Conservatives: What did Trump do wrong?

He's a grifting, con man that duped and continues to con millions of cultist followers who Worship him like he's Jesus.
Hey, asswipe! Can you not read well? No comprehension on what is being said? Or are you just trolling? Get the fuck out of my thread. You are a fucking scum ass liberal. Fuck off.
Hardly fair, he's just trying to point out what went wrong.
No. He is being rude, obnoxious and trolling. The question I posed is for current or prior Trump supporters, of which he obviously is not. Most of us have stated why we feel...well...betrayed. let down. sad. scared. worried. stupid for thinking one man could do what totally needs to be done and what JFK himself tried to do but was killed before he could. Probably by "them"....those who will do anything to stay in power. ANYTHING. And I have stated in my OP that I refuse to grovel at a mans feet who is NOT God or Christ, yet he accuses me of treating Trump as if he is Jesus. Which also shows he is only trolling.

In short..if you are not or never were a conservative and did have hope Trump would prevail...then this is not a thread for you. You, as in general you, not you personally.

JFK would have despised Trump because Trump is vulgar and stupid. JFK wrote Profiles in Courage.. He was writing about the courage to do the right thing..... even if there's a chance you might lose the next election.. Trump is a bully and a coward.
JFK was a slutt!! lmao

Greg

He's a grifting, con man that duped and continues to con millions of cultist followers who Worship him like he's Jesus.
Hey, asswipe! Can you not read well? No comprehension on what is being said? Or are you just trolling? Get the fuck out of my thread. You are a fucking scum ass liberal. Fuck off.
No. He is being rude, obnoxious and trolling. The question I posed is for current or prior Trump supporters, of which he obviously is not. Most of us have stated why we feel...well...betrayed. let down. sad. scared. worried. stupid for thinking one man could do what totally needs to be done and what JFK himself tried to do but was killed before he could. Probably by "them"....those who will do anything to stay in power. ANYTHING. And I have stated in my OP that I refuse to grovel at a mans feet who is NOT God or Christ, yet he accuses me of treating Trump as if he is Jesus. Which also shows he is only trolling.

In short..if you are not or never were a conservative and did have hope Trump would prevail...then this is not a thread for you. You, as in general you, not you personally.

JFK would have despised Trump because Trump is vulgar and stupid. JFK wrote Profiles in Courage.. He was writing about the courage to do the right thing..... even if there's a chance you might lose the next election.. Trump is a bully and a coward.
Profiles in Courage; Dems would now BURN IT!!! lmao

Wasn't a bad read when I was 20 yo but pretty boring overalll; more a few essays than a book I suppose.

The most thorough analysis of who did what has come from historian Herbert Parmet in Jack: The Struggles of John F. Kennedy (1980). Parmet interviewed the participants and reviewed a crateful of papers in the Kennedy Library. He found that Kennedy contributed some notes, mostly on John Quincy Adams, but little that made it into the finished product. “There is no evidence of a Kennedy draft for the overwhelming bulk of the book,” Parmet writes. While “the choices, message, and tone of the volume are unmistakably Kennedy’s,” the actual work was “left to committee labor.” The “literary craftsmanship [was] clearly Sorensen’s, and he gave the book both the drama and flow that made for readability.” Parmet, like everyone else, shrinks from saying Sorensen was the book’s ghostwriter, but clearly he was.

On a related subject, did JFK’s father, Joseph P. Kennedy, twist arms to get his son the Pulitzer, as some believe? Parmet finds no smoking gun. True, Profiles wasn’t among the books recommended to the Pulitzer committee by its judges, a pair of expert reviewers, so when the rather slim volume came out of nowhere and trumped some seriously weighty scholarship, people got suspicious. (Supposedly Profiles won because someone on the committee said his 12-year-old grandson liked it.) New York Times columnist Arthur Krock, a friend of Joe Kennedy’s, boasted that he had lobbied hard for the book, but Krock’s partisanship was well known and the committee members were distinguished newspaper folk, not easily swayed. Parmet harrumphs that it would have been unlike Joe P. to let an opportunity slip, but who knows? We do know this: JFK, not for the first or last time, got credit he didn’t deserve.

There were rumours at Uni even when I was reading it. pays to have a powerful daddy...hey Hunter...

Greg

I feel robbed right now. Trying to have a conversation with other conservatives that feel as I do...
Communicating only with people who agree with you won't provide you with the answers you want. All it will do is validate your opinions, and quite possibly make you feel even MORE victimized and angry.

Another idea might be to seek out and listen to those who disagree with you, with an open mind. You're on the internet right now. If you really want to know what other people think, it would be pretty easy for you to find out.

If we choose to NOT be curious, to isolate ourselves from the perspectives, life experiences, opinions and priorities of others, we can't be surprised when we don't know what hit us. That's our own fault. That's on us.
how dare you crash the Trumpoholic Anonymous meeting? this is their safe space!!!

I feel robbed right now. Trying to have a conversation with other conservatives that feel as I do...
Communicating only with people who agree with you won't provide you with the answers you want. All it will do is validate your opinions, and quite possibly make you feel even MORE victimized and angry.

Another idea might be to seek out and listen to those who disagree with you, with an open mind. You're on the internet right now. If you really want to know what other people think, it would be pretty easy for you to find out.

If we choose to NOT be curious, to isolate ourselves from the perspectives, life experiences, opinions and priorities of others, we can't be surprised when we don't know what hit us. That's our own fault. That's on us.

Greg
Perfect example of my point.
Friends of mine have stayed there as did my Parents; good reviews from them. lol You know shit!!!

Greg

Greg
Perfect example of my point.
Friends of mine have stayed there as did my Parents; good reviews from them. lol You know shit!!!

Greg
:confused-84:

JFK was a slutt!! lmao

Greg

You mean JFK was flawed.. Many are.

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with Caesar.

President Trump was indeed brilliant, fantastic and so on ...

Give me please an example - only one example - for this idea.

Greg

What is written in this text? What is the concrete example for the brilliance of Mr. fantastic Donald Trump?

Trump is a moron. He threw away his presidency.. wasting it on tweeting and making enemies. He sabotaged his reelection.. and destroyed his legacy. Now he wants revenge.

JFK was a slutt!! lmao

Greg

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; So let it be with Caesar.
You believe that crap about JFK?? lol. I don't. Just as I don't believe the shit about Trump!!! The election is OVER; Biden is Pres BUT there are some serious issues still to be resolved. I will patiently await the court cases.

Greg

Profiles in Courage; Dems would now BURN IT!!! lmao

Wasn't a bad read when I was 20 yo but pretty boring overalll; more a few essays than a book I suppose.

The most thorough analysis of who did what has come from historian Herbert Parmet in Jack: The Struggles of John F. Kennedy (1980). Parmet interviewed the participants and reviewed a crateful of papers in the Kennedy Library. He found that Kennedy contributed some notes, mostly on John Quincy Adams, but little that made it into the finished product. “There is no evidence of a Kennedy draft for the overwhelming bulk of the book,” Parmet writes. While “the choices, message, and tone of the volume are unmistakably Kennedy’s,” the actual work was “left to committee labor.” The “literary craftsmanship [was] clearly Sorensen’s, and he gave the book both the drama and flow that made for readability.” Parmet, like everyone else, shrinks from saying Sorensen was the book’s ghostwriter, but clearly he was.

On a related subject, did JFK’s father, Joseph P. Kennedy, twist arms to get his son the Pulitzer, as some believe? Parmet finds no smoking gun. True, Profiles wasn’t among the books recommended to the Pulitzer committee by its judges, a pair of expert reviewers, so when the rather slim volume came out of nowhere and trumped some seriously weighty scholarship, people got suspicious. (Supposedly Profiles won because someone on the committee said his 12-year-old grandson liked it.) New York Times columnist Arthur Krock, a friend of Joe Kennedy’s, boasted that he had lobbied hard for the book, but Krock’s partisanship was well known and the committee members were distinguished newspaper folk, not easily swayed. Parmet harrumphs that it would have been unlike Joe P. to let an opportunity slip, but who knows? We do know this: JFK, not for the first or last time, got credit he didn’t deserve.

There were rumours at Uni even when I was reading it. pays to have a powerful daddy...hey Hunter...

Greg

Boring? You probably need more reality TV.

Joe Biden warned his younger brothers not to do anything untoward in their business dealings that would even give the appearance of wrongdoing because the name Biden meant they all had a target on their backs.. Take the high road, Greg.. Its a new year.

JFK was a slutt!! lmao

Greg

You believe that crap about JFK?? lol. I don't. Just as I don't believe the shit about Trump!!! The election is OVER; Biden is Pres BUT there are some serious issues still to be resolved. I will patiently await the court cases.

Greg

Trump has spent 40 years bragging about his sexual exploits in Playboy, Esquire and on 15 hours of Howard Stern. He has debased and humiliated his wives and children with bragging about his indiscretions.

For me....it all boils down to him not vetting those he thought were loyal. Pence, for example. And most of his cabinet. And those he "highly recommended/supported" for positions in states he THOUGHT had his back instead of knifing it.

Then there were the rallies. Such fun! Yes, all had a good time, but....he didn't do it for anyone except to feel glorified in the adoration of thousands who also wanted a good time. He basked in the attention. And he underestimated just how deep the cabal is. When he finally realized just how far they would and could go..it was too late to do anything. So he gave up.

After giving up, he didn't do what he should have done. Martial Law, protecting us from foreign AND DOMESTIC attacks, the coup, all being done and he doing nothing. The rioting and refusing to send troops, while sitting back waiting for the governors and mayors to ask for help KNOWING they never would, but he wanted to sit there and reap the rewards of "showing everyone" when he should have known many wouldn't admit to seeing.

He could have released many declassifications. He didn't. He could have pardoned those who had/have the "goods" of just how deep this shit is, but didn't. Instead he walked away with the promise from Schumer or McConnaly...whichever one said it...that if he didn't pardon Assange, he would not be impeached again. And he believed it. And yet again, it was another lie he fell for.

So off he goes to Florida, expecting and actually getting people to follow wherever he goes and kowtow to his need for adoration, start a new office in Florida, not too worried about banks and businesses shutting him out because he has enough money and friends in other countries that will be happy to hold his millions, settled nice and comfy in his mansion and the rest of us? We are now dealing with the fallout along with him and we will be the ones totally screwed because we are just the peons that believed he could fix what has been wrong for so long. He didn't, and couldn't, and wouldn't.

He SAYS he will continue to fight for the USA. How? From his own posh basement? What about the rest of us that don't have what he has? No matter. As long as he is adored.

So...there's my 2 cents.

Up to a couple of years ago I believed Donald Trump was allowing the creep and numerous victories of radical leftist evil and deep state corruption in order to draw out all the bad guys. But his promises—endless promises, really—to take direct action against the evil destroying our nation never materialized into anything more than lip service in the form of words of hope. What caused me to walk away from the Trump movement was a combination of his never rescinding the national state of emergency over COVID and his claims that he had himself come down with the China Flu.

While it is difficult to face as a once wishful Trump supporter, the truth is countless small businesses closed under his watch, millions of Americans lost their jobs and went hungry, and many, many others died on ventilators who should have never been put on them. He propagated and perpetuated the COVID hoax, something I could never quite wrap my head around. He also championed vaccines, which he himself did not need to beat the 'Rona; vaccines which are killing, maiming and otherwise messing people up as we speak.

But, I will digress. You wanted to know where he went wrong? He himself claimed the election was stolen, said he'd fight to protect the tens of millions of voters who cast their ballots for him, and then he flew away into the Florida sunset, leaving us all behind to deal with the most evil government to come to power in US history. His only righteous option was indeed to declare martial law, arrest all democrat members of Congress and at least twenty governors, and to re-hold the election with military observers. As you mentioned, he instead just walked away. And in his last speech he went on and on and on about how great he was and how many awesome things he had accomplished.

Maybe the man was the real thing . . . a great American leader . . . or maybe he was just another pretender. Whatever the case ends up being, as judged by future historians, one thing is for certain; he is gone from power and toothless—and evil now reigns over our civilization. Hell of a thing.
He didn't do any of that because: dun dun dun, HE LOST DUMBASS!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TRUMPERS!!! You claim you love America, you all are so based on Christian, but you idolize a damn Con man like he's Jesus in the flesh! It's seriously baffling that you guys Really are a "CULT". Jim Jones is living and golfing in Mar a Lago
For me....it all boils down to him not vetting those he thought were loyal. Pence, for example. And most of his cabinet. And those he "highly recommended/supported" for positions in states he THOUGHT had his back instead of knifing it.

Then there were the rallies. Such fun! Yes, all had a good time, but....he didn't do it for anyone except to feel glorified in the adoration of thousands who also wanted a good time. He basked in the attention. And he underestimated just how deep the cabal is. When he finally realized just how far they would and could go..it was too late to do anything. So he gave up.

After giving up, he didn't do what he should have done. Martial Law, protecting us from foreign AND DOMESTIC attacks, the coup, all being done and he doing nothing. The rioting and refusing to send troops, while sitting back waiting for the governors and mayors to ask for help KNOWING they never would, but he wanted to sit there and reap the rewards of "showing everyone" when he should have known many wouldn't admit to seeing.

He could have released many declassifications. He didn't. He could have pardoned those who had/have the "goods" of just how deep this shit is, but didn't. Instead he walked away with the promise from Schumer or McConnaly...whichever one said it...that if he didn't pardon Assange, he would not be impeached again. And he believed it. And yet again, it was another lie he fell for.

So off he goes to Florida, expecting and actually getting people to follow wherever he goes and kowtow to his need for adoration, start a new office in Florida, not too worried about banks and businesses shutting him out because he has enough money and friends in other countries that will be happy to hold his millions, settled nice and comfy in his mansion and the rest of us? We are now dealing with the fallout along with him and we will be the ones totally screwed because we are just the peons that believed he could fix what has been wrong for so long. He didn't, and couldn't, and wouldn't.

He SAYS he will continue to fight for the USA. How? From his own posh basement? What about the rest of us that don't have what he has? No matter. As long as he is adored.

So...there's my 2 cents.

Up to a couple of years ago I believed Donald Trump was allowing the creep and numerous victories of radical leftist evil and deep state corruption in order to draw out all the bad guys. But his promises—endless promises, really—to take direct action against the evil destroying our nation never materialized into anything more than lip service in the form of words of hope. What caused me to walk away from the Trump movement was a combination of his never rescinding the national state of emergency over COVID and his claims that he had himself come down with the China Flu.

While it is difficult to face as a once wishful Trump supporter, the truth is countless small businesses closed under his watch, millions of Americans lost their jobs and went hungry, and many, many others died on ventilators who should have never been put on them. He propagated and perpetuated the COVID hoax, something I could never quite wrap my head around. He also championed vaccines, which he himself did not need to beat the 'Rona; vaccines which are killing, maiming and otherwise messing people up as we speak.

But, I will digress. You wanted to know where he went wrong? He himself claimed the election was stolen, said he'd fight to protect the tens of millions of voters who cast their ballots for him, and then he flew away into the Florida sunset, leaving us all behind to deal with the most evil government to come to power in US history. His only righteous option was indeed to declare martial law, arrest all democrat members of Congress and at least twenty governors, and to re-hold the election with military observers. As you mentioned, he instead just walked away. And in his last speech he went on and on and on about how great he was and how many awesome things he had accomplished.

Maybe the man was the real thing . . . a great American leader . . . or maybe he was just another pretender. Whatever the case ends up being, as judged by future historians, one thing is for certain: he is gone from power and toothless—and evil now reigns over our civilization. Hell of a thing.

A few words of advice, and welcome to USMB by the way, if you want to engage in any kind of positive or constructive debate here tone down the personal attacks. Elsewise people here might just put you on ignore. I mean, I lose control and do it sometimes too, but you are new here, right? At least get to know some of us first.

You must realize something if you really, truly want to understand supporters of Donald Trump. Otherwise, if you're just here to cast aspersions and troll, ignore the following. Alright, listen up. See, friend, there's a very bright and sharp line for most Americans (and most all Christians) between Good (with a capital 'G') and Evil (with a capital 'E'). Make no mistake, we're talking about the dividing line between ancient, primordial Good and Evil. Got it?

Donald Trump stood on one side of that line—no matter what you think of his personality, whilst most of the rest of our elected leaders stood proudly on the opposite side. It's as simple as that and as basic as the following: Trump represented to tens and tens of millions of Americans protection for the unborn and protection for our children from the evil of radical leftist ideologies such as sadism and postmodernism. That's it. That is why many, many, many Americans did and continue to support Donald Trump. Period. It's a Good versus Evil thing. A pro-human vs. anti-human thing. A faith in God vs. a godlessness thing. You can't kill an ancient belief. Don't even try.
It's not even about Trump any more. Now its what you said. Good vs Evil.

What potus of the USA would RAISE drug prices? Give gitmo prisoners vaccines first? Would allow caravans of people into the USA when we are battling a virus that CHINA wrough on us, would hand over our power grid to a communist country, etc etc etc? An evil one, that's who. AND..pass a law that abortion can happen up to a certain amount of time just as birth pangs begin. That is MURDER. Plain and simple..MURDER. And EVIL is the ones that refuse to see it as murder because they do not think as human beings. They think as PARTISANS with no souls or thoughts of anything EXCEPT partisan.

Anyway....y'all carry on. I'm going to bed soon. Will be back in the wee hours as usual. I don't think I have had a decent nights sleep in over a year and I doubt tonight will be any different.

Isn't Russia communist?

Greg
According to Breibart News. Ha Ha.

So...there's my 2 cents.

OK. I'll give it a try. At his most basic level, Trump failed to pivot into the job of being President of the United States. When one is elected President, we've come to expect a certain amount of decorum and a willingness to appreciate the enormity of the responsibility that comes with the job. Presidents have had their flaws but they were able to handle the moment, especially when their presidency was tested. Trump had no such capability. He was never interested in the job. Had no political experience. Didn't know how government worked, how it was supposed to work, and how policy was made and passed. He backed into the Presidency due to a once in lifetime confluence of events. Up until he put his foot on the golden escalator at Trump Tower in 2015, he was used to being the one man show. The reality TV game show host who could build an empire based on his name alone. So he ran his campaign like a long running episode of The Celebrity Apprentice. People bought that. They were so turned off by his opponent that he squeaked into the White House.

I notice the first place you went to was loyalty. This was, in my opinion, one of Trump's greatest weaknesses. Surrounding himself with yes men/women and enablers. When handling the complexities of government, you want people around you to ask competent questions and at least be able to present counter arguments. As a leader, you want people who will point out to you that something's screwed up, or that you might be making a mistake...all without expecting major retribution from you if they do. Eventually, if the only people you have around you are people who bow to your every wish, you will give in to the worst aspects of your nature, which is exactly what happened to Trump in the end. I have no love for Pence but he was at least loyal to Trump. And in the end, when all his avenues were closed to him, Trump threw him under the bus in a temper tantrum. That right there should consign Trump to the ash heap of political history.

Trump was never a conservative. He was and is an opportunist. A con artist. The only person he was interested in helping was himself. This is what mystifies me about people like you who thought this man was going to change something that you felt was wrong with this country. And in the process, you allowed yourself to be dragged down into the well of sludge and poison, believing in non-existent conspiracy theories, wanting martial law to be declared, supporting a riot to overturn a free and fair election, and continued rule of a man who had no business sitting in that chair. For three years, he coasted on the trappings of what his predecessor left him without having to perform any kind of hard work. Then, the moment his presidency is tested, he is exposed for the abjectly incompetent fraud he is. Hundreds of thousands dead, millions out of work, thousands of businesses closed forever. Inaction and incompetence being exposed on a daily basis. He's done a good job of killing his own political future. He will try and stay relevant and maybe even take the Republican party down with him. I hope he does.

So...there's my 2 cents.

OK. I'll give it a try. At his most basic level, Trump failed to pivot into the job of being President of the United States. When one is elected President, we've come to expect a certain amount of decorum and a willingness to appreciate the enormity of the responsibility that comes with the job. Presidents have had their flaws but they were able to handle the moment, especially when their presidency was tested. Trump had no such capability. He was never interested in the job. Had no political experience. Didn't know how government worked, how it was supposed to work, and how policy was made and passed. He backed into the Presidency due to a once in lifetime confluence of events. Up until he put his foot on the golden escalator at Trump Tower in 2015, he was used to being the one man show. The reality TV game show host who could build an empire based on his name alone. So he ran his campaign like a long running episode of The Celebrity Apprentice. People bought that. They were so turned off by his opponent that he squeaked into the White House.

I notice the first place you went to was loyalty. This was, in my opinion, one of Trump's greatest weaknesses. Surrounding himself with yes men/women and enablers. When handling the complexities of government, you want people around you to ask competent questions and at least be able to present counter arguments.

As a leader, you want people who will point out to you that something's screwed up, or that you might be making a mistake...all without expecting major retribution from you if they do. Eventually, if the only people you have around you are people who bow to your every wish, you will give in to the worst aspects of your nature, which is exactly what happened to Trump in the end.

I have no love for Pence but he was at least loyal to Trump. And in the end, when all his avenues were closed to him, Trump threw him under the bus in a temper tantrum. That right there should consign Trump to the ash heap of political history.

Trump was never a conservative. He was and is an opportunist. A con artist. The only person he was interested in helping was himself. This is what mystifies me about people like you who thought this man was going to change something that you felt was wrong with this country.

And in the process, you allowed yourself to be dragged down into the well of sludge and poison, believing in non-existent conspiracy theories, wanting martial law to be declared, supporting a riot to overturn a free and fair election, and continued rule of a man who had no business sitting in that chair. For three years, he coasted on the trappings of what his predecessor left him without having to perform any kind of hard work.

Then, the moment his presidency is tested, he is exposed for the abjectly incompetent fraud he is. Hundreds of thousands dead, millions out of work, thousands of businesses closed forever. Inaction and incompetence being exposed on a daily basis. He's done a good job of killing his own political future. He will try and stay relevant and maybe even take the Republican party down with him. I hope he does.

Thoughtful, brilliant post..

I have to be honest here, I never really liked Trump. He was a life long Progressive who tried to run for election a decade prior begging Oprah to run with him, but when she declined, he bailed out. But at that time he sounded like a Democrat as he belittled politiicans like Pat Buchannan who was also running for President because of his support to secure the border.

I realize I may get stones thrown at me here, but I think Trump was a Progressive plant, merely to generate support for a then dead party with Hillary running. And in 2024, Trump will be there again to be a wrecking ball for what is left of the GOP, not that there was much there to begin with, clearing the way for Commie Harris to be appointed President.

After all, do Progressive control the voting booths or not? If they do, Trump was put there for a reason.

What it all boils down to is we can't rely on one person to protect ourselves and the US. It is We The People who have to do that. We have become lazy and docile and just let the Dark Cabal run all over us and do nothing about it. We only have ourselves to blame, because it is us who keep the Dark Cabal in power by not resisting their tyranny and better educating ourselves.
People are sheep. Always has been, always will be.

This gradiose idea that "people" will rise up is just as perposterous as the notion that sheep can defend themselves from wolves and won't jump over a cliff if their leader sheep does.

The Progressive myth that "democracy" is some sort of safe guard against being consumed by wolves is insane. The sheep will vote how the media and academia tells them.

1612013310861.png

Trump turned out to be a zionist puppet. The zionists used him and dumped him. That creepy chabad zionist Jared Kushner was the shadow president. Instead of a wall, why not use US troops to move into Mexico and flush out the savages chopping each other up in regards to drug trafficking. "Insurrection" is a projection word used by the actual insurrectionists who supported BLM, Antifa, etc. as they destroyed cities and took down monuments, etc. It seems like Trump knew Q (zionists) and other insane retards would attend the rally and then demand action.

Forum List

Back