Conservative Action Alerts and Nevada Rancher

Just to clarify what is actually happening and to refute the nonsense spouted by some:

http://rt.com/usa/nevada-ranch-armed-feds-520/
"After 20 years of battling the US government for use of his family's land, a Nevada rancher’s “one-man range war” may soon end. The family says heavily-armed federal agents have surrounded the ranch as "trespass cattle” are removed from the disputed land."

Nevada Rancher Says He?s Surrounded by Militarized US Government Forces Who?ve Come to Remove Cattle | The Dissenter
"The Bureau of Land Management obtained a federal court order to have about 908 “trespassing” cattle owned by Cliven Bundy, who is the last rancher in Clark County, Nevada, removed."

Showdown: Nevada rancher, feds face off over grazing rights - CNN.com
"Between Saturday and Wednesday, contracted wranglers impounded a total of 352 cattle, federal officials said. Bundy says he owns 500 of the more than 900 cattle that federal officials are planning to confiscate for illegal grazing, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. Bundy told the newspaper that each head of his livestock is worth about $1,000."

Authorities Seize Nevada Rancher's 134 Cattle in Land Use Standoff - Fox Nation
"Armed federal officials and contract cowboys have been brought in to execute a 2013 court order and remove the trespassing cattle."

Last Man Standing | Washington Free Beacon
"After years of court battles, the BLM secured a federal court order to have Bundy’s “trespass cattle” forcibly removed with heavy artillery, the family said."

The cattle are being removed, not killed.

You get my full measure of respect for your patience and persistence in pointing out the glaring errors in the talking points action alert that so many on here just keep posting and re-posting.

Honestly, I believe these posters realize that they are posting things that are not true and wild hyperbole. They apparently belong to that crowd that think if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes true. OR they really don't care - they're just trolling around trying to irritate people.

Just to clarify what is actually happening and to refute the nonsense spouted by some:

"After 20 years of battling the US government for use of his family's land, a Nevada rancher’s “one-man range war” may soon end. The family says heavily-armed federal agents have surrounded the ranch as "trespass cattle” are removed from the disputed land."

Nevada Rancher Says He?s Surrounded by Militarized US Government Forces Who?ve Come to Remove Cattle | The Dissenter
"The Bureau of Land Management obtained a federal court order to have about 908 “trespassing” cattle owned by Cliven Bundy, who is the last rancher in Clark County, Nevada, removed."

"Between Saturday and Wednesday, contracted wranglers impounded a total of 352 cattle, federal officials said. Bundy says he owns 500 of the more than 900 cattle that federal officials are planning to confiscate for illegal grazing, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. Bundy told the newspaper that each head of his livestock is worth about $1,000."

"Armed federal officials and contract cowboys have been brought in to execute a 2013 court order and remove the trespassing cattle."

"After years of court battles, the BLM secured a federal court order to have Bundy’s “trespass cattle” forcibly removed with heavy artillery, the family said."

I dont understand these cons. They are free to find out the truth but instead they defend the lies they've been told and are convinced its everyone else who is lying.

Thats an easy to figure out conclusion when one of your main talking points is to ignore the "main stream media".

I dont understand these cons. They are free to find out the truth but instead they defend the lies they've been told and are convinced its everyone else who is lying.

Thats an easy to figure out conclusion when one of your main talking points is to ignore the "main stream media".

I even made sure to use a couple of right wing sites. The Dissenter and the Free Beacon are hardly main stream, and are quite sympathetic to the rancher.

I've seen instances in which political extremism (on both sides of the political extreme) starts to resemble a cult.

You are only allowed to receive "approved" information and if you are confronted with the obvious falsehood of your information then you just write off the messenger as a tool of satan.

But I think the more common thing that happens on these boards, is that a lot of folks don't care if they are accurate or not. They just want to push their agenda no matter what, never admit a mistake, and/or annoy people who disagree with them at all costs.

I'll say again that the Fed. gov. is making a serious mistake in making a show of force and trying to intimidate these people. One of the quickest ways I know of to start a fight.

I'll say again that the Fed. gov. is making a serious mistake in making a show of force and trying to intimidate these people. One of the quickest ways I know of to start a fight.

Yes when people break the law they should be left alone because telling them to stop is ground for fighting

Fed. agents expect-and are-allowed to break the law without penalty. Maybe these people think they are as good as BLM or ATF agents.
In the end it doesn't matter what you or I think. If the people think-as they seem to-their land and property are being stolen at gunpoint, they are likely to react the same as they would to any other armed thief.

Does Bundy own the land? Does he have title to it? Did Bundy EVER own the land in question? If so, when did he sell it or lose title to that land?

Jesus christ...

He doesnt own shit

I already knew Bundy didn't own the land. I just wantd to know if he EVER owned it and could show that the land had been taken from him at some point against his will, or if he's just some guy who thinks he's entitled to special privileges just because he's been doing something for years and thinks that means it's okay to continue doing it.

does bundy own the land? Does he have title to it? Did bundy ever own the land in question? If so, when did he sell it or lose title to that land?

jesus christ...

He doesnt own shit

i already knew bundy didn't own the land. I just wantd to know if he ever owned it and could show that the land had been taken from him at some point against his will, or if he's just some guy who thinks he's entitled to special privileges just because he's been doing something for years and thinks that means it's okay to continue doing it.

ding ding ding

I haven't read anything suggesting otherwise. He says his family has ranched there since the 1870's. So, how can they simply ranch there without living there or owning the land for that long?

They do own a ranch in Clark County, and do live there.

They don't own the land they graze their cattle on, and never have. That land - where they graze their 900 heads of cattle - is public land. It is not part of their ranch, although I imagine it isn't far away.

I've been reading report after report. I frankly don't know who or what to believe. My research fails me at the moment.

No it just doesnt confirm your bias.

Forum List

Back