Constitution guarantees the right to vote - note to GOP voter suppressors

It never dawns on idiots like the generally dishonest rdunce that when the liberoidal Democratics "bring out the dead," to vote, they are violting the precept of "one person one vote." This amounts to voter suppression for all who hold views contrary to theirs.

Such criminality is perfectly ok to those assholes.

But when any effort is made to suppress illegal voting behavior like that, they cry, and whine and bitch and moan and groan (as rdunce did in his stupid OP).

I am not even addressing, here, what guys like The T have already correctly noted about the fundamentally flawed premise of the rdunce claim. rdunce has nothing of value to say. You can always tell: he posts.

Constitution guarantees the right to vote - note to GOP voter suppressors.

People in tiny cities know each other. Sometimes for 80 years. Many don't have cars.

The constitution guarantees the right to vote.

Why don't Republicans just campaign on policy? Why scam? Why suppress? Why fight the constitution they claim to "love"?

Just campaign on your "policies". Unless you know your policies aren't "right". Just campaign on your policies. Show America why they should vote for Republicans. They don't need to screw over Americans to get votes, do they?

Didnt an elected republican official say its unamerican to get the poor to vote?

I mean think about hat for a second. It says EVERYTHING about that side really.

got a link to that?.....i want to see this myself....

People in tiny cities know each other. Sometimes for 80 years. Many don't have cars.

Why don't Republicans just campaign on policy? Why scam? Why suppress? Why fight the constitution they claim to "love"?

Just campaign on your "policies". Unless you know your policies aren't "right". Just campaign on your policies. Show America why they should vote for Republicans. They don't need to screw over Americans to get votes, do they?

Didnt an elected republican official say ?

got a link to that?.....i want to see this myself....

Right-wing commentator: Poor people voting is ‘un-American’ | The Raw Story

[ A student I.D. card maybe the only I.D. a citizen might have, yet some states hope to disenfranchise students.

That makes no sense at all. Not only is a student ID ridiculously easy to forge, but having a student ID in no way indicates eligibility to vote or even citizenship.

Didnt an elected republican official say its unamerican to get the poor to vote?

Link??

In Crawford v. Marion County Election Board (2008), the Court held that voter ID requirements did not preempt one’s Constitutional right to vote. It can also be argued the issue is moot given the fact that Federal law requires those with no ID be allowed to cast a provisional ballot in jurisdictions where an ID is required.

There is also the fact that instances of prosecuted voter fraud are statistically zero – it’s a non-issue. Given this fact it’s appropriate to question the motives of those to advocate a voter provide an ID before voting, when his name is clearly present on the registration document. Are advocates of voter ID merely ignorant of the fact that fraud is a non-issue or is there a political motive?

More of an issue should be that 41% of citizens in this country that are eligable to vote actually do.

Voting should be mandatory.

I don't support manditory voting; I do believe national elections ought to held on a weekend, and that the polls should all open and close at the same time, so voters on the West Coast and HI & AK are not influenced by early results from time zones in the East.

It should be a federal felony to release any election results before ALL of the polls are closed in a national election.

You cannot prove that they vote in any significant number. In fact I have no problem with showing a picture I.D when voting; it's the efforts of the GOP to put restrictions on which I.D.'s are sufficient. A student I.D. card maybe the only I.D. a citizen might have, yet some states hope to disenfranchise students; elders and the poor who do not drive may not have a government I.D., they too would be disenfranchised.

If you were honest, which you are not, you would admit this effort is a conspiracy by the GOP, the Kockroaches and other Plutocrats to influence elections for the sake of their ideology. It has nothing to do with the principles we all learned in civics.

If the Congress decided to put before the States a voters right amendment to the Constitution, and specified that all citizens receive a government issued I.D. card at the time they registered to vote, this entire issue would be put to rest. Doing it under the current circumstances smells.

With all due respect, Wry...

I'm in the bar business. The reason that we as an industry can't accept student ID's as proof of age enabling young people to purchase alcohol is because they are far too easy to fake. If you can't use a student ID to buy a beer...then why would you be able to use one to vote?

I tended bar in Grad School, students I.D.s were acceptable forms of proof then, I don't see why they would not be now. And, btw, the phony ones were so poorly done they were easy to spot. I once had a girl offer her mother's driver's license as her own, the picture at first glance was perfect, the fact that she was trying to pass for 39 with three friends all just 21 wasn't.

P.S. After reading my post I must admit when I walked the plank Nixon was President and no one had printers like the ones of today. I suppose fake student I.D.s of today are much better then in my day behind the bar. Yet, a good phony would seem to absolve the bar and employee of holding mens rea, and put the responsibility on the faker.

Where did you bartend? I've been in the business for 30 years, in Massachusetts, Colorado, North Carolina and in Florida and student ID's weren't legal forms of ID to drink in any of those places.

As far as "absolving" the bar of responsibility when a fake is used? That might be the case if the fake was of a legally accepted form of ID but I can guarantee you that if your bar is taking "East Overshoe University" student ID's as proof of age you're going to be SO screwed if the authorities get involved.

More of an issue should be that 41% of citizens in this country that are eligable to vote actually do.

Voting should be mandatory.

I don't support manditory voting; I do believe national elections ought to held on a weekend, and that the polls should all open and close at the same time, so voters on the West Coast and HI & AK are not influenced by early results from time zones in the East.

It should be a federal felony to release any election results before ALL of the polls are closed in a national election.

It should be about the will of the People. Want to propose something? There is due process. Make you case.

With all due respect, Wry...

I'm in the bar business. The reason that we as an industry can't accept student ID's as proof of age enabling young people to purchase alcohol is because they are far too easy to fake. If you can't use a student ID to buy a beer...then why would you be able to use one to vote?

I tended bar in Grad School, students I.D.s were acceptable forms of proof then, I don't see why they would not be now. And, btw, the phony ones were so poorly done they were easy to spot. I once had a girl offer her mother's driver's license as her own, the picture at first glance was perfect, the fact that she was trying to pass for 39 with three friends all just 21 wasn't.

P.S. After reading my post I must admit when I walked the plank Nixon was President and no one had printers like the ones of today. I suppose fake student I.D.s of today are much better then in my day behind the bar. Yet, a good phony would seem to absolve the bar and employee of holding mens rea, and put the responsibility on the faker.

Where did you bartend? I've been in the business for 30 years, in Massachusetts, Colorado, North Carolina and in Florida and student ID's weren't legal forms of ID to drink in any of those places.

As far as "absolving" the bar of responsibility when a fake is used? That might be the case if the fake was of a legally accepted form of ID but I can guarantee you that if your bar is taking "East Overshoe University" student ID's as proof of age you're going to be SO screwed if the authorities get involved.

When I was younger, 16, We used Fake I.D.'s. Bars, Liquor Stores, and Deli's.Some places they worked, others they didn't.

Last edited:
It amazes me that Republicans, after all their patriotic rhetoric, are now on the side of those who are for voter suppression.

It amazes me that Republicans, after all their patriotic rhetoric, are now on the side of those who are for voter suppression.

Admit it, Rdean...progressives do everything they can to make certain groups "legal" because they covet their votes. That's what this is all about. You want students to be able to vote with just a student ID because students typically vote Democratic. And if some voter fraud takes place because you're trying to get out the vote, then you guys are fine with that.

You realize that such deliberate mischaracterization marks you as a dishonest person, right? They can't be paying you enough to demean yourself this way.

No one is for suppression you twerp. Only honest open elections. This having been explained to you countless times? You still have a mental block.

What will you next endeavour of deceit be?

WE will stay tuned to laugh at it just as heartily as this one.

To be so amazed, you must first turn our perspective on it's head, then inside out, wash on gentle cycle twice, air dry, hold close to your person while leaping from a great height. :lol:

Admit it, Rdean...progressives do everything they can to make certain groups "legal" because they covet their votes. That's what this is all about. You want students to be able to vote with just a student ID because students typically vote Democratic. And if some voter fraud takes place because you're trying to get out the vote, then you guys are fine with that.

You mean like people born here? Republicans are exclusionary. It's why their party is 90% white and getting older and fatter by the day. Soon, they will need those immigrants to change the depends.

[ A student I.D. card maybe the only I.D. a citizen might have, yet some states hope to disenfranchise students.

That makes no sense at all. Not only is a student ID ridiculously easy to forge, but having a student ID in no way indicates eligibility to vote or even citizenship.

Taking a phrase out of context is both dishonest and an admission those who engage in such mendacity are incapable of composing a reasoned response.

The entire post is as follows:

You cannot prove that they vote in any significant number. In fact I have no problem with showing a picture I.D when voting; it's the efforts of the GOP to put restrictions on which I.D.'s are sufficient. A student I.D. card maybe the only I.D. a citizen might have, yet some states hope to disenfranchise students; elders and the poor who do not drive may not have a government I.D., they too would be disenfranchised.

If you were honest, which you are not, you would admit this effort is a conspiracy by the GOP, the Kockroaches and other Plutocrats to influence elections for the sake of their ideology. It has nothing to do with the principles we all learned in civics.

If the Congress decided to put before the States a voters right amendment to the Constitution, and specified that all citizens receive a government issued I.D. card at the time they registered to vote, this entire issue would be put to rest. Doing it under the current circumstances smells.

Taking a phrase out of context is both dishonest and an admission those who engage in such mendacity are incapable of composing a reasoned response.

The entire post is as follows:

Personally I have no problem with Student ID Cards that are Accepted as ID by State Governments. If they are not accepted, A State ID Card is not that hard to get. There are allot of reasons to Possess Positive ID.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back