face to face and interacted with for prolonged periods think of you,.. now that's what counts. What truly inspires us to get out of bed in the morning (aside from Mother Nature). For better or worse, we are undeniably social animals. But in the long run? Socially interacting with virtual strangers anywhere on the internet? No hills to die on there.

Had a job once running mag tape back-up on a PDP-11 system ... the company encouraged me to learn FORTRAN 77 ... kinda left off there until I had to do serious bookkeeping ... today, at my best, I can write simple bloated PHP scripts ... "Hello, World" and the like ... strictly localhost, profoundly insecure ...

Had a job once running mag tape back-up on a PDP-11 system ... the company encouraged me to learn FORTRAN 77 ... kinda left off there until I had to do serious bookkeeping ... today, at my best, I can write simple bloated PHP scripts ... "Hello, World" and the like ... strictly localhost, profoundly insecure ...
My mom worked on the ENIAC and helped start Science magazine. My sister was a systems manager at CompuServe, Xerox, Dupont, and Honeywell. I quit going to Drexel for computer engineering because my "advisor" insisted that I program his PDP-11 using FORTRAN for my graduate project (be his bored, little slave, iow). Couldn't seem to fathom why I gagged so much at the prospect. Oh well. Every engineer I've run into since has been a complete asshole. Did me a favor. Much happier now having pursued far more down to earth subjects like mechanics and landscaping at length :D

NO ... you do NOT have a right to post a sign in MY front yard ... your Free Speech rights end at MY property line ...

Guess what? ...

You do NOT have a right to post a sign in Facebook's front yard either ... your Free Speech rights end at Facebook's property line ...

You want SPECIAL rights over others it seems ... for that you need to spend MONEY ... and advertise during the Super Bowl ... buy a politician ... run for office yourself ...

Or maybe say things people want to hear ...

ETA: 20 years ago I ran a web site ... extremely esoteric ... an internet chess league ... [rolls eyes] ... but not deep web ... all the top web search engines listed my site at the top without my requesting it ... just checked, STILL the top site on Yahoo ... the deep web is data files, like NASA posting every image they ever shot in space, NOAA with every single weather observation ever taken, all the proceedings of the Royal Society, census data, and the like ...

No i have said numerous times i do not have the right to put a sign in your yard. Can you read?. Your on iggy

My mom worked on the ENIAC and helped start Science magazine. My sister was a systems manager at CompuServe, Xerox, Dupont, and Honeywell. I quit going to Drexel for computer engineering because my "advisor" insisted that I program his PDP-11 using FORTRAN for my graduate project (be his bored, little slave, iow). Couldn't seem to fathom why I gagged so much at the prospect. Oh well. Every engineer I've run into since has been a complete asshole. Did me a favor. Much happier now having pursued far more down to earth subjects like mechanics and landscaping at length :D

I moved to Iowa for other reasons ... my brother-in-law said he had a job for me ... didn't even think what that job was, just it was a job ... have never considered doing anything but carpentry ever since ... just fell in love with the outdoor work, hard physical labor, looking at the finished home ... working with real men ... the kind of work where if I don't bleed once a day, I'm being lazy ...

One boss accused me of stealing lumber the slivers in my arm were that big ...

Forum List

Back