Conservative vs. Republican: What's The Difference?

I Consider Myself To Be First & Foremost A...

• Republican

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservative

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Both, there's no difference

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither, they're both crazy

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
To those on the right. What do you consider yourself first, a conservative or a Republican? Is there a difference between the two? If so, what is the difference?

Why the difference?

A Conservative is one who seeks to conserve the principles in nature that sustain cultural viability... which is what the US Constitution was written to do... thus in the US, Conservatives are those who seek to conserve the US Constitution and the principles that it was written to promote; which is to say was written to preserve the recognition by the citizenry of the laws of nature that govern the preservation of individual liberty.

Conservatives are OKA: Americans.

A Republican is a member of the GOP... . Wherein there is a 50-50 chance that such will be a conservative.

To those on the right. What do you consider yourself first, a conservative or a Republican? Is there a difference between the two? If so, what is the difference?

Why the difference?

conservative is an ideology of freedom and limited govt; Republican is modified conservatism to win elections. Do you understand?

A Conservative is one who seeks to conserve the principles in nature that sustain cultural viability... which is what the US Constitution was written to do... thus in the US, Conservatives are those who seek to conserve the US Constitution and the principles that it was written to promote; which is to say was written to preserve the recognition by the citizenry of the laws of nature that govern the preservation of individual liberty.

A Republican is a member of the GOP... . Wherein there is a 50-50 chance that such will be a conservative.
So which one are you?

A Conservative is one who seeks to conserve the principles in nature that sustain cultural viability... which is what the US Constitution was written to do....

I do agree for sure but don't forget you're dealing with liberals here and their sole conception of govt is : welfare is good. They may not understand what you are saying.

So which one are you?

I've chosen to be an American (Which as the equation above notes, means that I'm a proponent of conserving the principles of nature that sustain individual liberty.)

Whats the difference between a radical leftist and a retard?

-Geaux

Well, Hitler Stalin and Mao were radical leftists and as such were able to kill 200 million while a retard, even a liberal retard, probably could not kill that many.

Why the difference?

I am a Conservative. I am a staunch supporter of Capitalism. I believe in Limited Government. I
What is the difference between a Conservative and a Republican?

A Conservative is stupid every time he opens his mouth.

A Republican is stupid every time he refuses to close his mouth.

Jonathan Gruber said that success of the passage of Obamacare was dependent on the stupidity of the American Voter.....he was not referring to the Conservatives and Republicans who spoke out against passage of the Bill. You say the Conservatives are Stupid. Jonathan Gruber disagrees with you and clearly feels that people who support your views, are stupid.

So which one are you?

I've chosen to be an American (Which as the equation above notes, means that I'm a proponent of conserving the principles of nature that sustain individual liberty.)

Good point!! A liberal is really not an American because he doesn't share the views of our Founders. It is no surprise they spied for Stalin, gave him the bomb, and elected Obama despite his 3 communist parents and voting to left of even Bernie Sanders.

A Conservative is stupid every time he opens his mouth.

Aristotle Cicero Locke Jefferson Madison and Friedman were stupid or so says the man who drew a clown face on a Republcan and thought it was meaningful???
Which one are you?

I'm a conservative libertarian Republican. Why do you ask?
Honestly, I don't know what that means.
Those are a bunch of words and names one can assign almost any meaning to.
Please define.

Forum List

Back