considering what's going on in US... which state would you prefer to live in?

I'd never let politics decide what state I live in that wouldn't even be a consideration. The older I get the more I like cold and snow.

I think you're nuts, slipping and falling on your ass when you hit a patch of ice is not good when you're old. If I wanna see snow I can turn on the Weather channel and you dumb bastards freezing your balls off. :p

missouri has always been good,, you get the worst of all 4 seasons and if you stay away from the cities it gets even better,,

task0778
Hey. I live in Florida. I'll take alligators along with no State Income tax. No winter to speak of. No ice. No 10 below zero. No snow and things are a bit cheaper down here.

A great Governor and a good job. I'm sure Texas will be nice for you. LOL

task0778
Hey. I live in Florida. I'll take alligators along with no State Income tax. No winter to speak of. No ice. No 10 below zero. No snow and things are a bit cheaper down here.

A great Governor and a good job. I'm sure Texas will be nice for you. LOL

Hey now, we don't have a state income tax either, plus NO alligators. Well, except maybe a few along the Gulf coast in far east Texas. Here in SA, we did have the super cold snap last Feb that lasted about a week and a lotta people lost power for several days. That sucked, but it was the only time in the 30 years that I've lived here that it got anywhere near that cold. They do get ice and snow up around Dallas and points north, and also in far west Texas due to higher elevations. But we don't have the bug problem that you guys do. Nor the hurricanes either.

250px-Northwest_Territorial_Imperative_map.svg.png

The white ethno state

No minorities allowed.
Oregon and Washington are left-wing hell holes.

task0778
Glad to hear it though I have heard of gators in the lower part of Texas.
Is that wrong??

Gators don't bother me. I've seen a few around here and leave them alone.

task0778
Glad to hear it though I have heard of gators in the lower part of Texas.
Is that wrong??

Gators don't bother me. I've seen a few around here and leave them alone.

Gators require swamps, and Texas does not have much in the way of swamps except in the southern coastal areas where there's lotsa rain and warmer temps. Houston and Galveston might have the occasional gator swimming by in a flood, but mostly they are confined to swampy areas east of Houston. As you go west and north from there, it gets drier and colder, so not so many gators.

"Gators don't bother me. I've seen a few around here and leave them alone."

I've seen stories of dogs, cats, and kids taken by gators in FL, notably the story of the kid killed by a gator in Disneyworld awhile back.

To each his/her own, I guess.

task0778
I'm sure you have. Once you go in the water around here you take the chance of a gator attack.

That's why no Floridian ever goes into the water until they know its gator free. Gators will go for dogs, people, water fowl or anything else that gets in the water.

Hey now, we don't have a state income tax either, plus NO alligators. Well, except maybe a few along the Gulf coast in far east Texas. Here in SA, we did have the super cold snap last Feb that lasted about a week and a lotta people lost power for several days. That sucked, but it was the only time in the 30 years that I've lived here that it got anywhere near that cold. They do get ice and snow up around Dallas and points north, and also in far west Texas due to higher elevations. But we don't have the bug problem that you guys do. Nor the hurricanes either.
Screened in porch takes care of the bug problem.

The only thing we have to worry about is the carboats that come from Cuba, but those dont happen like at the Southern Texas border.

can't make up my mind btw FL and TX

there seems to be another one, but can't think of it.. Of course, economics is not the only reason to live somewhere... so there would be other states on my list... I'd just have to sit down and write up a pro and con list and etc... but these are the 2 states I like best...
altered

Oregon and Washington are left-wing hell holes.
Women still have reproductive rights here. We don’t have hurricanes or tornadoes or alligators. No sales tax in Oregon. Mild winters, haven’t experienced below zero temperatures in the past 40 years here. Lots of scenic wonders with Crater Lake, the Cascade mountains, the Columbia gorge, and the Pacific coast. Good hunting and fishing. Great skiing on Mt Hood and Mt Batchelor. Not a bad place to live at all.

can't make up my mind btw FL and TX

there seems to be another one, but can't think of it.. Of course, economics is not the only reason to live somewhere... so there would be other states on my list... I'd just have to sit down and write up a pro and con list and etc... but these are the 2 states I like best...
Not Florida while I admire the state government and DeSantis I am not a fan of the wildlife down there. I understand parts of FLA have divisions in the police departments for handling snakes. They have a serious problem with Burma and Africa pythons among others.

I think you're nuts, slipping and falling on your ass when you hit a patch of ice is not good when you're old. If I wanna see snow I can turn on the Weather channel and you dumb bastards freezing your balls off. :p
Sleeping in the snow in winter Wisconsin -17 F windchill one can still take off the boots inside the cocoon, which consists of plenty of clothing inside a good bag wrapped in polytehtylene. This winter’s experiment will be a white tarp to completely disappear at most any location, which changes frequently due to making tracks. Cost for winter sleeping heat: $0.00. An electric bike that can go cross-country like a skier helps immensely.

Otherwise, Florida. Clearwater life for 10 years, one can swim with small ‘gators, and have experienced the terrifying event of quicksand when they were building the airport. Great fishing, cow killers (velvet ants) can sting pretty bad, coral snakes will drop into the laps of bulldozer operators clearing land, stinging jellyfish, hammerhead sharks, black widow spiders, mold on books, not too nasty if one is careful.

Someone on this board mentioned sleeping in a storage unit. This is not necessary, though having one is Just a step away from complete rent-pimp boycott. Badger’s choice is either e-bike or snowshoeing onto the Wisconsin prairie armed with a Cozee portable electric blanket, white tarp and sleeping bag. Fresh, non-communist anti-COVID air is available and adventurous females can do the same with accessories such as electric socks. This northern stealth methodology, solar-recharge capable, beats having to deal with Florida night critters, and offers literally hundreds of options for getting horizontal and unconscious.

Women still have reproductive rights here. We don’t have hurricanes or tornadoes or alligators. No sales tax in Oregon. Mild winters, haven’t experienced below zero temperatures in the past 40 years here. Lots of scenic wonders with Crater Lake, the Cascade mountains, the Columbia gorge, and the Pacific coast. Good hunting and fishing. Great skiing on Mt Hood and Mt Batchelor. Not a bad place to live at all.

Oregon is currently the 4th most expensive state to live in ( These are America's 10 most expensive states to live in ), and although most of the time the weather is mild, west of the Cascades where most all of the population is, is like living in a rain forest.
Too expensive, too liberal, and too wet.

Oregon is currently the 4th most expensive state to live in ( These are America's 10 most expensive states to live in ), and although most of the time the weather is mild, west of the Cascades where most all of the population is, is like living in a rain forest.
Too expensive, too liberal, and too wet.
Too expensive? I suppose it depends on what you want to do or buy. Housing costs have been going up. Most things seem comparable to other places I have seen around the country.
Too liberal? Not sure what that even means anymore. Most folks mind their own business. Your neighbors aren’t going to turn you in for getting an abortion or smoking a doobie like Texass. They’re not going to lynch you if you’re black or gay. You can have all the guns and horse paste and Trump truck flags you want.
Too wet? It has been getting warmer and dryer over the past several years. East of the Cascades it’s a high desert.

Forum List

Back