Congress can have access to eight years of Trump’s tax records, appeals court orders

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well...closer to the SCOTUS....

Congress can have access to eight years of Trump’s tax records, appeals court orders

"Congress can seek eight years of President Trump’s tax records, according to a federal appeals court order Wednesday that moves the separation-of-powers conflict one step closer to the Supreme Court.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit let stand an earlier ruling against the president that affirmed Congress’s investigative authority on a day when the House was holding its first public impeachment inquiry hearing.
Trump’s lawyers have said they are prepared to ask the Supreme Court to intervene in this case and in several other legal battles between the president and Congress.
The D.C. Circuit was responding Wednesday to Trump’s request to have a full panel of judges rehear a three-judge decision from October that rejected the president’s request to block lawmakers from subpoenaing his longtime accounting firm.

The order does not mean Trump’s taxes will be turned over to Congress immediately. The D.C. Circuit previously said it would put any ruling against the president on hold for seven days to give Trump’s attorneys time to ask the Supreme Court to step in.
Trump’s attorneys also are planning to ask the high court as soon as this week to block a similar subpoena for the president’s tax records from the Manhattan district attorney, who is investigating hush-money payments in the lead-up to the 2016 election. The New York-based appeals court ruled against Trump this month and refused to block the subpoena to his accounting firm, Mazars USA.
The D.C. Circuit case centers on a House Oversight Committee subpoena from March for the president’s accounting firm records — issued months before the beginning of its impeachment inquiry, related to Trump’s alleged efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rival Joe Biden."

"Congress can seek eight years of President Trump’s tax records, according to a federal appeals court order Wednesday that moves the separation-of-powers conflict one step closer to the Supreme Court.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit let stand an earlier ruling against the president that affirmed Congress’s investigative authority on a day when the House was holding its first public impeachment inquiry hearing.
Trump’s lawyers have said they are prepared to ask the Supreme Court to intervene in this case and in several other legal battles between the president and Congress.
The D.C. Circuit was responding Wednesday to Trump’s request to have a full panel of judges rehear a three-judge decision from October that rejected the president’s request to block lawmakers from subpoenaing his longtime accounting firm.

The order does not mean Trump’s taxes will be turned over to Congress immediately. The D.C. Circuit previously said it would put any ruling against the president on hold for seven days to give Trump’s attorneys time to ask the Supreme Court to step in.
Trump’s attorneys also are planning to ask the high court as soon as this week to block a similar subpoena for the president’s tax records from the Manhattan district attorney, who is investigating hush-money payments in the lead-up to the 2016 election. The New York-based appeals court ruled against Trump this month and refused to block the subpoena to his accounting firm, Mazars USA.
The D.C. Circuit case centers on a House Oversight Committee subpoena from March for the president’s accounting firm records — issued months before the beginning of its impeachment inquiry, related to Trump’s alleged efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rival Joe Biden."

Given up on Schiff's impeachment already? :laughing0301:

Silly wabbit..I'm on record many times as opposing impeachment......just tossing some red meat to the lions...LOL!

I give a hoot about the tax returns...although I have to wonder at the frantic energy Trump spends protecting them--I know Trump is shady in his business practices and so does America..they voted for him knowing it...so...either vote him out..or live with it....Kick him out?,,,,I can live with President Pence...just saying...

Silly wabbit..I'm on record many times as opposing impeachment......just tossing some red meat to the lions...LOL!

I give a hoot about the tax returns...although I have to wonder at the frantic energy Trump spends protecting them--I know Trump is shady in his business practices and so does America..they voted for him knowing it...so...either vote him out..or live with it....Kick him out?,,,,I can live with President Pence...just saying...
I suspect his tax return reluctance is a ruse designed to tie the democrats up in court for years. If there were anything amiss, the IRS would have been all over it...

I suspect his tax return reluctance is a ruse designed to tie the democrats up in court for years. If there were anything amiss, the IRS would have been all over it...

Exactly.

Hate to break it to you but even if he released his tax returns, you're going to be disappointed.

Hate to break it to you but even if he released his tax returns, you're going to be disappointed.
When they are leaked, reporters will likely quickly demonstrate loan and tax fraud. And , when they track down the many LLC shell companies, they will help set the stage for criminal money laundering investigations.

i wonder what nasty stuff is hiding in his tax returns that makes trump fight so hard to hide them. Must be nearly as bad as Ukraine cluster.

When they are leaked, reporters will likely quickly demonstrate loan and tax fraud. And , when they track down the many LLC shell companies, they will help set the stage for criminal money laundering investigations.

Somebody has been watching way too many movies. That plot of yours wouldn’t be taken by a Z list hack. Then again this moron thought Russian collusion would be proven too so consider the source.......

Sure, and the IRS just seemed to miss all of those....dumbass.

Sure, and the IRS just seemed to miss all of those....
Correct, as they would not have his loan documents. You really don't know much about any of this, do you?

So for some stupid reason you feel reporters will be able to make that determination from tax documents when they're leaked. Guess the other option is you loons just make up more shit and swear by it.

The 'transparent' President is being forced closer and closer to some actual transparency.

Lets unpack this idiotic trump cult defense:

The implied claim is that the IRS --and only the IRS -- has discovered every instance of tax fraud ever committed on a tax return. And they have done so based only on submitted tax documents. Every instance. And only the IRS.

I want you desperate cultists to contemplate how fucking moronic and unsustainable this claim is, and how stupid you sound every time you vomit it.

Remember when Trump promised to release his tax returns?
“If I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely,” he told “Ireland AM.” “And I would love to do that.”
Remember when Trump attacked Obama for not 'releasing' his school records?
Today Trump released a video offering to give $5m to the charity of the president's choice if the president released his college records.
And then we found out Trump had sent his attack dog to his schools to threaten them from releasing his college records?

Or as we recognize- Trump being the man his supporters admire- a liar, a bully and a hypocrite.

What is he hiding in his tax returns?
In his college records?

More absurd musings. The IRS would have been all over it. Another blimp gone down. Lol.

Forum List

Back