Connolly [D-VA]: Veterans “Unqualified to Serve” in Congress

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
Connolly [D - VA]: Veterans “Unqualified to Serve” in Congress Because Deployments Prevent Veterans from Serving Local Communities

Fairfax, VA – Virginia Congressman Gerry Connolly (D-11) shocked constituents by suggesting that military Veterans are unqualified to serve in Congress because their deployments prevent them from putting “sweat equity” into the districts they hope to serve in Congress.

Congressman Connolly is running against Colonel Chris Perkins, a retired officer who served most of his more than 24 years in uniform as an Army Green Beret deployed overseas. Connolly has repeatedly suggested that Perkins’ lack of local involvement because of his military career makes him unqualified to hold federal office.

October 29, 2012 Congressman Connolly D-VA - Veterans Unqualified to Serve in Congress

What an asshole. :rolleyes:

Only a complete douchebag would believe that the veterans somehow lost their loyalty to the community because they were deployed all over the world. Does this asshat even realize what it means to put one's life on the line for their country? Connolly only understands loyalty to his career and I hope he loses big time.

Wow....I disagree with him completely. That kind of talk is just as stupid as Obama not being qualified to be president because he never ran a business.

my Congressional rep is a GOP member, I see no sweat equity from him either.
The other is a Dem, I see no sweat equity from her either.
so vets should not listen to those in office about how they will not do their jobs.

Last edited:
Connolly [D - VA]: Veterans “Unqualified to Serve” in Congress Because Deployments Prevent Veterans from Serving Local Communities

Fairfax, VA – Virginia Congressman Gerry Connolly (D-11) shocked constituents by suggesting that military Veterans are unqualified to serve in Congress because their deployments prevent them from putting “sweat equity” into the districts they hope to serve in Congress.

Congressman Connolly is running against Colonel Chris Perkins, a retired officer who served most of his more than 24 years in uniform as an Army Green Beret deployed overseas. Connolly has repeatedly suggested that Perkins’ lack of local involvement because of his military career makes him unqualified to hold federal office.

October 29, 2012 Congressman Connolly D-VA - Veterans Unqualified to Serve in Congress

:rolleyes:

He said his opponent wasn't qualified because he didn't have any local experience as he'd been away in the military for the last 24 years.

:rolleyes:

He said his opponent wasn't qualified because he didn't have any local experience as he'd been away in the military for the last 24 years.
Exactly.

that's a little different than saying all veterans are unqualified.

in fact, it's not even close to saying that.
True. Only veterans who have given 24 years of service and been deployed away from home more often than not.

:thup:

no, one veteran that this guy is running against.

i don't agree with him, but trying to make it about all veterans is less than honest.

True. Only veterans who have given 24 years of service and been deployed away from home more often than not.

It's sad to see you lying, Si.
Perkins hasn't?

as far as i can see, he's given his benighted opinion.

stupid =/= lying

in fact, i'd say the colonel is the one who is playing fast and loose with the truth. this perkins clown is only talking about his opponent as far as i can see, yet his opponent expanded it to mean all veterans.

it seems dishonest to me.

that's a little different than saying all veterans are unqualified.

in fact, it's not even close to saying that.

no, one veteran that this guy is running against.

i don't agree with him, but trying to make it about all veterans is less than honest.
I didn't write the piece, you know. :eusa_hand:

However, one can safely assume that any veteran with Perkins' military experience is not qualified to serve in US Congress in Connolly's book.

Pretty fucking stupid thing to say in a congressional district where most who commute to the Pentagon, the Mark Center, Fort Belvoir, etc. live.

And, as I think Connolly is a boob, I'll let folks know how much of a boob he is.

:cool:

Forum List

Back