Conservative Action Alerts and Nevada Rancher

All of this has been explained here and in virtually every media report. If you really don't understand by now, I can only assume willful ignorance. How can YOU post such lengthy diatribes on a subject you admittedly know absolutely nothing about?

I've been reading all of the media reports. I haven't admitted anything up to this post of yours. They don't suggest he lives there, but they also don't suggest that he doesn't live there. If you can provide me with a report that shows me whether or not he lives there, then I will drop the issue.

If he lived there, and was being kicked out of his home, don't you think any of the articles you've read would have mentioned that?

It's the media. I don't trust them to report anything accurately.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone could read a single article about this and still be so woefully uninformed about the most rudimentary issues involved.

So, inform me. Be my guest. You seem to think you know so much. Lets go. I've read close 15 separate articles on this issue, start pulling links or leave. Quit antagonizing me.

Last edited:
I've been reading all of the media reports. I haven't admitted anything up to this post of yours. They don't suggest he lives there, but they also don't suggest that he doesn't live there. If you can provide me with a report that shows me whether or not he lives there, then I will drop the issue.

If he lived there, and was being kicked out of his home, don't you think any of the articles you've read would have mentioned that?

That's a cop out.

The talking points have been blown out of the water repeatedly: killing his cows, throwing him off his land for turtles, homestead idiocy... they don't care. Their masters gave them their talking points and ordered them to spread 'em. They dutifully obey no matter how stupid they appear. I guess you gotta admire their willingness to be such fools for the sake of their masters. There's a lot to be said for a good lapdog.

its obvious that they've been spoon-fed their marching orders for today.

Oh yeah, crystal clear. Three different threads, all started with the rancher under siege meme, oblivious to the same rudimentary facts of the case and all including the same buzz words geared to stir up that segment of the far right: Waco, Ruby Ridge, jackboots, etc...
And so many of the faithful sheep echoing the same mistakes over and over again.

Good little sheep, huh?

I find it very hard to believe that anyone could read a single article about this and still be so woefully uninformed about the most rudimentary issues involved.

So, inform me. Be my guest. You seem to think you know so much. Lets go. I've read close 15 separate articles on this issue, start pulling links or leave. Quit antagonizing me.

Ewww, did I spot a gramatical error there ?????

How embarassing for one of the better debaters here ....

Ok, here ya go. Dude's family has been grazing their cattle on this public land for 127 years. They've never owned it.

They were allowed to graze their cattle on this land for free up until the 1940s or so when the feds started charging grazing fees. They paid and kept grazing their cattle there. ThenI this guy decides he isn't going to pay anymore. He stops paying. Legal battles go on and in 1993 a court says, you donMt pay - your cows don't graze. Pay or move your cattle off this public land. He does neither. Last year a court authorizes the removal of the cattle and they started doing that this week.

Last edited:
Also what makes me think it's his land is the fact that he used the words "preemptive rights." So, my mind suddenly jumped to the Preemption Act of 1841, which was replaced by the Homestead Act of 1862. Trust me, I've been doing research this entire time.

That's a cop out.

So, how is it a cop out? From what I've read, the ranch is in Bunkerville, Nevada. Bundy lives in Bunkerville, Nevada. But all they are focused on is how the Feds "designated" that land for the preservation of a lone species of reptile.

Like I said, I can't trust the media to disclose all of the details.

So you make up your own ‘truth.’

He claims a "preemptive right" for his cattle to graze there for free. Even though his family paid for about 50 years.

Anyone who has read a single article on this is well aware that the ownership of this land has NEVER been questioned.

Last edited:

That's a cop out.

So, how is it a cop out? From what I've read, the ranch is in Bunkerville, Nevada. Bundy lives in Bunkerville, Nevada. But all they are focused on is how the Feds "designated" that land for the preservation of a lone species of reptile.

It sounds like you've been getting your news from reading militia websites, and you're looking for the wrong thing. The ranch is where Bundy lives. The cattle were not on a ranch, they were on open grazing land.

That's how people keep herds of cattle in the West. They let them graze freely, on BLM land near the ranch, and round them up once or twice a year to sell, for the vet, or anything like that.

That's why cows are branded - so one rancher knows his cattle from other ranchers.

In addition, the land has not been "designated" for the preservation of any sort of reptile.

A year ago, an environmental organization threatened to sue to protect the tortoise - that's the only relevance the tortoise has to this story at all.

Ok, here ya go. Dude's family has been grazing their cattle on this public land for 127 years. They've never owned it.

They were allowed to graze their cattle on this land for free up until the 1940s or so when the feds started charging grazing fees. They paid and kept grazing their cattle there. ThenI this guy decides he isn't going to pay anymore. He stops paying. Legal battles go on and in 1993 a court says, you donMt pay - your cows don't graze. Pay or move your cattle off this public land. He does neither. Last year a court authorizes the removal of the cattle and they started doing that this week.

So, how is stating what I already know proving they never owned it? His family had been using the land for 127 years (according to you), moreover, the Mormon settlers had been using that land long before the government came in. They have preemptive rights over that land now. It has been used for one sole purpose, not for any other. The BLM was formed in 1946, and began implementing grazing fees. Yes, I know.

All was fine until the government started interfering with the livelihoods of the cattle ranchers in Nevada.

That's a cop out.

It sounds like you've been getting your news from reading militia websites, and you're looking for the wrong thing. The ranch is where Bundy lives. The cattle were not on a ranch, they were on open grazing land.

That's how people keep herds of cattle in the West. They let them graze freely, on BLM land near the ranch, and round them up once or twice a year to sell, for the vet, or anything like that.

That's why cows are branded - so one rancher knows his cattle from other ranchers.

In addition, the land has not been "designated" for the preservation of any sort of reptile.

A year ago, an environmental organization threatened to sue to protect the tortoise - that's the only relevance the tortoise has to this story at all.

I've not been reading militia websites. That's one false assumption. I've read pages from CBS affiliates, the IJ Review, Fox News, The Washington Post... the last places I would be looking for info is from some hackneyed militia website. No sir. Not even I am that gullible.

So, how is stating what I already know proving they never owned it? His family had been using the land for 127 years (according to you), moreover, the Mormon settlers had been using that land long before the government came in. They have preemptive rights over that land now. It has been used for one sole purpose, not for any other. The BLM was formed in 1946, and began implementing grazing fees. Yes, I know.

All was fine until the government started interfering with the livelihoods of the cattle ranchers in Nevada.

Those cattle ranchers in Nevada wouldn't exist at all, if it wasn't for the federal government, who bought the whole damn state from Mexico.

We can play this game all day.

I've not been reading militia websites. That's one false assumption. I've read pages from CBS affiliates, the IJ Review, Fox News, The Washington Post... the last places I would be looking for info is from some hackneyed militia website. No sir. Not even I am that gullible.

This is what made me think that:

"Off the Grid News" is a bit on the looney militia side.

Nope, the mormons came in after the US government bought the land from Mexico and after the homestead act that required an application be filed to homestead the land. No application was filed. Bundy does not claim ownership of the land.

The talking points have been blown out of the water repeatedly: killing his cows, throwing him off his land for turtles, homestead idiocy... they don't care. Their masters gave them their talking points and ordered them to spread 'em. They dutifully obey no matter how stupid they appear. I guess you gotta admire their willingness to be such fools for the sake of their masters. There's a lot to be said for a good lapdog.

its obvious that they've been spoon-fed their marching orders for today.

:lol:

I guess the Governor of Nevada got his talking points too right? The Governor of Nevada is obeying his master whoever it is right?

Hell's bells all of you left wingers should call up the Governor of Nevada and give him shit for being spoon fed.

Indeed, Nevada's governor has criticized the cattle roundup and what he calls "intimidation" in the dispute.

On Wednesday, officials from the federal Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service didn't immediately respond to Gov. Brian Sandoval's call for the BLM to 'reconsider its approach and act accordingly' in the ongoing roundup of about 900 cattle roaming a vast area about half the size of the state of Delaware.

'No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans,' Sandoval said in a statement released after business hours Tuesday.

South Nevada rancher takes on armed federal agents in standoff | Mail Online

Last edited:
The reason why the federal government owns 70% of the state of Nevada is because no one else wanted it. No one wanted desert homesteads - Mormon ranchers came out, homesteaded on water sources, and then let their cattle and livestock graze on the surrounding land, outside of their homestead. No one cared because no one wanted the land.

Decades pass, and the tragedy of the commons takes its toll. So the government creates the BLM to manage the land that no one else wanted. They continue to allow people to basically do whatever they want on the land - you can go shoot guns, light bonfires, drive ATVs, or pretty much anything else on BLM land - and continue to allow ranchers to graze their cattle on the land, in exchange for a small grazing fee.

Yeah keep linking your fringe action alert talking points. Ignore the falsehoods they contain - plead ignorance of the whole story .... rinse and repeat.

Just like good sheep. We must please the masters.

Forum List

Back